Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Yes! Thank God. He's going to be overwhelmed with love he has gotten all over the world 

I'm sure the mood changed drastically at 1 Bills drive and they're ecstatic at this news

Agree.  Prayers up the progress continues but could you imagine the emotion if he is able to be well enough to be on sideline or something this year!?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

you know what i want to see?

sunday or in the playoffs at home we have kevin everett come out and be the legend of the game. tell us to hold our heads high, love one another, there is hope

please, please, bills make this happen.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Agree.  Prayers up the progress continues but could you imagine the emotion if he is able to be well enough to be on sideline or something this year!?

If things keep progressing as they have, I'd think there's a good chance he's able to attend a Bills Super Bowl win.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep, I can tell you from personal job experience that you can see the bluish color change back to flush or pink just by doing CPR.  I definitely wanted to dovetail with others have said and encourage everyone to be CPR-certified.  It could be the difference.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

you know what i want to see?

sunday or in the playoffs at home we have kevin everett come out and be the legend of the game. tell us to hold our heads high, love one another, there is hope

please, please, bills make this happen.

or maybe by the time our wild card playoff game comes around they put Hamlin on the video board with a video message 

• Like (+1) 1

I can still remember the Penn State game when Adam Taliaferro jogged onto the field after suffered a spinal cord injury and made a remarkable recovery. It was one of the most memorable sports moments I have witnessed.   I can't wait until the day that Damar has beat this and is introduced either in person or on the big screen.   Just putting it out there, I will be bawling like a baby.   

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Great question, and I don't truly know the scope of what it means.  Certainly critical autonomic functions and gross measures of brain activity/responsiveness.

Physicians/neurologists would be best to answer this question.

Apparently there are gradations from 1-5: https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIRCHEARTFAILURE.108.828095

1 and 2 are considered "neurologically intact." 1 is no effects, and 2 is moderate dysfunction. Non-NIS categories are 3, 4, and 5.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.