NFL Week # 16 - Bills at Bears - post game thread

BuffaloBill

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

People have been overreacting to giving up a score early on the scripted drive for years lol

It seems like Frazier likes to play vanilla at the beginning to see what the offense's gameplan is. Then clamps down. If the defense tackles consistently, we have a top defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

WE ARE ON TO CINCINNATI!!

Another W. That’s all that matters. I don’t care how.

I think Josh didn’t take the Bears D seriously. He came out gunslinging looking for kill shots every play. You could see how late he was to the check downs because he’s milking every second he can to look deep. If he would just take the easy yards a second quicker it would open up the downfield stuff so much more. The pics were one awful decision and one awful throw. Maybe the wind got it, IDK, I didn’t care.

I love James Cook. He is friggin smooth like butter and gaining confidence in every game. If Singletary walks he will be our lead back but I bet Singletary comes back on a team friendly deal.

Horrible special teams, probably the elements. Without the self inflicted wounds be drop a 50 burger on the Bears.

When we play clean, we are nearly unbeatable. 

Yep. Bills are 12-0 vs. the schedule and 0-3 vs. themselves.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Yep. Bills are 12-0 vs. the schedule and 0-3 vs. themselves.

I don’t agree with this characterization.  The three close losses to the Jets, Dolphins and Vikings are completely balanced by the tight wins against the Lions, Ravens and Chiefs.  The way small sample variance goes we could be anywhere between 9-6 and 15-0, so 12-3 represents the team’s accomplishments well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

7-12 for fields vs 6-41 for Allen in running.

the got the opening drive TD

after that they got a FG on a pin of buffalo deep starting inside 40 and then after failing on 4th, they got a turnover which then gave them a FG

65 on opening drive

25 garbage time

209 for the game

thats 119 the rest of the game

Edited by djp14150
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I don’t agree with this characterization.  The three close losses to the Jets, Dolphins and Vikings are completely balanced by the tight wins against the Lions, Ravens and Chiefs.  The way small sample variance goes we could be anywhere between 9-6 and 15-0, so 12-3 represents the team’s accomplishments well.

I see what you "mean"!

4 minutes ago, BananaB said:

The Bills are 12-3 despite shooting themselves in the foot constantly. 

That’s the point. The tight games vs. the Ravens, Chiefs, and Lions cited above as possible losses are poor examples because we came back and won those games, just took them away from the opponents. I can’t say the Dolphins, Jets, and Vikings won in the same fashion at all. Not in the least.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think James Cook is coming into his own. I think he is both quicker and faster than Singletary and picks his holes much better. Singletary has been running with power and keeps his legs churning gaining yards after contact. Cook has a better chance of breaking a long run. Very encouraged from what I have seen of our running game of late.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sestak4ever said:

I think James Cook is coming into his own. I think he is both quicker and faster than Singletary and picks his holes much better. Singletary has been running with power and keeps his legs churning gaining yards after contact. Cook has a better chance of breaking a long run. Very encouraged from what I have seen of our running game of late.

His TD today was a thing of beauty. Real intelligence and fluidity in that run. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have not seen any breakdowns, were the Bears in heavy shell coverage and inviting the Bills to run? Because it seems like a normally terrible secondary did a good job limiting Josh with help from the wind while the running game hadn't looked that dominant any time in decent memory.

I think Singletary was close to 10 yards a carry? I know the Bears Dline isn't good, but this seems purposeful 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.