NFL Week # 16 - Bills at Bears - post game thread

BuffaloBill

The Bills totally shut down the Chicago offense after the first drive.  Despite Josh having an off day, and multiple stupid penalties and turnovers on the offense, they dominated and won by 22 points, with a dominant running game. Yet, lots of supposed fans here demonstrate no understanding of the dominant team they are privileged to be witnessing this year; no understanding at all of the reality of the NFL.  The Bills are still the Super Bowl favorite because they have demonstrated the ability to to win in a variety of different situations and in a variety of different ways.  

People who doubt the the Bills”s are the best team, or at the very least in the top 2 or 3 need to pay a little more attention to what is going on elsewhere, the way all games tighten up this time of year, the struggles of other favorites, and get some perspective on the characteristics of top teams, winning teams.  You might just gain a better appreciation of this season before it’s over. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Process said:

Mirror image of the falcons game last year. Late in the season. Bad weather. Allen plays like complete dog crap.

For definitions of dog crap involving 2 passing TD, a rushing TD, 6 carries at 6.8 ypc

Was it a brilliant QB performance, No, but if you send me your mailing address I'll be happy to provide you with some actual dog crap, absolutely free of charge, so you have an appropriate basis to compare.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I hope some of you "guys" are different with your wives and girlfriends than you are whinning up in this fourm. If not I guarantee you that they are ***** someone else. Never seen more whining in a 23 pt win in my life. Not my fault that Josh Allen playing good makes some of you guys feel more like a man 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

That should have been called for forward progress, refs handed that to Cincinnati, I’m sure New York said let it stand they want next weeks game to have more meaning. Pure bull####

But, if they handed it to  New England, next week’s Pats v. Fins game would have more meaning.    In bigger tv markets.   How do you square that calculus in conspiracyville?

Loved the emphasis on running it. The O -line was really firing and Cook is starting to look a lot like his big brother. Look for more of the same next week. This O-line can run block, Dorsey has to give them a chance. It will open big opportunities for receivers. How impressive was our defense. Eddie, Milano, Edmunds and our safeties were unstoppable in the 2nd half.Tre looks better each week. We are starting to look the part.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

This is one of the weirdest flexes I’ve ever seen here. Calling yourself a Bills fan but can’t wait to fry someone’s ass if they lose. Maybe just stop with the highly emotional bad takes during the game and you don’t have to fry anyone

Yeah.  I'm bringing back a classic here.  That guy sounds like the dictionary definition of a pissant.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I didn't follow the game threads but I'll assume people were losing their **** in the first half.

I peeked for a little while running errands and everyone wanted Frazier fired after that first touchdown drive 😂. Bears offense didn’t do much of anything after that it seems but I’ve gotta watch the game still

Well done defense and full credit to the adjustments made by Frazier after the first quarter. I can’t believe somebody up thread said we didn’t stop Fields today, he just didn’t run the ball. Unbelievable. 

On the offensive side, I fully appreciate the heavy cross winds making it difficult to pass the ball, but the terrible decision making precluded any turnovers. Josh needs to be smarter. Simple as that. 

On to Cincinnati.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Please, talk about Allen's "huge passing issues." I'm dying to know...

I’m kidding. He’s accurate and making good decisions and isn’t rushing throws or over/under throwing receivers or throwing balls right into linebackers chests. He’s doing great. I rescind my comment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Neo said:

But, if they handed it to  New England, next week’s Pats v. Fins game would have more meaning.    In bigger tv markets.   How do you square that calculus in conspiracyville?

Because our match up is for first place overall not two teams who have no chance of winning it all. Strangely not even a mention of it on the broadcast or any nfl shows. Complete bs. I’m sure you said the same thing when the men in black suits came on the field in the Houston playoff game and told them to overturn the fumble for a touchdown, because shady things never happen in the NFL.

17 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

This is one of the weirdest flexes I’ve ever seen here. Calling yourself a Bills fan but can’t wait to fry someone’s ass if they lose. Maybe just stop with the highly emotional bad takes during the game and you don’t have to fry anyone

Highly emotional bad takes?  What was a highly emotional bad take, saying that the quarterback throwing picks all over is does not make a contender.  Oh boy, such emotion.  Homers.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Hmm not sure I'm buying that the wind took such a short throw, but Allen always admits when he screws up so that's an interesting perspective.

In his post game, Josh did mention the wind and how it was tough because you didn't know when a gust might happen.  Like you, not sure that was the case on that pass in particular, but not sure Josh would just make stuff up about the wind.  Though, I read he sucks now, so maybe he is? 🤔 🤣 :beer: 

Also, at least we know cold and win won't be an issue for whoever plays in the SB. 😎

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Fields didn’t run today. The Bills didn’t stop him.

the D played well but early on looked really shaken which is a Frazier hallmark. 

Wow, this is some of the worst football analysis I’ve ever seen. You clearly don’t know what you are watching.

Fields didn’t run because we used a contained rush with a spy. The few times he tried, he got hit early and dropped.

But please, keep regaling us with your outstanding takes

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would cut the players some slack because of the weather (looking at you game day thread hot take artists).

- Allen fumbled a snap. Fields also fumbled a snap.

- Allen had 2 picks. Fields had a pick and another dropped pick (a pop fly dropped by White because Hamlin has zero awareness).

- Hines had a muffed kickoff. The Bears returner had a muffed punt.

Obviously conditions were not good at all. Bass missing twice indicates that as well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Heitz said:

I'd rather have a fan with hindsight who's correct, than a bunch of Nostradamus' who think they know the future during the game.

I have no dog in this fight but isn’t hindsight always right? Cause you’ve seen it before you base you opinion on what happened?

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

My observations on this game:

• We still don’t have a power back, but that being said— Motor, Cook, and Hines are a pretty good one, two, three punch. (Great spin move by Hines for a first down!)
  • Speaking of Hines— he’s the best P/KR we’ve had since Andre Roberts, but he ain’t no Andre Roberts…
  • This O-line without Morse is troubling, especially with Cincy coming up.
  • Tre White is getting a little better every week, but he’s not there yet. After this game, I feel like he will be.
  • In the first half, I found myself screaming, “when the hell did we get so bad at stopping the run…!” Especially after last week’s defensive performance. But, after the first half, Frazier made adjustments, and righted the ship. That’s good.
  • Also in the first half, was Kingsley Jonathon our best D-linesman in stopping the run?
  • Speaking of Frazier, for as long as he’s been in Buffalo, I feel like his defenses always have a slow start. It’s bothersome, but I no longer get stressed out when they give up a score in the first series.
  • Drops less of an issue this game than in the last few. That’s good.
  • Peterman!!! It’s not a Peterman game without an interception. He’s collecting them like stamps.

“This O-line without Morse is troubling, especially with Cincy coming up.” ????

254 yards, they seem just fine to me. 

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

Highly emotional bad takes?  What was a highly emotional bad take, saying that the quarterback throwing picks all over is does not make a contender.  Oh boy, such emotion.  Homers.

Yeah, Allen had a shaky game. And the Bills scored 35. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, CoudyBills said:

Allen's sample size in the playoffs is large enough where I'm not going to fret about a two interception game in the regular season in tricky elements.  He threw three picks against the Falcons last year near the end of the year.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Because our match up is for first place overall not two teams who have no chance of winning it all. Strangely not even a mention of it on the broadcast or any nfl shows. Complete bs. I’m sure you said the same thing when the men in black suits came on the field in the Houston playoff game and told them to overturn the fumble for a touchdown, because shady things never happen in the NFL.

But the conspiracy is about revenue, isn’t it?  TV markets?  Not first or second place.   Who cares.  The bad actors are money guys, correct?   That’s what i’ve been told …  or, can you simply claim conspiracy with no evidence, and then create a limitless number of circumstances to support the most recent allegation? 

I think they gave it to Cincinnati because they’re PETA members who want to bring attention to tigers   

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I peeked for a little while running errands and everyone wanted Frazier fired after that first touchdown drive 😂. Bears offense didn’t do much of anything after that it seems but I’ve gotta watch the game still

I thought I was going to run out of "🙄" reactions!  For real, I enjoy the game so much more when I don't read the GDT.  But I often do because it's like watching a car crash in slow motion... 🤣

And honestly, sometimes it's just fun to break stones (or take a ribbing), so here I am! :beer: 

3 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

I have no dog in this fight but isn’t hindsight always right? Cause you’ve seen it before you base you opinion on what happened?

Well, you would think, but then you come to a Bills post-game thread were we all watched the same thing, but some saw something totally different! 🤣

6 minutes ago, Heathcliff said:

We were running against a 6 man front. 

The bills should honestly be handing it off on every down with the fronts the bills have face recently

Always 6 maybe 7 man fronts

Defenses don't even defend the short stuff knowing that Allen will ignore it often

(For example Watch the Knox TD from the dolphins game, a defender is on Knox, defender goes to double the bigger play not expecting Allen to pass it shorter)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

You are so totally clueless that responding to the “substance” of your post is pointless.  Welcome to ignore. 

The story of the win, and it was recognized on National TV after the game, is the adversity that the team overcame once again.   Playing in difficult weather is one thing, disrupting their work week by having to travel early in the week was another, and then the prospect of not getting back for Christmas was another that was probably on their minds too. 

Unfortunately, the Bills will not be returning home to their families tonight with the Blizzard raging and the airport closed.   They will handle another curve ball that is beyond their control, and they will do it together. 

This looks like a special team that can do special things, even on days when they are not at their best.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 5

WE ARE ON TO CINCINNATI!!

Another W. That’s all that matters. I don’t care how.

I think Josh didn’t take the Bears D seriously. He came out gunslinging looking for kill shots every play. You could see how late he was to the check downs because he’s milking every second he can to look deep. If he would just take the easy yards a second quicker it would open up the downfield stuff so much more. The pics were one awful decision and one awful throw. Maybe the wind got it, IDK, I didn’t care.

I love James Cook. He is friggin smooth like butter and gaining confidence in every game. If Singletary walks he will be our lead back but I bet Singletary comes back on a team friendly deal.

Horrible special teams, probably the elements. Without the self inflicted wounds be drop a 50 burger on the Bears.

When we play clean, we are nearly unbeatable. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Repeating yourself really isn’t helping you dig out of the hole you are figuratively standing in, give it a rest, get yourself a beverage and snack of your choice and we can chat Bills tomorrow 👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.