Justin Fields makes me nervous.

ChicagoRic

On 12/20/2022 at 8:23 AM, ChicagoRic said:

As you can imagine, I see a good bit of Bears football and they are truly a bad team, but Fields is the exception.  While nothing special as a passer, he is a truly impressive rushing QB.  Makes guys miss.  Leaves jocks on the grounds.  Take what should be huge losses and somehow turns them into huge gains. 

It's not just a matter of putting a spy on him either.  The kid has some next level skills.  At 1000 yards rushing and 8 TDs, he's a legit starting RB who also just happens to throw the ball pretty well. 

He's the only the thing that has made the Bears even remotely watchable this year.

On the other hand, he's very very boom or bust.  Takes a ton of sacks and puts up some bad INTS.  It's very much "Good Justin" vs "Bad Justin".

Here's hoping we get more of the bad than good.

I agree, and he may go for 100 on the ground with a score against us. It will look bad, but ultimately he won't be able to single handedly beat the Bills.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:23 AM, ChicagoRic said:

As you can imagine, I see a good bit of Bears football and they are truly a bad team, but Fields is the exception.  While nothing special as a passer, he is a truly impressive rushing QB.  Makes guys miss.  Leaves jocks on the grounds.  Take what should be huge losses and somehow turns them into huge gains. 

It's not just a matter of putting a spy on him either.  The kid has some next level skills.  At 1000 yards rushing and 8 TDs, he's a legit starting RB who also just happens to throw the ball pretty well. 

He's the only the thing that has made the Bears even remotely watchable this year.

On the other hand, he's very very boom or bust.  Takes a ton of sacks and puts up some bad INTS.  It's very much "Good Justin" vs "Bad Justin".

Here's hoping we get more of the bad than good.

15/23 for 119 yards passing

7 rushes for 11 yards

How those nerves doin???

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/21/2022 at 5:09 PM, Southern_Bills said:

I agree, and he may go for 100 on the ground with a score against us. It will look bad, but ultimately he won't be able to single handedly beat the Bills.

Or like 11 yards on 7 carries?

17 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Josh was making me nervous the whole game.  Wonder which Josh will show up next week?

The one that almost always shows up in PrimeTime/Playoff Games. See last Saturday against the Fins for reference.

Edited by Big Turk

Not to be discounted, this is once again a pretty solid example of Frazier taking away their clearly best offensive force. Fields has 1k rushing yards on the season -  he had 11 today.

Frazier similarly took away Chubb and Tyreek Hill recently. Clear offensive top talent nullified. I raised this after the Miami game and the contrarians shouted about earlier season miscues which they were correct about, but this is emerging as a late season trend - Buffalo is succeeding at completely removing the opponent's primary offensive force from the equation, forcing them to rely on secondary options. I like it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Not to be discounted, this is once again a pretty solid example of Frazier taking away their clearly best offensive force. Fields has 1k rushing yards on the season -  he had 11 today.

Frazier similarly took away Chubb and Tyreek Hill recently. Clear offensive top talent nullified. I raised this after the Miami game and the contrarians shouted about earlier season miscues which they were correct about, but this is emerging as a late season trend - Buffalo is succeeding at completely removing the opponent's primary offensive force from the equation, forcing them to rely on secondary options. I like it.

I agree. They held Hill to 102 yards in 2 games. He averages 109 yards a game

9 hours ago, Nelius said:

IE, the Patriots way.  It worked well for them, and now working well for us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.