Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

I guess between this and the Cowboys dusting off TY Hilton, OBJ isnt coming back this year or maybe ever.

Just now, stevewin said:

Not sure if you are basing this on what you saw in TB - when he wasn't yet in 'game shape' , and also playing with some hesitancy in a new system - having to think some and not just doing.

To me this move really is for the playoffs.  He has weeks to get his body in game shape.  And no one doubts he knows the offense like the back of his hand and Josh and him have a connection that takes years to develop - which is the most important aspect of what they will be asking him to do (get to the right spot at the right time and catch the ball for 1st downs).  I'm willing to let it play out over the coming weeks.

He needs to be ready to play Saturday, which is basically a mini playoff game.

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I've never rooted for a Buffalo Bills player to fail... until now. We don't need this clown now nor in the future. I don't care how many of you back this loudmouth bum.

Why? Because his personal beliefs are different than yours?  How sad to live in such misery as your post 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

After seeing how an All-Pro (Von) can influence young players, might we think that Bease could help with Shakir’s development?  He may just catch the ball and fall down but if Shakir learns how to work against NFL coverages, next year he’s the slot guy.

If filling that role is what we are expecting out of Shakir, most definitely, since we know Dirty isn't going to be teaching him anything.

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I've never rooted for a Buffalo Bills player to fail... until now. We don't need this clown now nor in the future. I don't care how many of you back this loudmouth bum.

Come on man you gotta let go of the hate.

It just simmers in there if you don’t and you end up over-reacting to message board posts. 

It was a crazy time in human history and people were just trying to do what they thought was best. 

Some on one side, some on the other and like in every case, both sides were proven wrong in some aspect. 

We survived, so let’s move on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Erik Turner has posted a bunch of videos of Beasley in TB as if they are some sort or tendencies or proof of anything. 

He played 13 snaps before he retired. He’s just posting all 13 plays and being like “ooooo defenses are scared”

Good news all the way around.  We could use him, and that means OBJ is no longer a consideration.

I wasn't long ago that half of the fans were saying McKenzie was better because he had one good game.  It always seems to be the same people that get it wrong time after time.

1 hour ago, DaggersEOD said:

Just heard on GMFB!

Crazy! 

The fact they need to sign these veteran WR’s in December is really an indictment of the personnel department (Beane & co), Dorsey, and players like Gabe Davis but especially Isaiah McKenzie.  

The Bills doubled down that last year’s WR talent would improve.  They’ve mostly been the same players as they were last year in a reserve role.  

Whose fault is that?  Dorsey for not utilizing them properly?  The WR’s themselves?  It were they just never starting caliber to begin with?  

6 minutes ago, Moulds 808080 said:

Can he play Saturday? Or is that not realistic?

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He is expected to per Mike G NFL Network and local Channel 4 reporter

2 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Thanks brother. Just made me think of all the times JA has been under pressure with no outlet. Beas seemed to always notice and settle in the vacancy in the zone for an easy pitch and catch. 

Lately I just haven’t noticed that from our current group. 

Given Dagger's earlier point it makes sense...Josh Allen, "Yeah, don't worry about the playbook, just get open five yards up field.  Thank you."

😆

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JohnNord said:

The fact they need to sign these veteran WR’s in December is really an indictment of the personnel department (Beane & co), Dorsey, and players like Gabe Davis but especially Isaiah McKenzie.  

The Bills doubled down that last year’s WR talent would improve.  They’ve mostly been the same players as they were last year in a reserve role.  

Whose fault is that?  Dorsey for not utilizing them properly?  The WR’s themselves?  It were they just never starting caliber to begin with?  

Beane ****ed up. We just have to hope that these moves mean he recognizes it.

Beas did a very particular thing,  something that we have lacked all season.   he was near the tops of the game doing it.   Beas'  problem was availability.   bringing him back now,   rested,  healthy,  for a limited amount of games,   perfect.    im sure hes motivated to play hard and keep his mouth shut for the limited amount of time he'll be back here.   agree with him or not off the field,   if he can be even 80% of what he was 2 years ago,  it will massively help this offense.

imo this is Beane seeing enough of Isiah dropping balls because he doesnt want to get hit.   also shuts the door on OBJ.   you dont bring back Beas and Brown if yer gonna sign him.   Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

After seeing how an All-Pro (Von) can influence young players, might we think that Bease could help with Shakir’s development?  He may just catch the ball and fall down but if Shakir learns how to work against NFL coverages, next year he’s the slot guy.

I hope Shakir learns from him as well. How to find small open spots, make the tough catches, prepare for the hit etc. I am quite excited about Bease returning. At this point, him and (hopefully) Brown can be the correct role players for what this offense has been missing. 

In the next draft, we have to pick up at least 1 WR in the top rounds. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I think we could certainly use the personnel better than we have been.  The middle of the field is hardly ever used by Dorsey. Teams have caught on.

If I am not mistaken this was a problem to a degree under Daboll too that was somewhat corrected during his last year here.

Possibly due to Allen having a lot of batted balls at the line early in the year trying to throw over the middle.  Haven't seen many if any the last several weeks. It was happening 2-3 times a game early in the year. 

Allen had 5 thru 12 games, which was second in the NFL to Mayfield and was on pace to shatter the record for batted balls in a season...only has 14, which means he has only had 2 since week 6.  One reason is because they haven't been trying to throw to the middle of the field.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.