Remember RB Raheem Blackshear? He is have a great game for Carolina

Coldfronts

12 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He had a pedigree coming out of college that had him selected in the 3rd Round. That made him have some trade value that turned into Nyheim Hines. He also performed just as well as Blackshear against better players in the Pre-Season. 

He really did not come close to performing as well as Blackshear in the pre-season, but if it makes you feel better to say it, that’s fine.

55 minutes ago, Pete said:

Imagine if Hines had that same production.

motor-cook-Hines 13-46 3 catches 17 yards.

Blackshear didn’t have one 50 yard run to pad his stats.  He had mostly 10+ yard plays in his spot duty.  And he had a TD.  Lately we know how hard those can be to come by

That still doesn't make it a great game.  These are stats our RB's have put up before.

15 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Still wouldn't replace him for motor /cooks / Hines but good for him. He looked 🔥 in the pre season.  In hindsight, should have kept him over Moss

I would actually consider replacing Hines with Blackshear just because his contract over 3 years is half of Hines next year. 

I really like Hines as a PR/KR. But he provides nothing on offense. I would not be shocked if he is not on the roster next season. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

4 att 32 yards 1 td.  1 rec 17 yards.   

The touchdown was a walk in.

For the season he has 19 carries for an average of 3.8 yards per carry.  I think we are just fine without that production.  

18 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That's wonderful for him. But that's the nature of the beast. Good teams don't have the room on their roster for Undrafted Pre-Season wonders in garbage time that bad teams like Carolina do. 

We only ever carry 3 true RB's. Were we supposed to cut Devin Singletary for him? No. Were we going to cut James Cook months after spending a 2nd Round pick on him? No. Were we supposed to cut Zack Moss, who performed just as well, if not better in Pre-Season against better players, and had trade value for a guy like Nyheim Hines? No.

With the state of the team and roster as of late, gone are the days of Undrafted Rookies making the roster. And that's a good thing. Get used to these players making other rosters and possibly performing well.

The point was always that Beane was dumb for spending a 2nd round pick on a running back when you can get one of equal or similar value as an undrafted free agent.

18 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I thought Blackshear looked much more explosive than Moss, but they weren’t cutting a 3rd rounder to keep a UDFA.

And that is a problem.  Keeping draft position over talent

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Blackshear is just a JAG

don't understand the love affair

Because we have used multiple 2nd and 3rd round draft picks, to only have JAG rbs

22 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He had a pedigree coming out of college that had him selected in the 3rd Round. 

I didn't know this. I had hoped for Randy Moss, but Wikipedia says: "Moss is the cousin of former NFL wide receivers Santana Moss and Sinorice Moss, [26] and a second cousin of Minnesota Vikings cornerback Patrick Peterson". Still, not bad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.