Fish in Orchard Park - Snow Game ✅

WEATHER DOT COM

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Reposting this highlights package from the 95 playoffs snow game, because, well, it never gets old watching the Fish get fried in a building snowstorm, and the passing game continued undisturbed! 
https://youtu.be/2EdQWkKdQVE

This is actually the 1990 game. Check out the Miami OL getting slid back into the pocket ON HIS KNEES at about the 2:40 mark.  🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cannot believe there is a person on Twitter who is claiming the Lake Snow Warning for Southern Erie County, which says directly in it "including the cities of Orchard Park",  isn't for the Bills game and people who claim OP is included in that "can't live in the area" since it's not in Southern Erie County.

I think there needs to be a certain IQ threshold required to be able to post there...

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Reposting this highlights package from the 95 playoffs snow game, because, well, it never gets old watching the Fish get fried in a building snowstorm, and the passing game continued undisturbed! 
https://youtu.be/2EdQWkKdQVE

That was the 1990 Divisional Playoff game which preceded the Raiders 51-3 ass kicking.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/13/2022 at 9:57 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Stop it.  Bills are 10-1 the last 3 seasons in Highmark Stadium after Thanksgiving.

Cold and bad weather affects BOTH teams.  Bills are better at it.

Does that mean LA players are better playing in smog since they are accustomed to it?

I worked in Carson occasionally near where stadium is but never able to but I had bronchitis / walking pneumonia in college and my lung capacity was reduced.

15 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Allen arm strength > Tua arm strength = wind matters! 

Fair point. I know Josh can rip it thru the wind straight at it, but that stadium tends to swirl at field level and in all my years there, I’ve never seen any QB master the cross wind. From Namath to Elway to Marino to Kelly to Josh, they’ve all succumbed to that dreaded cross wind in that stadium. If it’s gotta be windy,  I’d love to see a nice steady left to right wind towards the tunnel. 

Edited by K-9

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Fair point. I know Josh can rip it thru the wind straight at it, but that stadium tends to swirl at field level and in all my years there, I’ve never seen any QB master the cross wind. From Namath to Elway to Marino to Kelly to Josh, they’ve all succumbed to that dreaded cross wind in that stadium. If it’s gotta be windy,  I’d love to see a nice steady left to right wind towards the tunnel. 

That will be gone in the new stadium since it will have two tunnel entrances. Current stadium is unique in that a single tunnel entrance causes crazy wind patterns and it's the only stadium in the NFL with that.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

That will be gone in the new stadium since it will have two tunnel entrances. Current stadium is unique in that a single tunnel entrance causes crazy wind patterns and it's the only stadium in the NFL with that.

As explained to me by an engineer who actually performs this kind of analysis for structural design all over the world, the biggest contributor to creating the swirling wind effect at the stadium is the wall of seats at the tunnel end that is perpendicular to the prevailing winds out of the west. The wind swoops down from the scoreboard end crashes into the tunnel end and can only dissipate sideways. The last time I tried to explain that here, I was shouted down and told the engineer didn’t know what he was talking about. But I trust his analysis. 

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Let Jimbo cook.

I think Devin Singletary has the potential in a snow game. Blocking not great... But the conditions might get him through to more daylight with conditions not being conducive for good blocking really needed. He just needs to find daylight...

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If that's the case can we sign Shady for one game?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beast said:

If I’m Miami, I have some type of package where Tyreek Hill is lined up in the backfield and just hand the ball to him to see how that works.

The good thing is that he won’t need to keep ice that ankle 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/12/2022 at 4:05 PM, Big Turk said:

Those are simply mesoscale totals and not reflective of any LES snow we would get. Any of the national weather places will not have any accuracy with that type of stuff, they simply have little to no experience with it.

It’s going to snow during the game. A lot.

Needed some evidence for the weather simps. Not a ton to provide a week before the game except it’s going to fkin snow 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.