Fish in Orchard Park - Snow Game ✅

WEATHER DOT COM

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Listening to Pats radio today and they said, quote: "The only way the Pats have a shot at the Bills is if the weather sucks."

They get it. 
This “we are Buffalo, we thrive in the elements” thing is pissing me off. More examples: the Indy snowstorm game that we WON with a combo of the statistically worst NFL QB of all time (Peterman) and an emergency punt returner (Joe Webb). Pray for calm weather! People are living in the past when we were clearly inferior to most playoff teams and bad weather gave us a fightin chance. Accept today’s reality: we’re really good!

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I would say Jets for sure.  Chargers....maybe would rather face them.  

Chargers if healthy are a terrible matchup for us. Mack and Bosa vs Brown and Dawkins? Oof. Allen Williams Herbert Ekeler on offense. 

Again, if relatively healthy, they are probably the last team I want to face. Would rather play the chiefs.

Jets are also a terrible matchup for us.

Dolphins or Pats would basically be a bye week. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

The key to "we get several feet" is "who is we?" Because one relatively narrow band of area will have 3 feet and the rest of us get 8 inches, a dusting or nothing at all. And a week later it's like it never happened.  

Well that’s true 

The city, Cheektowaga ,Lancaster ,Orchard Park, Hamburg , NT and the sticks all get hit differently 

But they’re all getting hit at some point throughout the winter pretty hard 

Just now, Process said:

Chargers if healthy are a terrible matchup for us. Mack and Bosa vs Brown and Dawkins? Oof. Allen Williams Herbert Ekeler on offense. 

Again, if relatively healthy, they are probably the last team I want to face. Would rather play the chiefs.

Chargers if healthy are the only team other than Bills/Bengals/Chiefs that I could see making it to the Super Bowl. So now that they’ve done their job and exposed Miami as a fraud, it’s time for them to go all Chargers again and lose to the Rams and Broncos. 

Just now, Process said:

The Chargers should be a terrible match up for anyone which is why a lot of people were saying that should be able to compete with KC the last 2 years.  However, they were one game above .500 last year and currently that right now.  They have a terrible defense (2 years running) and I would feel pretty confident we would would score against them.  

I agree about the Jets.  I don't want to face them.  I'd rather face the Chargers than Dolphins.  Dolphins have that quick strike ability and Tyreek Hill kills us in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Chargers if healthy are the only team other than Bills/Bengals/Chiefs that I could see making it to the Super Bowl. So now that they’ve done their job and exposed Miami as a fraud, it’s time for them to go all Chargers again and lose to the Rams and Broncos. 

Chargers defense is going to kill their season.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They have a terrible defense (2 years running) and I would feel pretty confident we would would score against them.  

I do agree that what the Chargers did against Tua won’t work against Josh. He’d take those open lanes for 100 yards rushing. But … if Bosa is back, a really good pass rush is a problem. As are Allen/Williams/Ekeler if they are all healthy at the same time. I’d rather avoid them entirely. Give me the Dolphins or Pats a 3rd time …

8 minutes ago, Process said:

They are a bad matchup for our OL. 

Our DL is an equally bad matchup for their OL.  

milano and edmunds are a great matchup for us vs their bread and butter- ekeler. 

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Chargers should be a terrible match up for anyone which is why a lot of people were saying that should be able to compete with KC the last 2 years.  However, they were one game above .500 last year and currently that right now.  They have a terrible defense (2 years running) and I would feel pretty confident we would would score against them.  

I agree about the Jets.  I don't want to face them.  I'd rather face the Chargers than Dolphins.  Dolphins have that quick strike ability and Tyreek Hill kills us in the playoffs.

Chargers defense is going to kill their season.

They have played most of this season without their #1 CB, stud DE, stud LT, top 2 WRs, and others.

I know the chargers have been a joke in prior years but this season I think them being above .500 is actually pretty damn impressive. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I do agree that what the Chargers did against Tua won’t work against Josh. He’d take those open lanes for 100 yards rushing. But … if Bosa is back, a really good pass rush is a problem. As are Allen/Williams/Ekeler if they are all healthy at the same time. I’d rather avoid them entirely. Give me the Dolphins or Pats a 3rd time …

Of course the Pats, I would take them in a heartbeat.

Dolphins speed scares me.  Hill can take a 10 yard cross to the house at any point of the game....which he's done to us two consecutive years in the playoffs.

Excluding the QB, I think he's the most dangerous player in the NFL.  He was running by corners yesterday on a bad ankle.  He eventually went out but my god.

The Chargers just disappoint for whatever reason.  I see they have talent, a lot of it but they aren't winning.  If they miss the playoffs 2 years in a row....are changes going to be made?

3 minutes ago, Process said:

They have played most of this season without their #1 CB, stud DE, stud LT, top 2 WRs, and others.

I know the chargers have been a joke in prior years but this season I think them being above .500 is actually pretty damn impressive. 

We've been injury ravaged all year and hold the #1 seed in what looks like the best division in Football.  The Chargers aren't in a good division (unexpected) and "in the hunt"....or maybe they have the #7 seed now.

They have talent, they just don't win like they should.  Something is off and probably the defense is the main culprit.

22 hours ago, Malazan said:

Why do people think snow is an advantage for us?

Since the miami game I've seen this strange bit on here about how people want a snowstorm to 'get back at miami' that seems to have unhinged people who forgot we lost a game in the snow to a QB who attempted 3 passes. People seem more interested in this strange weather 'revenge' than winning the game. 

You misspelled "50 mph winds"

There was a little snow pre-game, but snow wasn't a factor in that game. The wind was.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly. This is a good weather team! I read those “bring on the snow/wind/cold” comments and wonder what Bills era people are living in. Cookie Gilchrist rumbling for 5

yards a pop? Joe Ferguson throwing for 70 yards per game? Ground Chuck (Knox)?  We are a speed and big play offense (and defense), built for fair weather. Bad weather (not cold, but wind/precip) is the great equalizer. It’s how we lose to the Pats at home in gale force winds and then utterly destroy them 3 times in a row in neutral weather. Or how the Jets stay close in a constant cold rain. 
Rule: the better team always prefers to eliminate outside factors (weather is the big one) that don’t let it’s natural talent advantage show. The weaker team always wants some extraneous factor to act as an equalizer. 

Yes. Most weeks. But we are playing Miami. Who is more pass centric / big play than Miami this year? And I'll take JA holding up in bad weather over Tua every time.

NOAA Buffalo stating that as of now it appears conditions are lining up for another heavy lake snow event Saturday-early Monday with the focus 250-260 degrees off Lake Erie, which would put it over Metro Buffalo and the immediate Southtowns(including OP). FYI, 250 degrees is the longest fetch possible on Lake Erie and gives a direct hit on the Buffalo Metro Area.

33 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Doesn't look like a major show event at this point, but in addition to a few inches of snow, it does look windy - again.

That's incorrect. You cannot look at any nationally based weather for that. Weather Channel, AccuWeather, etc.  It is highly inaccurate with LES snow. They only deal with mesoscale events not microscale. 

NOAA Buffalo/NWS Buffalo should be the source for LES events.

Edited by Big Turk

57 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Doesn't look like a major show event at this point, but in addition to a few inches of snow, it does look windy - again.

I normally wouldn’t root for wind, but against Tua, the wind would absolutely render him useless. I think the Bills would have a big advantage over Miami if it’s windy. I trust Josh’s arm in the wind to be effective far more than I’d fear Tua doing damage. 

15 hours ago, Billznut said:

I normally wouldn’t root for wind, but against Tua, the wind would absolutely render him useless. I think the Bills would have a big advantage over Miami if it’s windy. I trust Josh’s arm in the wind to be effective far more than I’d fear Tua doing damage. 

I normally don’t argue that wind helps us, but against the Dolphins, I think it actually hurts their offense more than ours.  If both teams are forced to run the ball more, I think the evidence is starting to show that Beane/McDermott have revamped this team to better handle the elements this year versus last.  Our run defense is vastly improved, and on offense, I’ll take the added threat of Josh running over Tua any day of the week.  In addition, our key players are just more experienced playing in this type of weather, at this point.  AND, the 12th man will be rocking on Saturday night! 

22 hours ago, Big Turk said:

NOAA Buffalo stating that as of now it appears conditions are lining up for another heavy lake snow event Saturday-early Monday with the focus 250-260 degrees off Lake Erie, which would put it over Metro Buffalo and the immediate Southtowns(including OP). FYI, 250 degrees is the longest fetch possible on Lake Erie and gives a direct hit on the Buffalo Metro Area.

That's incorrect. You cannot look at any nationally based weather for that. Weather Channel, AccuWeather, etc.  It is highly inaccurate with LES snow. They only deal with mesoscale events not microscale. 

NOAA Buffalo/NWS Buffalo should be the source for LES events.

It's true, national sources can sometimes miss lake effect events.  I did check the NWS Buffalo web site.  They aren't being very specific yet about lake effect this weekend beyond saying the potential exists for a significant event.  They're saying they can't pin down locations and timing yet.

On 12/12/2022 at 3:11 PM, Process said:

chargers traveling to Buffalo is huge for us 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.