Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

By the end of today, I expect the TBD Medical Team, TBD General Manager Team and TBD Football Analyst Team to report on the following:

1.  Why was this tear not seen earlier?

2.  How long will Von Miller be out?

3.  What does this mean for the Bills' chances to land OBJ?

4.  How will this affect next year's draft/free agency/trades?

5.  What does this do to our Super Bowl chances?

6.  When was the last time Bruce Nolan banged EJ Manuel's mom?

Don't let me down.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, balln said:

No chance. Their D is def worse. No Jerry / Von , no Hyde 

tre hobbled and won’t make an impact 

shaq is a  fringe roster maker/JAG

Defense is most definitely not worse than last year.  Added Phillips, Settle, Jones, white is back, elam added, improvements from edmunds

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

This hurts most because a 33 year old player was our only “twitchy” edge rusher. We have no one else on that DL who rushes with pure speed and bend. Like Dawkins said, “Jerry Hughes was a great player to go against, but Von Miller is like Jerry x4.” They’ll have to blitz more off the edge because Rousseau is the only one left who gets back there.

Speaking of Jerry....

Are there still rumors of his release?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I just want to know how we went from he’ll be back in a month playing with a brace to season ending ACL surgery. How did they get that so wrong?

You cant always see this stuff in imaging.  Same reason they wait for swelling to go down before doing the imaging.  They didnt see it.  Then he had exploratory surgery to repair the meniscus that they did see in imaging.  While doing that surgery they seen the torn ACL.

6 minutes ago, hemma said:

His first acl was on 12/22/2013.

He played every game in 2014 and ended with 14 sacks.

he is not necessarily ‘done’.

As mentioned earlier, that was many moons, and many thousands of plays ago. 

3 minutes ago, Process said:

What incentive does Von have to settle out of a $120M contract?

Well, really has $40 million left if I remember correctly. Last 3 years was to spread the cap hit out. 

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Contract? will be null and voided if this is a career ender and a settlement will be made to let go of von. Paying Von that much to sit out the rest of this year and most of next year? nope. i dont see it happening

Why do you keep calling it a career ender?  You have no clue, man.  Also, why the hell would Von accept an injury settlement?  Guy negotiated three years of guaranteed $$$, for a situation just like this.  He'll rehab and return in mid-to-late 2023.  The only real question we should be asking ourselves is how much will he have left in the tank when he's back on the field?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.