Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

Just now, Shake_My_Head said:

Not only does it hurt this year but we lose him for two-thirds of 2023 as well.    

Have to see what Beane does in the offseason (draft/FA) to minimize the loss of Von for 2023. It definitely hurts for the playoffs. We made it to the AFCCG without him so this team can still achieve its goal. I want that #1 seed now. Without Von we can use all the help and homefield helps.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

We'll be fine this year. Still favorites to win the Superbowl that won't change .

The contract is what sucks....

Contract? will be null and voided if this is a career ender and a settlement will be made to let go of von. Paying Von that much to sit out the rest of this year and most of next year? nope. i dont see it happening

For the doomers... this is why you try to build teams without trading away a ton of draft picks.  

While this is incredibly frustrating, this why we're not screwed moving forward in paying a huge chunk of cap space to a major piece that won't be back until potentially Christmas of next year. 

DL is loaded with high round talent and we have all our main picks next year to infuse young talent onto a roster with limited cap space. 

• Like (+1) 2

OMG I'm at work otherwise I would be yelling obscenities at the clouds right now! How can we have this bad luck all season with injuries?? 2 Seasons in a row we lose a major player on defense! Imagine if we had Trey White last year vs KC? Do we finally get over the hump and win the SB? and now this.

I know we can get over this and win without Miller but WTF this is so karmically unfair!!

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Contract? will be null and voided if this is a career ender and a settlement will be made to let go of von. Paying Von that much to sit out the rest of this year and most of next year? nope. i dont see it happening

We’re gonna have to wait to see what happens on that. I’m just bummed for this season.

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

This team is still better than last year’s when 13 seconds prevented a likely Super Bowl appearance and win. 
not deterred. We have Joan Allen. 

No chance. Their D is def worse. No Jerry / Von , no Hyde 

tre hobbled and won’t make an impact 

shaq is a  fringe roster maker/JAG

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

What incentive does Von have to settle out of a $120M contract?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This hurts most because a 33 year old player was our only “twitchy” edge rusher. We have no one else on that DL who rushes with pure speed and bend. Like Dawkins said, “Jerry Hughes was a great player to go against, but Von Miller is like Jerry x4.” They’ll have to blitz more off the edge because Rousseau is the only one left who gets back there.

• Agree 1

When we had all these injuries on defense this year I would constantly think to myself “Von is the guy we can always depend on to stay healthy. He’s a true pro and knows how to take care of his body”.  And then, With one mis-step, he is done.  Just like that.  I hate ACL injuries.  And what makes this even worse is knowing Von had been making the game changing plays we brought him here to make. This would be a LOT easier to digest if he was underperforming 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.