Will Bills Make it to Detriot Rested for the Game?

Rich Stadium Original

4 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

Why in the world they did not leave earlier? They could have had an easier trip and even possibly had a practice. 

Wouldn’t Detroit still be using the facility?

That would be my guess as they play the giants in New York but don’t fly out until Saturday.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Scheduled to depart from Buffalo Airport at 3:30

Says Buffalo Airport re-opened a couple hours ago

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/buffalo-airport-reopens-runways/article_0c762284-6816-11ed-abcc-db0aebb72ba4.html

3:30 pm should be 20:30 UTC

Text:KBUF 191523Z 1915/2012 21019G27KT P6SM -SN OVC030

Forecast period:1500 UTC 19 November 2022 to 0200 UTC 20 November 2022

Forecast type:FROM: standard forecast or significant change

Winds:from the SSW (210 degrees) at 22 MPH (19 knots; 9.8 m/s) gusting to 31 MPH (27 knots; 13.9 m/s)

Visibility:6 or more sm (10+ km)

Ceiling:3000 feet AGL

Clouds:overcast cloud deck at 3000 feet AGL

Weather:-SN (light snow)

Sounds flyable as long as the crew is in town and rested and the plane is available

4 hours ago, nucci said:

why would they not be rested?

You think shoveling/snow blowing 5-6+ feet of snow is easy? It's a crazy workout involving muscles you rarely use and in general using muscles in ways they haven't been trained to work repeatedly.

Edited by Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You think shoveling/snow blowing 5-6+ feet of snow is easy? It's a crazy workout involving muscles you rarely use and in general using muscles in ways they haven't been trained to work repeatedly.

As someone who grew up and spent the first nearly 30 years of my life in Buffalo, and who has SHOVELED TONS of snow (never had a snowblower at OUR house, and never paid anyone to plow either!)...

...I hope to GOD YOU ARE F-ING JOKING.

GET A GRIP MAN.

You think these prima Donnas are going to shovel 5 feet?

They are probably being picked up by private car if driving is possible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

Single dumbest part of all of this was to not move the team to a hotel up north on Friday. Could have flown out of Rochester.  Just mind numbing in its lack of foresight 

it’s less than 30 minutes 

It’s a little over an hour to Detroit. Won’t be able to get to altitude and back down in 30 minutes. Hell, shooting an approach from vectors takes 20 minutes from the first turn to landing roll.

Edited by JDubya76
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

As someone who grew up and spent the first nearly 30 years of my life in Buffalo, and who has SHOVELED TONS of snow (never had a snowblower at OUR house, and never paid anyone to plow either!)...

GET A GRIP MAN.

We've seen the tweets and IG posts, fans/neighbors in Buffalo are digging them out.  

Just now, Gugny said:

Is Quiet Detriot playing at halftime?

Going old school, local high school marching band. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

People will find literally anything to complain about and to criticize the team. Just amazing the level of dedication this fanbase has.

Buffalo fans. Legends of our own making. Nevertheless this team has not looked good recently and preseason expectations have not materialized.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Wasn't up to them to make the call. The NFL had to do it.

do we believe that if the local team stressed the situation and a desire to move the game with a need to get out before the storm that the league would give a firm no until just after the airport closes, leaving them hunkered down the rest of the week? 

I suspect the team had a wait and see approach pointing at the Saturday window to bail. I could be proven wrong and the league refused to hear their arguments. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Wouldn’t Detroit still be using the facility?

That would be my guess as they play the giants in New York but don’t fly out until Saturday.

real talk: move into the visitors locker room, and practice on a different schedule. It’s not like the lions are overwhelmingly using the space day to day 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

GET A GRIP MAN.

Not enough time to necessarily wait for someone to come bail you out. In normal circumstances yes but this is a pressing time issue and there are only but so many hours in a day.

And FYI, you never had 5-6 feet of snow no matter how you want to claim you remember it. The only occurences of that have been in the last 8 years.

In Snowvember I 8 years ago I literally came in after the second day out there and sat downs ND didn't move for hours I was so drained. 

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.