Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

The problem is that those risky throws into tight coverage were working early in the season. Defenses got it all on film and now they are jumping routes. The Bills need to adjust.

They work when you're consistently setting them up with shallower route combinations.

That has mostly gone out the window.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I was there too, everyone wanted to go for it and it was the right decision as it puts you up 3 scores, going up from 10 points to 13 points doesn't do a damn thing for you.

I''ll throw some gas on the fire with this comment:

The same people on this board who are saying go for the FG are likely the same fans who whine and cry that we don't (or didn't in years' past) step on the other team's throat to take the game away from them. That really is what this decision comes down to. Game is over with a TD there. Great teams do this

This is a very valid take. I KNEW why McDermott was going for the TD. He has confidence in bis team and he showed it.  Step on their throats .  I had both thoughts simultaneously first was take the field goal...2nd was GO For It. We all just have to hope whatever decision occurs works in the Bills favor. I did not expect the Bills would lose the lead as happened

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Thank you Simon.  This is exactly what is going on and it is beyond frustrating 

It's f'ing maddening.

All we needed was a more traditional offense to consistently compliment a potentially great defense and instead we got a coked-up coordinator with zero self-restraint who thinks he's more important to the offense's success than the personnel on the field.

If Buddy Ryan was still alive, I'd shove him into Dorsey's box, lock the door and let the fists fall where they may.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

He wants to score on every play and his OC is not only doing nothing to reign it in, he's actively exacerbating the problem.

You've got two guys in concert trying to go full hero ball and it's leading to game-losing turnovers.

McDermott needs to have an honest talk with Josh and then ride Dorsey into a chicken wing until he knocks it the hell off.

He's also incredibly emotional.  They talk about not "riding the rollercoaster" but Josh clearly does.

The postgame press conferences yesterday were a great example.  Listening to Von and Diggs you almost wouldn't have known if they won or lost.  Von had a particularly good comment saying- "I won't let a team beat me twice", referring to not letting this loss linger.  They exude confidence and positive energy- win or lose- and I think that carries over to in-game situations and consistent play.

Josh on the other hand is despondent after losses.  And I think you see that emotional ride within games as well- the Josh Allen experience- and it leads uneven play.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

He's also incredibly emotional.  They talk about not "riding the rollercoaster" but Josh clearly does.

The postgame press conferences yesterday were a great example.  Listening to Von and Diggs you almost wouldn't have known if they won or lost.  Von had a particularly good comment saying- "I won't let a team beat me twice", referring to not letting this loss linger.  They exude confidence and positive energy- win or lose- and I think that carries over to in-game situations and consistent play.

Josh on the other hand is despondent after losses.  And I think you see that emotional ride within games as well- the Josh Allen experience- and it leads uneven play.  

I said something yesterday about how Allen ought to be listening to Sinatra at halftime too. 🤷‍♂️

Passion is great at most positions, but at QB being dispassionate is equally as important, imo.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Does this incredible emotion just get turned off for the playoffs or something?

48 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

I hate that we lost as much as the next person.  I will add two thoughts.

1) John Warrow looks like the conspiracy theorist from every movie.  The zoom calls during the pandemic were my favorite.  He looked like he just rolled out of bed.  Literally he was wearing a robe in one of them.  Also I have never heard a reporter struggle as much as he does to formulate a question.  He just starts rambling and then hopes at then end by voice fluctuation it becomes a question.  Like Ron Burgandy reading off the teleprompter with a question mark.  If anyone has an in with Bills front office it is definitely not this guy.

2) Teams lose.  It isn't the end of the world.  Good QB's throw picks it happens.  It sucks but I am hardly freaking out over this.  For every Tom Brady come from behind win he had what seemed like 1 dropped interception throw that could have easily made him less of a GOAT.  Sometimes you get the breaks.  This last game yea I think Josh was forcing it on the last drive when he still had time.  So there is definitely something for him to take from this loss and improve on.  I believe it is down/distance/clock management.  But just like in every situation you can take good and bad.  At the end of the game with 41 seconds he took us down the field to get into field goal range.  Quite frankly his throw to Gabe Davis on that last drive in the 41 seconds should have been a TD if not for the defensive PI.  If the defender didn't hold on that play and Gabe Davis scores everyone here would be talking about how amazing of a QB we have.  I guess my point is this game didn't change how I feel about this team or JA.  I am looking forward to Cleveland and Lions.  Getting back on track and seeing how this bipolar message board responds.

#1 is absolutely true. He had what looked like a bathrobe on.  McDermott said he looked like Sherlock Holmes.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

People are so into their feelings right now....I get it I am upset to

I just say go back and watch the game again......Josh WAS using short throws to go down the field so he knows what is working and then for some reason throws it right to the underneath coverage right before the are about to score

I dont know what that is happening.....but Josh is not playing hero ball the majority of the time.  Unfortanately when he did take the risk it didnt work for him

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

The things that we love about Josh are also the things that lead to his downfall.

He literally plays like a fan out there. For better for worse he’s one of us.

Josh right now reminds me a lot of Favre - when he's good, he's really good. Unfortunately, we're gonna get some of the bad along the way leading to too many interceptions and turnovers.

• Agree 2

Just now, dave mcbride said:

His arm is totally fine.

Either that or they were pumping Toradol into him pregame.

He ripped off at least 2-3 sidearm throws that he could not have managed with that nerve irritated.

37 minutes ago, Simon said:

He wants to score on every play and his OC is not only doing nothing to reign it in, he's actively exacerbating the problem.

You've got two guys in concert trying to go full hero ball and it's leading to game-losing turnovers.

McDermott needs to have an honest talk with Josh and then ride Dorsey into a chicken wing until he knocks it the hell off.

Thank you. Im glad I am not the only one who sees this.  I've said something similar in other threads.  Dorsey is not helping Josh, he is actually fostering the aggresiveness when its not needed.  Dorsey is just as aggressive in his mindset.  Also whats with abandoning the run game that is working? Why did the team try twice to get a pass catching back and barely utilize either one of them?  Why was TE a priority in the off season and doesnt seem to be a utilized position either?  Knox  made a ton of plays last year and he has only made like 3 plays in 8 games this season.  This is all on offensive coaching.  Its bad.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I was there too, everyone wanted to go for it and it was the right decision as it puts you up 3 scores, going up from 10 points to 13 points doesn't do a damn thing for you.

I''ll throw some gas on the fire with this comment:

The same people on this board who are saying go for the FG are likely the same fans who whine and cry that we don't (or didn't in years' past) step on the other team's throat to take the game away from them. That really is what this decision comes down to. Game is over with a TD there. Great teams do this

Doesn’t do a damn thing for you.?

hey, I know hindsight is 50/50 (as Hank Bullough once said)

But if Bills had taken the FG, the drive after the end zone fumble would have been for the game winning, not game tying FG. 

You kind of have to figure Josh is only going to be better when he’s older and he mentally settles in to the crafty veteran QB mode. Like maturity will really help him turn into an incredibly elite player. You don’t want to coach that playmaker out of him but you can see it in his eyes sometimes. You have to save him from himself unfortunately. Over time I feel like that will calm itself