Allen ignoring defenders last few weeks.

Yep.

The saddest part is seeing him regress so quickly too. 3 points all half until the final 40 second drive (after another turnover gives them a lead), only 3 points from Josh & the offense off turnovers (compared to the Vikings who scored every time), a redzone INT, and now an overtime INT to lose the game.

This is 3 straight weeks with 2 x INT's, bad ones at that. He's rarely taking what the defense gives him, and consistently throwing dangerous passes into double/triple coverage. It's so sad to watch.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Been discussed but most people seem to attack anyone that brings it up but Allen has been horrible at reading defenses. He's not seeing defenders that aren't exactly hidden or disguised. These are rookie level mistakes. 

It's a very concerning trend, since the bye week, everything changed 

8 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Been discussed but most people seem to attack anyone that brings it up but Allen has been horrible at reading defenses. He's not seeing defenders that aren't exactly hidden or disguised. These are rookie level mistakes. 

He is trying to be too aggressive at the wrong time.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Exactly what I said...he could have ran his way into the endzone for us.

And even if he didn't he could have dumped it down to Singletary for an easy 8 yards if not a first down...would have made it 3rd and 2.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

That throw was unforgivable and Josh is trying to do too much. Just take what the defense is giving you. These offensive coaches have to protect this guy from low percentage throws. The idea is to protect the FG when you’re on the 20 with makeable  throws and QB runs. Two weeks, 4 red zone picks. Very concerning, especially with our inept secondary.

Just now, Eastport bills said:

That throw was unforgivable and Josh is trying to do too much. Just take what the defense is giving you. These offensive coaches have to protect this guy from low percentage throws. The idea is to protect the FG when you’re on the 20 with makeable  throws and QB runs. Two weeks, 4 red zone picks. Very concerning, especially with our inept secondary.

He just can't make that throw in that situation. Just cannot. It's inexcusable for any QB let alone a guy who was playing at an MVP level.

Just now, Eastport bills said:

Daboll did a great job working with Allen on this between his 2nd and 3rd seasons.  Not sure what the hell the coaching staff has been doing the last few weeks to help him, but my guess is nothing.

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

I really think all the MVP talk has gotten to him. He thinks he has to do this stuff to justify his new position as "the best QB in the league".

Earlier in the year an announcer said he was looking like Tom Brady with the smart throws, but he's gone back to Favre

Josh is certainly talented enough. But I agree. He’s just trying too hard to be a super star rather than just be the guy that made him a super star. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

He just can't make that throw in that situation. Just cannot. It's inexcusable for any QB let alone a guy who was playing at an MVP level.

You don’t want to limit his aggression but he’s making bad decisions and with a game that is guaranteed to be a tie worst case, he’s throwing it right to the defense. The young secondary is being exposed now and we need some veteran leadership at corner. Look for a lot of these games to be shootouts.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Interestingly it looks Davis is going to be open if he flattens his route instead of angling towards the endzone. I still don't like the decision to force the throw into traffic though.

Its a terrible decision ... someone called it heroball and its hard to argue...

Look,, its hard to be too critical because the throw to Knox the pass before was right on the money.. they catch that and its a walk off...

He just needs a bit more patience though..  I would have thought he should have learnt that by now..

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Daboll did a great job working with Allen on this between his 2nd and 3rd seasons.  Not sure what the hell the coaching staff has been doing the last few weeks to help him, but my guess is nothing.

Seems like they think he’s capable of doing anything he wants and getting away with it. Even those great runs in overtime, he was carrying that ball like a loaf of bread. Ball security is everything at the end of games.

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

Seems like they think he’s capable of doing anything he wants and getting away with it. Even those great runs in overtime, he was carrying that ball like a loaf of bread. Ball security is everything at the end of games.

That's just how Josh carries the ball.  It scares me to death, too, but he seems to be able to get away with it most of the time.

3 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

During his last two seasons under Daboll, Allen had the lowest number of red zone turnovers in the league.

Under Dorsey, he's been terrible.  It's been a problem for weeks, why isn't the coaching staff addressing it?  Sit him down and fix the problems like Daboll did.

Edited by Perry Turtle

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Its a terrible decision ... someone called it heroball and its hard to argue...

Look,, its hard to be too critical because the throw to Knox the pass before was right on the money.. they catch that and its a walk off...

He just needs a bit more patience though..  I would have thought he should have learnt that by now..

That’s exactly what it is. The entire first half just felt like 

1st down- hero ball

2nd down- throw behind the line of scrimmage

3rd down-hero ball

4th down- punt

“oh crap, gotta make up for 3 and out on the next series” 

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Yeah I noticed that too… with the running the ball…

You gotta have a bit more conservative mind set when the game is on the line…

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

Coaches are ruining him

They are also running him into the ground

Josh needs a staff that knows how to handle a franchise QB

McD does not

Lmao they have to run Josh MORE in the redzone until he proves he won’t put it in a defenders chest.

Every single thing about this team and it’s goals is based on Allen being an elite QB. If this guy takes a step back it’s going to change things around here permanently. You can fix a physical injury. Once the head goes for a QB, it’s not going to fix itself. We might be in serious trouble. And this defense sucks. I’m tired of seeing the stats saying we are better then we are on defense. When we need a play or a stop, it doesn’t happen. I hate the play calling on both sides of the field.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's just how Josh carries the ball.  It scares me to death, too, but he seems to be able to get away with it most of the time.

I love the guy, but these games that are closer than they should be, he’s bouncing off tacklers and a fumble potentially loses it. If the offensive coaches can get him to value the ball, we can be a lot to handle. Picks in the red zone are destructive.

8 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

During his last two seasons under Daboll, Allen had the lowest number of red zone turnovers in the league.

Under Dorsey, he's been terrible.  It's been a problem for weeks, why isn't the coaching staff addressing it?  Sit him down and fix the problems like Daboll did.

Maybe now after 2 bad losses, they’ll realize it’s a problem.

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The DB had clear leverage. It never ever should have been thrown.

ball was behind  the WR  ..... I think if the ballis on time and in the right spot it's first and goal at min ....if you call leverage trailin and behind the WR by a yard then so be it but I don't

Just now, FireChans said:

The staff isn’t telling him to throw the ball into defenders’ numbers 

It's them putting it all on him and letting him be Superman when he needs support and to be coached instead of left to do it all on his own

The way they handle him and the offense has screwed him up

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.