NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol so a sky is falling/this team might miss the playoffs midseason rant is validated by any result that’s not a Super Bowl win?  That’s a bit outrageous imo 

No, a this team is cursed rant is backed up by the way it ended last year.  Fast forward to this year without Daboll and it looks like this offense needs training wheels in the redzone.

3 weeks in a row we are running Singletary and scoring.  2nd half we stop running and we throw and throw and turn the ball over.  Not saying Singletary is the answer, run Cook I don't care but stop throwing the ball 90 percent of the time.  Especially with a lead.  We don't know how to close out games or get short yardage at key times because we just don't run the ball enough to be any good at it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yes….the original post blamed josh for the fumble though now were on a tangent you can blame him for plenty but the fumble I would not put on him 

I blame Dorsey for the playcall...there wasn't enough room to guarantee that you wouldn't get a safety.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

That's fair. And when the run game is working, which it has been in the past few games, why abandon it?

Because teams are stopping it in the 2nd half. It's like after halftime the Bills have no answers on either side of the ball anymore when they were amazing at making adjustments the last few years.

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Jamming all 22 guts in one spot and trying to run into that is not a good idea.

At least spread the D out a bit

I honestly thought about shot gun. I get usually you can't afford a holding penalty in the end zone but a safety doesn't kill you in that situation and you can at least burn clock with a minimum of 3 passing plays and a punt.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

When I saw that we lined up to do a QB sneak out of our end zone, I knew bad things were gonna happen before the play was snapped. And it did. I was calling for shot gun formation.

You could see pre-snap that nothing good was going to come from that play. 

Shotgun and try to pass your way out of it was the move.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

This coaching staff is mediocre. We needed to kick the FG take the 30 - 17 lead and play D.  

Josh has regressed. IDK why but my guess is Dorsey.  He’s visibly not the same QB. Josh has a tendency to get wound too tight, & Dorsey’s personality just feeds that frenzy.

How many of these types of games have we had under McD.  Nice guy but….

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 1

Daboll was huge in keeping Allen level headed.

He's doing the same in NJ with Jones now. 

Dorsey seems every bit the smash your head into that wall until the wall breaks type, which is not a great fit with Allen, who needs a calming effect 

100 percent right on

I still can't get pass 39 Lewis not spiking the ball on on 4 and 18 not stopping 4 & 5 . Benfords pi on 2 & 22, d not stopping 3 & 4th & forever all day and Darsey not knowing how to coach in close games and in the red zone and Allen & Singletary not taking care of the ball.  

2&2 at the 5 yard line and not going goal line and pound it in on 3 plays in a row if need be 

Buffalo beat themselves once again this should've been a bills blow out 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I blame Dorsey for the playcall...there wasn't enough room to guarantee that you wouldn't get a safety.

Safety is ok there, that is the point. It is a safe play whether you make it or not. He he throws a another INtvthere you all would be yelling why are they throwing and JA probably does throw the pick.

Dorsey seems every bit the smash your head into that wall until the wall breaks type, which is not a great fit with Allen, who needs a calming effect 

Then what's Brady doing? He still has Palmer as well.

All that BS, all week long playing a shell game with Allen might have been better spent coming up with a competent gameplan. The Josh will figure it out as he goes gameplan is faltering. For anyone that thinks the game would have been close without Josh playing at absolutely kidding themselves. Keenum is garbage.

Agreed, the Daboll departure is showing up.  We'll get through it though.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

You think Dorsey is calling these interceptions?  Almost all are ill-advised passes.

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

That's fair. And when the run game is working, which it has been in the past few games, why abandon it?

It's like, welp, we had a run for a loss in the second half, I guess we don't need to run the ball at all the rest because it clearly isn't working. 

A bunch of really stupid plays cost us, that really make you wonder the intelligence of the players and coaches.

On 4th down in the 4th, kick a FG. I would go for it normally but Josh isn't 100% so why put the game in his hands?? Stupid

All that Bills player had to do on the 4th down and long on the last Vikings drive in the 4th was knock the ball down. Its game over.  He goes for the pick and then gets outfought for the ball.  Stupid. Knock it down!!

All Josh has to do is get a snap to end the game instead Josh chokes like he did exactly in the Titans game. Instead of going with that call why not shotgun and throw a short pass? Nope better just drop the ball and GIFT the opposition a TD. Why not run around and kill some clock before you throw it away. Maybe you do a sneak if josh is 100% but not today if he is hurt.... STUPID

In OT, Cousins throws a backwards pass which Cook realizes late is an actual lateral. He takes a while to fall on it. Meanwhile Milano (the one guy you would think would know to go after that ball) has a delayed reaction instead of blowing Cook up and getting a fumble recovery. Stupid!!

At the end of OT, Josh tries to force a pass that he is locking in on his receiver and underthrows it. His instruction should have been do not force anything. At least get a tie not an INT . Once again in the red zone Dorsey calls something stupid

I'm so frustrated but its deja vu with this team!! always find a way to blow it in the most excruciating way. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, daz28 said:

You think Dorsey is calling these interceptions?  Almost all are ill-advised passes.

Then why is Josh throwing? Why is Dorsey not drawing up run plays?

One key question from following the thread, especially off the rejected FG - is Josh now ignoring the coaches/coordinators to do his own thing?

1 minute ago, PayDaBill$ said:

This coaching staff is mediocre. We needed to kick the FG take the 30 - 17 lead and play D.  

Josh has regressed. IDK why buy my guess is Dorsey.  He’s visibly not the same QB.

How many of these types of games have we had under McD.  Nice guy but….

No team has had this many absurd losses in recent memory. 

Hail Murray, 13 seconds and now this epic disaster. 

This isn’t normal. 

30 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

How do you blow a center exchange? How? 

Same way you blow 13 Seconds.  It is endemic to the Bills DNA.  Lets call it right here, right now.  Nobody finds more gut ripping ways to lose than the Bills.  Just that miracle catch by Jefferson on 4th and 18.  This team will manufacture and devise new ways to rip the guts out of their fans like NOBODY!  Ask Morse how you screw that up.

Edited by Reverse Meathead
  • Vomit 1

Team flat out sucks right now. Coaching too. Until they start getting out of their own way, they are going nowhere. Self inflicted wounds are all too common with this group. That game shouldn’t have even been close. Game plan in the first half with short passes and taking what’s there was great. Second half was hero ball Josh and a complete collapse. Which is becoming a routine. How many stupid F’n picks is Josh going to throw this year in scoring position? Complete disgrace today. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.