Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If the Bills look ok running the ball tomorrow I think Beane leaves this alone.

But if the Bills practically have Allen as a one man offense again and then a bye week. Wouldn’t shock me if Beane doesn’t pickup the phone as it would cost next to nothing to have him on the roster till the end of the year.

Between the different reports earlier this week and the report released today, it's pretty clear he already picked up the phone.

The problem is not what it would cost us cap wise this season. The problem is what Carolina is asking in compensation and what it would cost us beyond this season if we wanted to keep him.

Given his injury history and lack of reliability, we'd only be interested in him for this season to try and get over the hump, if he can stay healthy (and that's a BIG if). If they're looking for "significant compensation" - it doesn't make sense for us and won't get done.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

While the Panthers did receive many calls, sources say the team won't hold a fire sale. With a talented roster that still needs a quarterback for the future, Carolina won't be dumping its talented players for several reasons -- with one being it would like to attract a top-notch coach with its talent.

Star running back Christian McCaffrey is receiving the most significant interest from teams, sources say. And while Carolina isn't shopping McCaffrey -- far from it -- the team would listen, as general manager Scott Fitterer has promised would be the case for every deal.

Only an overwhelming return would cause the Panthers to deal one of the faces of their franchise, sources say. Opposing teams wonder if a trade really would get done, but at least there will be talks. Teams are expected to try to trade for McCaffrey.

It feels like the Panthers are intentionally letting teams know they would love to trade McCaffrey for the right price. Schefter and Rapaport don't report anything that doesn't come right from the team or the agent. Suuuure they aren't shopping McCaffrey. But also they're taking calls about him.

3 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Wow and he gets paid to put this obvious statement out there. Newsflash....ALL teams pick

up the phone and listen to potential offers that could benefit the team. Ohh but deals might not be easy to complete. Just to make that clear. Ohh and both sides need to agree. 

He gets paid to be a mouthpiece for teams and agents. The Panthers are making it known that Robby Anderson and Christian McCaffrey are available, while others like Brian Burns and Derrick Brown and DJ Moore aren't. If Beane is willing to put all his chips in, McCaffrey is ours. Given how last season ended after he failed to close the deal on Von Miller I think he might be a little less cautious this time around and more willing to make the deal that could put us over the top.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Between the different reports earlier this week and the report released today, it's pretty clear he already picked up the phone.

The problem is not what it would cost us cap wise this season. The problem is what Carolina is asking in compensation and what it would cost us beyond this season if we wanted to keep him.

Given his injury history and lack of reliability, we'd only be interested in him for this season to try and get over the hump, if he can stay healthy (and that's a BIG if). If they're looking for "significant compensation" - it doesn't make sense for us and won't get done.

As long as I don’t see him in a Chiefs uniform as this is exactly the kind of move Andy Reid would make. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It feels like the Panthers are intentionally letting teams know they would love to trade McCaffrey for the right price. Schefter and Rapaport don't report anything that doesn't come right from the team or the agent. Suuuure they aren't shopping McCaffrey. But also they're taking calls about him.

He gets paid to be a mouthpiece for teams and agents. The Panthers are making it known that Robby Anderson and Christian McCaffrey are available, while others like Brian Burns and Derrick Brown and DJ Moore aren't. If Beane is willing to put all his chips in, McCaffrey is ours. Given how last season ended after he failed to close the deal on Von Miller I think he might be a little less cautious this time around and more willing to make the deal that could put us over the top.

I don’t think beane is going to overpay it’s that simple. He didn’t do it for von and don’t see him doing it for cmc. If we can get him for a reasonable price it might happen. Gotta remember Dan Morgan is in that front office now. Do you also run the risk of the chiefs getting him? The game tomorrow might give a big answer to both sides 

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

100% CMC is completely unnecessary for this team.

“Unnecessary” isn’t the right word. They do need help with the running game, both at RB and OL, but not for this asking price and not at this (injury) risk. 100% CMC is completely unrealistic for this team.

Edited by Airseven

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I think it may be the Dolphins, Tampa Bay. Patriots have 4 RBs already with Stevenson, Damien Harris, Strong, Kevin Harris. 

Was thinking dolphins as a possibility too. Tampa bay if they wanna go all in with Brady’s last year. Do you run the risk of those teams getting him if you’re beane? 

11 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Why the Chiefs or Ravens? Neither can afford him and neither needs help on the offensive side of the ball 

For this year, there isn't a team in the NFL who cannot afford him.

Going forward, none of his salaries are guaranteed, so he could be easily cut.

Biggest issue is what the Panthers would want for him in a trade, and I doubt it's peanuts.

• Steel City Mafia changed the title to CMC rumors! -Albright “Bills Primary Suitor”

I would not give up more than a 4th for a one year rental.  Not to mention you’re taking away from the development of James Cook.  I’m okay with a CMC trade, but not if the cost is what I think it likely is.  Beane will do the right thing.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Steel City Mafia changed the title to CMC rumors! -Albright “Bills Primary Suitor” and Made offer that was turned down
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.