NFL "Around the League" Gameday thread

TBBills

All in good fun, but there's been a small faction on here, including myself, that have been saying that GB is going to put up a miserable year. These takes have been met by a similarly small but ardent faction that tend to think that Rodgers and Green Bay are untouchable shoe-ins for the playoffs. Well, advantage for team Green Bay sucks after week 1. And it's not surprising - who the hell is Rodgers going to throw to this year? I sincerely think they're going to win less than 6 games.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

All in good fun, but there's been a small faction on here, including myself, that have been saying that GB is going to put up a miserable year. These takes have been met by a similarly small but ardent faction that tend to think that Rodgers and Green Bay are untouchable shoe-ins for the playoffs. Well, advantage for team Green Bay sucks after week 1. And it's not surprising - who the hell is Rodgers going to throw to this year? I sincerely think they're going to win less than 6 games.

I'm definitely team Rodgers unapologetically, I will remind you Rodgers threw like 5 picks in a losing effort in week 1 last year. 

Not saying you're wrong, just don't start the victory lap yet, it's only week 1, you may have to walk it back.

6 hours ago, zow2 said:

Yes, i’ll let the rest of TBD talk about how they can’t wait to make Mahomes cry like a little wuss in the playoffs. I will continue to be terrified of him and the Chiefs and pray we can avoid them for this one playoffs season. 

I am glad Josh is our QB. He seems to be taking it to another level, but Mahomes is a definite threat. His performance today was probably a little better than Josh’ performance Thursday.

I still think the AFC West will beat itself up giving us a nice path to home field. It was helpful that Tennessee, and Cindy lost and Indy ended up with a tie.

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I'm definitely team Rodgers unapologetically, I will remind you Rodgers threw like 5 picks in a losing effort in week 1 last year. 

Not saying you're wrong, just don't start the victory lap yet, it's only week 1, you may have to walk it back.

Fair enough, and I'm sure like anything with two extremes it will land right in the middle, with GB fighting but barely missing the playoffs. I just definitely don't think they're an NFC top-3, and I cannot fathom what that front office is doing. It's as if they're trolling Rodgers at this point with that offense.

2 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I remember that. Week one is training camp on steroids.

Example: for the Bills this year, the first half v. the Rams was training camp. The 2cd half was regular season.

7 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Fair enough, and I'm sure like anything with two extremes it will land right in the middle, with GB fighting but barely missing the playoffs. I just definitely don't think they're an NFC top-3, and I cannot fathom what that front office is doing. It's as if they're trolling Rodgers at this point with that offense.

Rodgers was foolish to take the deal he took, put the FO in a position where they had no capital to put a team around him. 

I also don't think they are top 3, probably a playoff team though.

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Until the Bills break thru over KC I’d go the following after week one thus far.

1. KC

2. BUFFALO

3. MINN

4. LAC

We beat them twice last year.  Thirteen seconds was coaching malpractice.

I'd go:

1.)  Bills

2.)  Chiefs

3.)  Chargers

4.)  Ravens

• Like (+1) 1

I'm sure some of you caught the end of the CLE @ CAR game.  What I am trying to understand is why the no call on intentional grounding on the second to last play.  If you watch the replay, Brissett definitely takes a weird step back before spiking it.  Some are claiming that he was checking if he had a receiver open.  There are several articles about it, the one here mentions it in the second half.  https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-objected-to-two-late-calls-in-browns-comeback-win 

I am not questioning whether or not he looked at the receiver and whether or not that should be a call.  The thing that was perplexing to me was the ref's explanation.  If I heard him right, and I may have not because I was watching Red Zone, the ref said, "The quarterback faked spiked and then spiked the ball.  This is not a penalty."

1)  Is that what he said?

2)  If that is what he said, are you really allowed to fake spike before really spiking?  I know you can fake spike and run a play.  But if you are allowed to fake spike and then spike, why not just pump fake spike a bunch of times while looking around?

Any help?

33 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

and OJ Howard with 2TDs

and looks like Hughes also had a forced fumble and interception. 

Not sure if that shows Buffalo made a few mistakes, or that the Texans are that bereft of talent.

The football gods look at the Texan roster, and have to have someone get the plays that the law of averages requires!

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Not sure if that shows Buffalo made a few mistakes, or that the Texans are that bereft of talent.

The football gods look at the Texan roster, and have to have someone get the plays that the law of averages requires!

Yeah Zay Jones was our leading WR in 2018.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We beat them twice last year.  Thirteen seconds was coaching malpractice.

I'd go:

1.)  Bills

2.)  Chiefs

3.)  Chargers

4.)  Ravens

Call it what you want, we have the same HC and DC. Mahomes and company looked really good.

We can beat them, but I wouldn't act like it's a forgone conclusion. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.