NFL "Around the League" Gameday thread

TBBills

NFC is weak this year.  Who is supposed to be their top teams?

Packers?  Horrible today

Cardinals?  lol 

Rams?

and right now Tampa does not look that good to me.

1-Buffalo

2-Chiefs

3-Chargers

4- Bengals

those are 4 best teams in NFL imo

Minnesota looks like top team in NFC to me

30 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think they made a mistake with Howard.

I was surprised by the cut, but based on performance, it looks like the proper call.   One game, a decent performance, I’m not convinced it isn’t just a circumstance where they didn’t have anybody better.

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

NFC is weak this year.  Who is supposed to be their top teams?

Packers?  Horrible today

Cardinals?  lol 

Rams?

and right now Tampa does not look that good to me.

1-Buffalo

2-Chiefs

3-Chargers

4- Bengals

those are 4 best teams in NFL imo

Minnesota looks like top team in NFC to me

The Bills and Chefs look like they are in their own league.

37 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Call it what you want, we have the same HC and DC. Mahomes and company looked really good.

We can beat them, but I wouldn't act like it's a forgone conclusion. 

We're 1a and 1b.  It was the Cardinals without D. Hopkins or JJ Watt.  They're 4-8 in their last 12. Let's not overreact here.

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Yes, i’ll let the rest of TBD talk about how they can’t wait to make Mahomes cry like a little wuss in the playoffs. I will continue to be terrified of him and the Chiefs and pray we can avoid them for this one playoffs season. 

I’m already praying we avoid them too. Just the absolute worst matchup for us possible

32 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

JJ Watt never plays, Hopkins is a huge loss. 

But saying the Chiefs looked good and us beating them isn't a forgone conclusion isn't an overreaction. 

You can say that about any NFL team (see Jags last year) but I get your point.

29 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

I think the Steelers won the battle but lost the war with all the injuries they had. 

Today was their Super Bowl.

If that Pickett kid is any good in the future that teams going to be a nightmare to play against and that’s the last thing the AFC needs. Another elite football team. 

Edited by Rampage
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Just saw the highlights of the NJG Titians game.  Dabollocks with the bollocks call going for 2 instead of the tie.  Good for him.  That ballsy karma definitely caused Bullock to hook it left. 

St. Frannies in the house, St Frannies in the house! Lol 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I'm definitely team Rodgers unapologetically, I will remind you Rodgers threw like 5 picks in a losing effort in week 1 last year. 

Not saying you're wrong, just don't start the victory lap yet, it's only week 1, you may have to walk it back.

There is only room for one person of team Rodgers. That is Aaron Rodgers. And it is why despite his talent he will end his career with only one ring. 

Entertaining article from Football Outsiders on thoughts of players and teams around the NFL:

The Humiliation of Aaron Rodgers and Mac Jones
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2022/humiliation-aaron-rodgers-and-mac-jones

Just a few snippets: 

And of course there was lots of RBF: Rodgers Bemused Face, the priceless expressions Rodgers makes in television close-ups which convey messages like a skunk just sprayed my dog, I left my headlights on all night or (most appropriately for Rodgers) no human beings are worthy of anything except my contempt, but especially not these receivers.

The Patriots' biggest problem isn't that clueless Matt Patricia is calling the offensive plays with Bill Belichick looming over his shoulder and waiting for him to make a mistake like a toxic Little League dad. No, the Patriots' biggest problem is that they lack any speed whatsoever on offense...Josh McDaniels could scheme these slow-pokes open AND do a fine job of keeping the Patriots ahead of the sticks so Jones wouldn't be forced to flutter too many third-/fourth-down deep shots. And even McDaniels needed Jets-caliber opponents or typhoon-force winds to maintain the illusion. Patricia doesn't stand a chance while operating out of Baby's First Playbook. When your greatest offensive highlight is Ty Montgomery rolling into the end zone after a flair pass to break a shutout late in the third quarter, it's a sure sign that your team lacks the sizzle it needs to hang with opponents such as the Bills.

Let's see, there's:

- Tyreek catching the quick underneath smash route, then trying to elude seven defenders for a gain of 5 yards;

- Tyreek motioning across the formation, then part of the way back, then doing a little back-'n'-forth boot-scoot behind the tight end before the snap, only to catch a flare pass and get immediately flattened by Kyle Dugger;

- Tyreek running a would-be deep route, realizing that Tua couldn't reach him if he had a golf cart, then stopping and out-leaping one of the Patriots defensive backs named Jones (it's not gonna be worth learning which one is which this year) for a 23-yard gain and a very Tua-worthy highlight.

- RPO? Heck yes, we're still the Dolphins.

- End around! Didn't see that coming! Oh yeah you did. Anyway, gain of 6.

Hill finished with eight catches for 94 yards, plus that 6-yard run. The Dolphins offensive line is still five mall cops trying to stop a looting spree. And Tagovailoa's Sunday blooper reel features lots of throws directly into the turf while getting sacked.

In summary: the new Mike McDaniel Dolphins offense is chaotically, entertainingly bad, but still bad.

Edited by billsfan1959

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.