NFL "Around the League" Gameday thread

TBBills

Thoughts after surfing around the Sunday games:

1.  Was there any doubt MyMahommey was going to come out and throw 5 TDs?  KC doesn't need Tyrek.  Kelce was uncoverable.

2. The Giants played above their heads yesterday and it was fun to watch.  Buffalo East has a stout Defense and Saquon was unstoppable.  Jones is still meh.

3. Herbert plays so smooth and under control.  They had the Raiders number all day.

4. Dallas is toast.  Double CeeDee and the rest don't matter.  

5. Pit-Cincy was the game of the day.  Brutal attrition on both sides.  Big time losses in a win for Pit.

6. Same old Colts.

7. Minnesota looks L-E-G-I-T.  Jefferson embarrassed GB.  Rodgers was under duress all day.  Clearly missing his OLINE guys and receivers.

8. All the talk about the OLINE in Tampa. It's still Tom.  He got sacked a bit, but he still makes quick decisions and throws the ball fast.

9. Mac and the Pats don't look to threatening.  Reports of a back issue with Mac makes for some serious angst in the Boston fan base.  So sad..

10. Tua and The Waddles look like they have game.  Hill adds a lot to their offense.

11.  LJ8 with one bomb, 3TDs, otherwise a rather pedestrian day.  Box score shows JESTS had more first downs.  LJ8 only ran 6 times.  Hmm..

12. Cardinals were well just not good in any facet of the game.  

13. Trey Lance has a long way to go.  SF gambling their season on him is crazy.

14. Burrows is a gamer.  He has a pick-a-galooza and still marches them down to win the game.  Bad coaching in Cincy lost that game.  To not challenge that TD catch ruled incomplete was inexcusable.

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Entertaining article from Football Outsiders on thoughts of players and teams around the NFL:

The Humiliation of Aaron Rodgers and Mac Jones
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2022/humiliation-aaron-rodgers-and-mac-jones

Just a few snippets: 

The Dolphins offensive line is still five mall cops trying to stop a looting spree.

What a line..  I don't care who you are, that was funny.. 🙂 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

There is only room for one person of team Rodgers. That is Aaron Rodgers. And it is why despite his talent he will end his career with only one ring. 

I think another reason is because that team can't draft to save their lives. 

Look at how many early-round resources they pour into the defense, and they have nothing to show for it. 

They don't draft WRs, RBs, or Tight Ends, and come Playoff time, they can't score. 

Aaron of course has an ego, but they draft like the 2006-2008 Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think another reason is because that team can't draft to save their lives. 

Look at how many early-round resources they pour into the defense, and they have nothing to show for it. 

They don't draft WRs, RBs, or Tight Ends, and come Playoff time, they can't score. 

Aaron of course has an ego, but they draft like the 2006-2008 Bills. 

They haven't helped him, for sure. But he is a problem. It is week one, you might not like that rookies are playing but you sulking when they make mistakes helps nobody. 

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You're not supposed to blitz Mahomes. Kliff Kingsbury is an idiot.

I said the same thing earlier in the thread, they continually left one if not two receivers wide open because of the pressure they were trying to bring on Mahomes.

Was a really bad defensive game plan.

19 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I said the same thing earlier in the thread, they continually left one if not two receivers wide open because of the pressure they were trying to bring on Mahomes.

Was a really bad defensive game plan.

I'm assuming they were thinking he lost a lot of weapons, so he would panic.  Obviously that didn't happen.  Dumb game plan for sure.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

You're not supposed to blitz Mahomes. Kliff Kingsbury is an idiot.

It is almost as though the Cardinals staff don't watch other football games.

1 hour ago, Process said:

The giants really about to be 4-0

They are my shock outside playoff pick. They are not a good team but that division is terrible and they also play the Panthers, Bears, Jags, Seahawks, Texans, Lions.

The NFC is such a weak conference an 8 or 9 win team could sneak in as the 7th seed again. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is almost as though the Cardinals staff don't watch other football games.

They are my shock outside playoff pick. They are not a good team but that division is terrible and they also play the Panthers, Bears, Jags, Seahawks, Texans, Lions.

The NFC is such a weak conference an 8 or 9 win team could sneak in as the 7th seed again. 

I would love to see Daboll get his flowers and turn that team around.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I would love to see Daboll get his flowers and turn that team around.

Schoen as well. They were both good foot soldiers here. Solid guys who played a part in this rise. I really, genuinely, would like to see them have success with the G-Men. And with the right mixture of patience and a bit of luck (when they get their QB pick they have to nail it) I think they will. 

I think they made two really good coordinator hires. Wink Martindale knows this league and knows defense and with Mike Kafka working with Daboll they have two offensive minds who have been involved in two of the more innovative offenses in football the last few years. I like that Dabes is letting Kafka call the plays too. That shows me that he is willing to leave his ego at the door to be successful. 

Edited by GunnerBill

4 hours ago, wjag said:

Thoughts after surfing around the Sunday games:

1.  Was there any doubt MyMahommey was going to come out and throw 5 TDs?  KC doesn't need Tyrek.  Kelce was uncoverable.

2. The Giants played above their heads yesterday and it was fun to watch.  Buffalo East has a stout Defense and Saquon was unstoppable.  Jones is still meh.

3. Herbert plays so smooth and under control.  They had the Raiders number all day.

4. Dallas is toast.  Double CeeDee and the rest don't matter.  

5. Pit-Cincy was the game of the day.  Brutal attrition on both sides.  Big time losses in a win for Pit.

6. Same old Colts.

7. Minnesota looks L-E-G-I-T.  Jefferson embarrassed GB.  Rodgers was under duress all day.  Clearly missing his OLINE guys and receivers.

8. All the talk about the OLINE in Tampa. It's still Tom.  He got sacked a bit, but he still makes quick decisions and throws the ball fast.

9. Mac and the Pats don't look to threatening.  Reports of a back issue with Mac makes for some serious angst in the Boston fan base.  So sad..

10. Tua and The Waddles look like they have game.  Hill adds a lot to their offense.

11.  LJ8 with one bomb, 3TDs, otherwise a rather pedestrian day.  Box score shows JESTS had more first downs.  LJ8 only ran 6 times.  Hmm..

12. Cardinals were well just not good in any facet of the game.  

13. Trey Lance has a long way to go.  SF gambling their season on him is crazy.

14. Burrows is a gamer.  He has a pick-a-galooza and still marches them down to win the game.  Bad coaching in Cincy lost that game.  To not challenge that TD catch ruled incomplete was inexcusable.

It was gambling three first-round picks on Lance that was crazy.  They don't have a choice now; they have to see if he can play. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the weekly PFF weird grading outcome where Mahomes somehow comes in as the 8th best QB of the week:

I watched almost the whole Chiefs/Cardinals game and that grade is absurd. He was almost perfect.

Did they grade it based on difficulty.

But the Chiefs did punt so Mahomes did have drives stall, Josh had one end in a Fg, and maybe that one bad pass that was picked.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the weekly PFF weird grading outcome where Mahomes somehow comes in as the 8th best QB of the week:

I watched almost the whole Chiefs/Cardinals game and that grade is absurd. He was almost perfect.

This is why PFF is a joke. Anyone watching games knows Mahomes had an incredible performance. To put Winston and Tannehill over him is absurd.

Our guy JA had some great plays, but some miscues too.

PFF is still silly, even if they like our guy now.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.