Biden's "Speech" Tonight

T&C

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

According to last night’s speech, only when Republicans do it.

…or just MAGA Republicans.

….or just “the good” Republicans who’ve been intimidated by MAGA Republicans.

Basically all Republicans, I guess.

Why are you so offended by it? 

Maybe embrace democracy and not fascism? 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Irv said:

What other ***** are you guys going to make up?  Yes.  Half the country would support authoritarian rule and a master race?  If you believe that you’re on crack with Hunter.  You really think that little of your fellow Americans?  If Demented Biden quit lecturing and talking down to everyone maybe he wouldn’t have such dismal approval ratings despite all his failed policies.  What a mess.  

Irv - did Biden hurt your feelings, too? 

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

It's obvious to me what this (including the speech) is all about. Democratic polling no doubt shows that "nationalizing" the midterms by associating every Republican with Trump is their best path to keep the House and/or Senate.

And the Republicans seem hell-bent on making that easy. Biden trolls Trump; Trump responds by suggesting that he'll pardon the convicted Jan 6 rioters. 

In some alternate universe there is a more disciplined Trump just getting out of the way. But in our universe there is no such thing.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why are you so offended by it? 

Maybe embrace democracy and not fascism? 

Well, when the President comes out and threatens about 1/2 the country because they represent a political threat to the power and control of the party that sounds like fascism.  Just the optics and tone of the event last night had the smell of intense evil.  I really wonder what his handlers were thinking when they dreamed up this thing?   

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's obvious to me what this (including the speech) is all about. Democratic polling no doubt shows that "nationalizing" the midterms by associating every Republican with Trump is their best path to keep the House and/or Senate.

And the Republicans seem hell-bent on making that easy. Biden trolls Trump; Trump responds by suggesting that he'll pardon the convicted Jan 6 rioters. 

In some alternate universe there is a more disciplined Trump just getting out of the way. But in our universe there is no such thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I've always suggested the Republicans are a bit slow when it comes to playing the game the way the Democrats have been so successful.  They either don't understand the fight they're in here or don't care to get their noses dirty.  I think the first step is stop bargaining and debating with the Devil.  As for the Democrats, they have to do something because running on real issues would be political suicide. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Well, when the President comes out and threatens about 1/2 the country because they represent a political threat to the power and control of the party that sounds like fascism.  Just the optics and tone of the event last night had the smell of intense evil.  I really wonder what his handlers were thinking when they dreamed up this thing?   

You wish half the country are republican 

Oh - and btw - talk about optics that led to this:

image.thumb.jpeg.7f0b28e5c07a7aa4cf89dfbade5fc3da.jpeg

7 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I've always suggested the Republicans are a bit slow when it comes to playing the game the way the Democrats have been so successful.  They either don't understand the fight they're in here or don't care to get their noses dirty.  I think the first step is stop bargaining and debating with the Devil.  As for the Democrats, they have to do something because running on real issues would be political suicide. 

my old man alway used to say Republicans are stupid and democrats are crooks.

Lots of grey area and the ones that lived on both sides of the the aisle are probably both. 

but as a generalization it’s not bad 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You wish half the country are republican 

I didn't say they were Republicans.  Karine, that brain dead WH Press Secretary said they only need to disagree with the majority to be "extremists".   The problem with that "logic" is Joe's terrible approval rating demonstrates the majority are against him and by that definition he is the extremist.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

The actual threats to THE COUNTRY:

But hey......Trump bad.  Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump orange Trump Trump Trump Trump what inflation we caused Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump what's a woman Trump Trump Trump racism Trump Trump Trump

Edited by Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I didn't say they were Republicans.  Karine, that brain dead WH Press Secretary said they only need to disagree with the majority to be "extremists".   The problem with that "logic" is Joe's terrible approval rating demonstrates the majority are against him and by that definition he is the extremist.  

What a bunch of malarkey  

Holy s***

Trump coordinated with Facebook on what they should censor or consider misinformation 

Lol lol no obviously that was the Ds

"Trump is the threat to Democracy!  Please vote Trump in the primary Republicans!  We're trying really hard to get you to rally behind him!"

---The DNC

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1

52 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly.  

"Illegitimate elections", "coup", and "treason" lead directly to "stop the steal".  One never happens without the other.   Everybody complains when the other guy does it, but loves the heck out of it when it benefits them politically, financially, or emotionally. 

One point of disagreement, though, is that Biden is simply "trolling" Trump.  Trump trolled Clinton with 'lock her up', something that never was going to happen.  Reid trolled Romney with "He doesn't pay taxes".  

Biden sent the FBI to his house, gathered documents clearly relevant to the issue the DOJ is pursuing, but also apparently grabbed information that was not part of the search, held it, reviewed it, and has suggested there is no need for a special master because it will impact their investigation and presumably they are beyond reproach.  That's not trolling, that's using the full weight and power of the US Government in an attempt to overwhelm and destroy the target.  He did that because when they surveilled his admin, colluded with a foreign national to spread disinformation, tried to have him removed from office on he heard she said her cousin told her, and a host of other issues, you all were fine with it.  

When that worked, he supersized.  Now it's Trump and all those who voted for him.  A lot of people will not pay attention to the rhetoric (he's a politician and lies regularly, they'll say), but a lot of people agree.  There's nothing new here, he's following a pattern of demonizing folks that don't support him by calling them dangerous and suggesting violence might be necessary.  It's worked all throughout history.

The only real point to be taken from this is that that sort of governing works, and is very popular with millions and millions of people.  My thought is...when the time comes in the future and the opposition needs destroying, what's that next phase going to look like?  

*Edit--It's possible that the DOJ is super duper concerned about the material in his possession, and that this really was an issue of national security.  The problem there is after branding him an illegitimate president, in office as result of a coup, surveilled his team, colluded with a foreign national to spread disinformation to influences voters, and apparently worked with social media to deep-six stories that might impact the outcome of elections, there are serious credibility questions that must be overcome.  It could NOT be political, but really, isn't everything? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Holy s***

Trump coordinated with Facebook on what they should censor or consider misinformation 

Lol lol no obviously that was the Ds

"Trump is the threat to Democracy!  Please vote Trump in the primary Republicans!  We're trying really hard to get you to rally behind him!"

---The DNC

Wait - what?

lmao 

What’s Facebook’s Deal With Donald Trump?

Zuckerberg once wanted to sanction Trump. Then Facebook wrote rules that accommodated him.

Peter Thiel Claimed Zuckerberg Agreed to Push ‘State-Sanctioned Conservatism’ Under Trump Deal

Mark Zuckerberg ‘struck deal with Donald Trump to avoid regulations’ on Facebook

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Don't sound like Hitler at all 

Oh you mean like Killary denying that Trump won the election, or George W Bush winning the election, or Kemp winning tbe gubernatorial against Abrams, you mean like those people Biden? Those are MAGAs that are a threat to democracy? Democrats have been attacking elections forever, it’s just when they do it, the media sweeps it under the rug. 

58 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I think there is some merit to this argument.  Why would the DNC still be so obsessed about Trump?  No party has ever done this.  It's because they want him to run.  It's the only angle they have in light of their abject failures. It's the exact nonsense Tibs and Billsy use daily.  Complete inability to focus on the *****-up's in the WH.   Let's get Nikki Haley in there and end this national nightmare.  What a mess.  

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

Oh you mean like Killary denying that Trump won the election, or George W Bush winning the election, or Kemp winning tbe gubernatorial against Abrams, you mean like those people Biden? Those are MAGAs that are a threat to democracy? Democrats have been attacking elections forever, it’s just when they do it, the media sweeps it under the rug. 

But that's different...election...denying.    Because Russia hacked our machines, no, wait, they spent $1M on Facebook ads that dwarfed Hilly's $1B spent, no, wait, Don Jr. took a meeting with a Russian lawyer and got nothing, no, wait, well, just because. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Don't sound like Hitler at all 

Of course it is the exact opposite of what he said during the real speech-"MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic." And "Republicans do not respect the Constitution. They do not believe in the rule of law. They do not recognize the will of the people."

Seems extremely dishonest to say one during the real speech and the opposite a few minutes later. 

• Agree 1

As I said, I didn’t watch the speech but if your poll ratings are under water wouldn’t it have been a better idea to reach out to your many critics and pledge to do a better job of bringing the nation together? What’s to be gained by saying a single negative thing about anyone? Biden simply doesn’t have the reputation or gravitas to pull that off. Yet another totally unforced error. (And believe me, Trump made a ton of them as well.)

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As I said, I didn’t watch the speech but if your poll ratings are under water wouldn’t it have been a better idea to reach out to your many critics and pledge to do a better job of bringing the nation together? What’s to be gained by saying a single negative thing about anyone? Biden simply doesn’t have the reputation or gravitas to pull that off. Yet another totally unforced error. (And believe me, Trump made a ton of them as well.)

Did you ever give Trump this advice? His ratings were no better and he politicked non stop to the fringe.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Did you ever give Trump this advice? His ratings were no better and he politicked non stop to the fringe.

and he was called the great divider. So why not call it as it is. Biden said he was gonna unite us. Today he walked back what he said last night. Take the L