Biden's "Speech" Tonight

T&C

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

According to last night’s speech, only when Republicans do it.

…or just MAGA Republicans.

….or just “the good” Republicans who’ve been intimidated by MAGA Republicans.

Basically all Republicans, I guess.

Why are you so offended by it? 

Maybe embrace democracy and not fascism? 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Irv said:

What other ***** are you guys going to make up?  Yes.  Half the country would support authoritarian rule and a master race?  If you believe that you’re on crack with Hunter.  You really think that little of your fellow Americans?  If Demented Biden quit lecturing and talking down to everyone maybe he wouldn’t have such dismal approval ratings despite all his failed policies.  What a mess.  

Irv - did Biden hurt your feelings, too? 

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

It's obvious to me what this (including the speech) is all about. Democratic polling no doubt shows that "nationalizing" the midterms by associating every Republican with Trump is their best path to keep the House and/or Senate.

And the Republicans seem hell-bent on making that easy. Biden trolls Trump; Trump responds by suggesting that he'll pardon the convicted Jan 6 rioters. 

In some alternate universe there is a more disciplined Trump just getting out of the way. But in our universe there is no such thing.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why are you so offended by it? 

Maybe embrace democracy and not fascism? 

Well, when the President comes out and threatens about 1/2 the country because they represent a political threat to the power and control of the party that sounds like fascism.  Just the optics and tone of the event last night had the smell of intense evil.  I really wonder what his handlers were thinking when they dreamed up this thing?   

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's obvious to me what this (including the speech) is all about. Democratic polling no doubt shows that "nationalizing" the midterms by associating every Republican with Trump is their best path to keep the House and/or Senate.

And the Republicans seem hell-bent on making that easy. Biden trolls Trump; Trump responds by suggesting that he'll pardon the convicted Jan 6 rioters. 

In some alternate universe there is a more disciplined Trump just getting out of the way. But in our universe there is no such thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I've always suggested the Republicans are a bit slow when it comes to playing the game the way the Democrats have been so successful.  They either don't understand the fight they're in here or don't care to get their noses dirty.  I think the first step is stop bargaining and debating with the Devil.  As for the Democrats, they have to do something because running on real issues would be political suicide. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2