2022 updated depth chart after cuts

CorkScrewHill

Marquez Stevenson, even if he's IR'd, is a real head scrather to me.  IMO, he's not even up to Duke Williams standards.     Poor ball tracking, inconsistent hands, doesn't play as fast as he times and can't stay healthy.   Welp!   I can't come up with anything positive to offset those warts.     

I'm not ranting because I was a Hodgins fanboy or anything like that.   I just don't see him as worthy of even a PS slot....

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I hear ya but NOBODY would have picked up Stevenson if cut. He deserves to be the practice squad option and Hodgins on the active roster. I’d bet money he is claimed. Smh…wait for him to get healthy and coached up to let him go be a benefit in another team. I don’t see Stevenson ever helping this team.

He’s injured and can’t be cut without an injury settlement. Then, he could not re-sign with the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

hodgins obsession around here is at epidemic levels

I’d say any coherent thought that Stevenson has anything worthy of being an NFL player is absolutely ridiculous 

41 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

You just don’t understand the rules and jockeying that’s now taking place. Stevenson couldn’t go on IR or he be done for the season. He will be put on IR tomorrow and then he can be activated again at some point. 
His place on the 53 will last only 24 hours. That’s how the system works. 

I understand that Stevenson is more worthless than a bag of hockey pucks to the Bills right now. 

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I forgot the most obvious one.

There should be a bunch available after today's cuts. 

Kern was cut by the Titans and Sam Martin from the Broncos

Kern or Martin will be the selection.  Still hope we pu a vet CB to help the young dbs. Webb Davis probably coming back.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

This is blasphemy around these parts…

I know Beane traded a first and other picks for Diggs, but we have to start throwing high picks at receivers. You think the bengals are regretting all the high picks on receivers?

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:
Edited by whorlnut

There are 55 players on the depth chart without a punter.  Ike to PUP and Smith to the list, so it's 53.

Stevenson goes to IR Wednesday or Thursday when they sign a punter.

The way I see it going into the Rams game the following players are inactive.

1.  OL:  Tommy Doyle (especially if he is still nicked up).  If not Doyle probably Hart.

2.  TE:  Quintin Morris sits to start the season (he is mainly here as Knox's backup).  I know, I know, they will go with Sweeney as TE2 to start.

3.  DE:  Shaq Lawson

4.  LB:  Baylon Spector

5.  CB:  Cam Lewis

The good thing is that all the RBs and WRs are dressing!  Wouldn't like an RB not dressing.

When Tre comes back Cam is cut.

When Smith comes back it will be a toss-up between him and Spector.  I'm guessing Spector and Smith to PS.

If/when Ike comes back (not 100% he will) Johnny Rotten or Hart cut.

If/when Stevenson comes back it will be a puzzlement.

All of this is dependent on the overall team health.

Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Most teams aren't in great shape when they lose one of their top 3 players (Diggs). If we lose Davis, we should be ok though. Until this preseason, Crowder was a starting caliber player, and Shakir has flashed so far this year. McKenzie may not have played his best ball yet, either.

The Bills value player versatility as well as guys who can step up into their roles as backups when called upon. I think we have seen players like Taron Johnson excel when called on. I think being a member of the Bills means you are surrounded by professional highly skilled high work ethic guys who have bought into the Process. Next man UP means you are given a chance to contribute and prove you belong on this roster.  Im very excited to see how the Bills brain trusts decisions continue to not only upgrade and bolster where needed.  As well as trust their decisions even when We don't agree with them necessarily. Hart is a guy I have had my doubts but he keeps sticking around. So Ima gonna put that player in my will watch carefully category this season.   And trust their decisions.  and pray lol

m

• Like (+1) 1

I’m a little concerned over the CB situation. Starting Jackson and Elam is far from ideal, and when you consider Benford is the 3rd CB, you have two rookies and a second year player as your primary CBs for at least the first quarter of the season.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Gotta keep the locker room guys… McD is big on those…. No matter how bad they are.

Come on Scott, season is about to start, cheer up brother!

But Gollum, and the evil one
Crept up and slipped away with her
Her, her, yeah
Ain't nothing I can do, no

… I guess I keep on rambling

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.