2022 updated depth chart after cuts

CorkScrewHill

Wow…they kept Stevenson over Hodgins??? He isn’t that good on ST…only move I disagree with and I’m not even close to understanding it. I DO NOT trust him as our #1 backup WR nor think Shakir is ready for a full time starting outside WR role of forced into it. 🤦🏾‍♂️

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

I assume that Stevenson will go to IR to open a spot for a punter (my money is on Kern, which isn't much of a reach).  Not sure what other moves they might make.  I wouldn't be shocked if they found 1 or 2 guys out there that are available at positions of need (backup OL has been mentioned above), but I also wouldn't be shocked if the Stevenson for punter move was the only one they made.  I think they like their guys.

I also think that they'll bring back most of their cuts to the PS, minus those who are picked up to be on other teams' 53. 

Unless Krammer is a god (little g) there must be SOMEONE released who would play for veteran minimum who is better than Bobby Hart.

3 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Wow…they kept Stevenson over Hodgins??? He isn’t that good on ST…only move I disagree with and I’m not even close to understanding it. I DO NOT trust him as our #1 backup WR nor think Shakir is ready for a full time starting outside WR role of forced into it. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Stevenson will be gone to IR tomorrow - likely to open a spot for the punter.  Hodgins is targted for the Practice Squad.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Unless Krammer is a god (little g) there must be SOMEONE released who would play for veteran minimum who is better than Bobby Hart.

Krammer/Kroger/Kromer is a good coach and will help a lot of the OL guys improve.  From what I've read, Hart has played pretty well inside as a guard.  He was beyond awful as a tackle in his previous stint with the team.

• Like (+1) 1

My gripes-  

For a team that plays 80% nickel, we have too many LBs.  

Stevenson?  Really?  Maybe they’re going to IR him for the year?  Idk—  I hope I’m wrong about this guy but I think he’s 💩  hopefully his spot belongs to our future punter 

Looks like Van Roten is our backup C? Or would Bates move to C and Ike, hart or van roten go to G?

i wish Morris was listed as TE2.  Maybe Sweeney made huge improvements this off season??  But he was all but a water boy when games really mattered for us.  We clearly didn’t want to see him on the field.  An awful OT was viewed as a better TE2 and kept him in street clothes…. I mean… 😑  

but maybe he’s improved.  🙏🏻 

Edited by NewEra

53 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think the fact that Stevenson is still on the roster is a joke. 

torch and pitchforks…. Who’s with me!?!

You just don’t understand the rules and jockeying that’s now taking place. Stevenson couldn’t go on IR or he be done for the season. He will be put on IR tomorrow and then he can be activated again at some point. 
His place on the 53 will last only 24 hours. That’s how the system works. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

We are screwed if Diggs or Davis moss a big chunk of time. 

So is every other team that loses one or two of their top wideouts for an extended period, it’s a given league wide,  why pretend it’s so out of the ordinary? 

Go Bills!!!

8 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Thought the same thing, but it seems like he's probably going on IR when they sign the Punter, so it might be more like they're kicking the decision on him down the road.

46 minutes ago, Doc said:

If they can make it to the PS, no harm, no foul.  Although I think the clock is striking midnight with Hodgins.

I think Shakir gets reps before Kumerow at outside WR.

And Brown's back surgery and the time he missed put him behind.

It you look at the substitutions in the one drive with Josh in the preseason game. The first outside sub was McKenzie and the 2nd was Shakir. You won’t see Kumerow much unless it is to block or if the game is out of hand. He is absolutely WR6. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Stevenson will be gone to IR tomorrow - likely to open a spot for the punter.  Hodgins is targted for the Practice Squad.

I hear ya but NOBODY would have picked up Stevenson if cut. He deserves to be the practice squad option and Hodgins on the active roster. I’d bet money he is claimed. Smh…wait for him to get healthy and coached up to let him go be a benefit in another team. I don’t see Stevenson ever helping this team.

49 minutes ago, BBills_88 said:

They could have let Kumerow and Jones go to the practice squads. 

Let the young bloods get some wreck. ( Hodgins & Blackshear).

Yes. Let's cut not one but two of our core Special Teams players for two guys who can't play Special Teams or even will be active on Game Day for their positions. 🙄

36 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

We are screwed if Diggs or Davis moss a big chunk of time. 

Most teams aren't in great shape when they lose one of their top 3 players (Diggs). If we lose Davis, we should be ok though. Until this preseason, Crowder was a starting caliber player, and Shakir has flashed so far this year. McKenzie may not have played his best ball yet, either.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, StHustle said:

hodgins obsession around here is at epidemic levels

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.