2022 updated depth chart after cuts

CorkScrewHill

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Until I saw it on paper I thought we had more depth we do. The only group that looks like it could handle a loss of a player and not have a noticable step back is DL, where our backups would have been starters in 2011.

Safety is deep

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Well four of them are under contract next year.

I just hope they're creative on the line. Ya know Von will get doubled and they will face a lot of 6 vs. 4. Mcfrazier better not be stuck in the 80's...anymore...or that money is gonna be a waste. We have faced Von and Donald in the past. The Bills did a couple of stunts during the pre season which was cool, but I'd like to see them try a 5-2-4. If they feel they can play press man, why not throw Shaq or Boogie inside one of the ends. It worked like a charm with Lorax. This is the year which will decide Frazier and Washington's fate. Personally, I may have already moved on.

12 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Is it weird my first thought when I saw the depth chart was that many people are gonna be very upset when cook is inactive a lot in the beginning of the season

If they had put Jones as 4th string, it would have correlated to the down they would each be playing.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, StHustle said:

I hear ya but NOBODY would have picked up Stevenson if cut. He deserves to be the practice squad option and Hodgins on the active roster. I’d bet money he is claimed. Smh…wait for him to get healthy and coached up to let him go be a benefit in another team. I don’t see Stevenson ever helping this team.

Neither of them made the 53. This isn't a Stevenson vs Hodgins thing. Stevenson is essentially getting cut tomorrow. He'll be on IR. And when he comes back, they'll probably cut him and put him on the practice squad unless there are injuries and you need him.

6 hours ago, vincec said:

I’m a little concerned over the CB situation. Starting Jackson and Elam is far from ideal, and when you consider Benford is the 3rd CB, you have two rookies and a second year player as your primary CBs for at least the first quarter of the season.

FWIW (maybe not much) the 1981 Super Bowl-winning San Francisco 49ers started 3 rookies in their defensive backfield.

By contrast the Bills will start 2 very experienced safeties, a 3rd year cornerback and a 1st round rookie cornerback.

While I wish Tre'Davious was healthy,  I'm not worried about the secondary.

5 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

FWIW (maybe not much) the 1981 Super Bowl-winning San Francisco 49ers started 3 rookies in their defensive backfield.

Was Ronnie Lott one of them?

Hope the Bills have one of them running around amongst the rookies … I doubt it though..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

Why is Tommy Sweeney TE2  can we please get a legit player at the position 

Von Miller listed as RDE. Is that the side he's been most successful on? I hope Leslie gets creative and lines him up all over 

Benford listed behind White. Elam listed behind Dane.  Could that mean Benford starts opening night? 

Why is Hart listed as a T.  He has been better at Guard 

Shakir should be the backup to both Diggs and Davis...

5 hours ago, hemma said:

5 tackles and 3 guards that can actually walk.  One of those walkers is also the supposed backup center.

Hart, who practiced mostly at guard is shown at tackle, his position of most demonstrated intense suckage.

me no likee

I've been disappointed with our OLine behind the 6 top guys. Hart and Van Roten? Wow. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.