Bills cuts

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They receive input from the coaches, obviously. But you really think it was Kromer's choice not to invest in better OLinemen? Maybe that 2nd round pick should've been spent on the best available OLineman. Maybe they should've invested more of their free agency money on OLinemen. Things like that are above Kromer's pay grade.

Just because he doesn't have a strong input on the draft doesn't mean he doesn't have strong input on who we keep.  He's the one who works with these guys every day.  

We saw on Embedded where they have coaches meetings pretty frequently.  McDermott/Beane is relying heavily on a position coach on how each player they are responsible for is doing.  

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

What if Edmunds is the odd man out?  Us fans don't know what long-term planning is being considered.

If I had to guess, Edmunds is the odd man out after this year.  He's probably going to have a big pay day in FA and just too much for us to want to pay.

Just a guess but I think it's Oliver and Knox they want to keep.

• Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If I had to guess, Edmunds is the odd man out after this year.  He's probably going to have a big pay day in FA and just too much for us to want to pay.

I never would have thought it earlier in the year but now I think it's a possibility.

17 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They receive input from the coaches, obviously. But you really think it was Kromer's choice not to invest in better OLinemen? Maybe that 2nd round pick should've been spent on the best available OLineman. Maybe they should've invested more of their free agency money on OLinemen. Things like that are above Kromer's pay grade.

The Bills signed Saffold, Mancz, Van Roten and Quessenberry.  Plus they re-signed Bates and they drafted Tenuta.  You think Kromer had no input in those decisions?  The guy has been in the league for 20 plus years and is considered one of the best.  Why would he come to Buffalo given your stance of "he has nothing to do with personnel".  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just because he doesn't have a strong input on the draft doesn't mean he doesn't have strong input on who we keep.  He's the one who works with these guys every day.  

We saw on Embedded where they have coaches meetings pretty frequently.  McDermott/Beane is relying heavily on a position coach on how each player they are responsible for is doing.  

And if he’s not in the long term plans, I’ll be disappointed if they don’t consider trading him by the deadline.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

And if he’s not in the long term plans, I’ll be disappointed if they don’t consider trading him by the deadline.

I don't believe it will even be considered to trade the starting MLB in a year where you have Super Bowl aspirations.  What kind of message would that send to the team?  He will be here, barring injury, will start every game and then walk after IMO.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Kromer has nothing to do with personnel. He works with what he's given.

You're delirious if you really believe in this Bills organization, Beane and McDermott do not include their position coaches in personnel decisions. This group of football people have better communication amongst  staff than any other group in Bills' history.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

What if Edmunds is the odd man out?  Us fans don't know what long-term planning is being considered.

They at least wanted a backup plan if he is being let go.  As for Cook I don't consider him a 3rd down back - we pass quite a bit on first down these days too 🙂

29 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Yeah... no.  You don't trade him unless you want to play the backup.  Not because of 2023.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills oline depth is among the best in the NFL. Doyle and browns size and power is unmatched especially in the run game. Van Roten and hart have over 100 combined starts at every position. Mancz who will probably be back on the ps is your 4th string c/g and has 30 starts at c/g. They also have developmental tackles in tenuta and Anderson.

It doesn't get better than that. 

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Their 2nd and 3rd round picks are head scratching to me… was a 3rd down back really necessary to use a 2nd round pick on?…. And a reserve LB in the 3rd for a defense already stacked? 

If you think they drafted Cook to be a “3rd down back” I give you too much credit.  A 2nd round selection isn’t made strictly for the upcoming season….and he isn’t going to be a “3rd down back”.   You know this, but would rather cry about it just to cry about it. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't believe it will even be considered to trade the starting MLB in a year where you have Super Bowl aspirations.  What kind of message would that send to the team?  He will be here, barring injury, will start every game and then walk after IMO.

27 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Yeah… no.  You don't trade him unless you want to play the backup.  Not because of 2023.

If he wasn’t in the long term plans, it’d be a shrewd move, but one that I’d support, provided the coaches were comfortable with Bernard stepping into that role, of course. 

3 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Tenuta, McCloud, Kingsley Jonathan, Tanner Owen were all claimed, Hodgins and Blackshear are free to sign on the Bills practice squad.

Former Bills Jack Anderson, Rashad Wildgoose, Daryl Johnson were all claimed too, sheesh.

Del'Shawn Phillips was also a Bill.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.