Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Hate stuff like this. If he were a regular joe blow making minimum wage, would there be a lawsuit at all? 

The timing highly questionable with it coming right after he secured an nfl career (when Haack was cut).

Not enough for him to be arrested even when investigators heard him say he had sex with her…yet now it’s a money grab thing.

Again if he was working at 7/11, there is no lawsuit and his reputation remains in tact.

She went to the cops a day later when he was in college. This is a bad take. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

We have more attorneys then Morgan and  Morgan on this board

Cellino and Barnes

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

She named three people. It is alleged five raped her. Ever stop to think the police are attempting to identify those other two males?

You don't want to put tis girl through multiple trials if true.

Yeah, that's not how it works. The 3 known people would have been arrested and charged. No way that they wouldn't squeal on the other two people, either out of just being an idiot and talking to the cops, or as part of some deal offering. They don't just wait for every single person to be ID'd before doing anything at all, especially in a gang rape case which could potentially be charged as a capital crime (unlikely but possible).

But I will say yes, you could be right. Not really saying you're not, just that with my time in the CJ world, that's been my experience with how things usually develop. Either way, awful as hell all around.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Araiza’s Defense Attorney claims to have witnesses saying something different. If it is open and shut you have to wonder why we’re ten months in without criminal proceedings commencing and that’s something which will surely turn the heat up under the state department and the college in particular.

Again so everyone understands and not just you it takes an insanely long time to build a criminal rape case and they are very very hard to prosecute

• Like (+1) 1

This is tough. He's going to be a great player. That means you need to be sure you're making the right roster move. 

Let's not lose sight of what actually matters. The truth. If the Bills truly believe this is a money grab, then the right thing to do is stand by him. If they truly believe he did it, or there's shadiness around his story, then the right move is to cut him. 

McDermott is a man of God. If they stick by Araiza now, then I truly believe they feel he is innocent. We're not the Browns or Dolphins. 

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

I wonder if other teams knew of this and did not draft him.   His lawyer says Ariaza is targeted because he is a Buffalo Bill, not a doubt in his mind....yet the other accsued on nobody's on the team still...nice try

Araiza was talked about like the best punter ever. There were talks of him going in as high as the 2nd round.

He was then the 3rd punter off the board.

No doubt in my mind teams knew about this. 

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Now you’re making an assumption he just has sex with any girl no matter age like a predator.  It can be reasonably assumed if you’re at a college party you’re  a student at that school.  Sort of like if you take a girl home from a bar you’re assuming she’s 21. 

Not saying that made him "a predator" (wtf? ).  Saying most college guys wouldn't car if they knew she was a high school student.

Settle down...

47 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Silver lining in all of this, though (as bad as it is), if there had to be a player on the team accused of rape, thank God it was the punter, of all positions…

Fingers crossed it’s not true though…

Yep. Cut him if you must, then just sign another punter, there should be plenty of candidates on the waiver wire.

• Like (+1) 1