Favorite quotable movies & favorite quotes

TheCockSportif

I searched a little bit back here, and I couldn't find a thread (unless it happened many, many pages ago) about favorite quotable movies and favorite quotes.  I saw Kent (Real Genius) in the "punchable faces" thread, and that got me to thinking.

So many movies aren't good in the technical nor cinematic sense of that art form.  And yet they're wildly entertaining, regularly watched, stand the test of time, and are infinitely quotable.

Here are a few of mine.  What are yours?

Real Genius, 1985

- So I guess it goes from God, to Jerry, to you... to the cleaners.  Right, Kent?

- Ice is nice!

- What's that?  A penis stretcher.  I file it under "H" for toys.

- Aren't you the one who designed the satellite that's raining debris all over Europe?

- Why are you just standing there?  You're laborers.  You should be laboring.  That's what you get for not having an education.

- Your mother sews license plates into your underpants?  How do you sit?

- Kent, stop touching yourself!  - IT *IS* GOD! -

Better Off Dead (1985?  1986?)

- Man, that's a real shame when folks be throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that.

- This is pure snow.  Do you know what the street value of this mountain is?

- The K-12, dude.  You make a gnarly run like that, and girls will go sterile just looking at you.

- I think you mean tentacles.  Tentacles.  There's a big difference.

- Gee, Ricky.  I'm sorry that your mom blew up.  Guess it'll be a while before she can eat spicy food.

- French fries.  French dressing.  And to drink?  Peru.

Top Gun

(too many to list)

Die Hard

(same)

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

“At your highest moment, be careful. That’s when the devil comes for you.”

can’t recall what movie I saw it in— some fighting action flick set in LA, I think. 

I admit that I just belly laughed over this; well done.  Fight Club, ne the Oscars, right?

36 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Movie low key had great life advice.

So true.  And read something a few years ago that John Cusack hated the "cut" of the film.  I can't imagine that another cut would be high art.  What did he think he was appearing in?  Faust?

Edited by TheCockSportif
  • Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

“At your highest moment, be careful. That’s when the devil comes for you.”

can’t recall what movie I saw it in— some fighting action flick set in LA, I think. 

I saw somebody make a joke online that went something like …..  “Apparently the only thing off limits in Will and Jada’s open relationship are jokes.” -Norm MacDonald’s ghost.

The hit to Smith’s reputation can’t be understated.  It would be like Tom Hanks slapping Steve Martin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I watched the movie "The Witches of Eastwick" recently and this is a quote of Chers directed at the despicable character in this movie played by Jack Nicholson. BOOM hahahahaaa

I think-no, I am positive-that you are the most unattractive man I have ever met in my entire life. You know, in the short time we’ve been together you have demonstrated every loathsome characteristic of the male personality and even discovered a few new ones. You are physically repulsive, intellectually ######ed, you’re morally reprehensible, vulgar, insensitive, selfish, stupid, you have no taste, a lousy sense of humor, and you smell. You’re not even interesting enough to make me sick.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

Stripes:

"We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts!"

and...

"Lighten up, Francis."

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

I have a habit of incorporating movie lines into my everyday life. Sometimes it drives my wife crazy - other times she's been known to quote my frequently used lines. 

Pulp Fiction: Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.

Vacation: I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? 

Animal House: Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, qwksilver said:

Airplane! So many too list. "Do you like gladiator movies" is one of my favorites as is; A hat, a broach or a pterodactyl, 

Animal House "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"

So true, and on both counts.  Airplane was a classic, as was Animal House.  Awesome response!

52 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I have a habit of incorporating movie lines into my everyday life. Sometimes it drives my wife crazy - other times she's been known to quote my frequently used lines. 

Pulp Fiction: Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.

Vacation: I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? 

True sentiment, for real(z).  Awesome quotes and references, too!

55 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

And since we're on a football message board ... The Replacements:

Such a great movie.  Great call!

58 minutes ago, muppy said:

way too many from this movie to add but this is classic lol

This, like Die Hard, has become a family classic at the holidays.  I hated it on first screening, but I started loving it about 20 years ago.

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Stripes:

"We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts!"

and...

"Lighten up, Francis."

Stripes!  Yes!

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Stripes:

and...

"Lighten up, Francis."

I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Sergeant Hulka.

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

I often use Senator Blutarsky as an alternative screen name. It's hilarious that Mr 0.0 becomes a US Senator!

Fast Times at Ridgemont High: "Large cheese, sausage pizza; right here dude (while sitting in Mr. Hand's class)" and "My dad is a TV repairman. He has an awesome set of tools, I can fix this"

• Like (+1) 1

I know what you're thinking:
"Did he fire six shots or only five?"
Well, to tell you the truth, in all this
excitement I kind of lost track myself.
But being this is a .44 Magnum, the
most powerful handgun in the world...
and would blow your head clean off...
you've got to ask yourself
one question: "Do I feel lucky?"
Well, do you, punk?

==========================

Lousy peeping Tom.
You getting an eyeful?
You goddamn pie hawker!

===========================

What's in the bag, man?
- You dudes get lost now, you hear?

============================

My friends call me Alice.
And I will take a dare.

- Well, Alice, when was the last time
you were busted?
If you're a vice, I'll kill myself.

- Well, do it at home.

=============================

Don't pass out on me yet,
you rotten oinker!

:worthy:

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yeah, my wife would say that to be adopted into my family, you had to be able to qoute movie lines.

Too many to mention, but one of the more recent ones for me comes from the Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

After one of the greatest gunfights in Hollywood history...

"I'm not a devious man by nature, but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gotta be downright Archimedean."

And the song he sings afterward is catchy...it ends up going through your head.

• Haha (+1) 1

Every time one of my buddies orders a beer that has the name of or is best served with fruit I ask them a line the waitress asks 

Ralph Macchio (Maz) in a restaurant scene from beer league when he orders egg white omelet, dry wheat toast, & grapefruit juice...you want a side of **** with that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7a2N_cv5U

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Every time one of my buddies orders a beer that has the name of or is best served fruit I ask them a line the waitress asks Maz in a restaurant scene from beer league when he orders egg white omelet, dry wheat toast, grapefruit juice...you want a side of **** with that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7a2N_cv5U

when I order a beer an it has a wedge of lime or lemon 

I tell the server that I offered a beer and not a fruity drink 🍺 

chances are she went back to the bar, tossed the wedge and brought back the same bottle 

But I made my point.  If I wanted the wedge l’d ask for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

chances are she went back to the bar, tossed the wedge and brought back the same bottle 

And probably spit in it.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I just say "No lime, please" when I order. Works every time.

• Like (+1) 1

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." I been sayin' that ***** for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a ***** before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some ***** this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. .45 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that ***** ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd. he became the shepherd instead of the vengeance. Jules Winnfield- Samuel L. Jackson

this quote is the epitome of iconic IMO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.