New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

On 3/28/2022 at 11:23 AM, Steptide said:

Still don't understand the 2026 time frame. Is that worst case scenario? I feel like the stadium could/will be done before that, but what do I know 

Have to factor in the winter weather. But probably has to do with determining what to do with the existing structures on that land.

10 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

This is ridiculous, no goal posts and painted like a soccer field??? 

New NFL rules.

6 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Pardon my ignorance but I can't find anywhere whether or not the new plan comes with a roof/retractable roof?  

It doesn't.  Fan seats are covered by an overhang.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

To be honest, I think that is the perfect compromise.  Still have the outdoor home field advantage and the elements, fans have some protection from elements including heat.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Pardon my ignorance but I can't find anywhere whether or not the new plan comes with a roof/retractable roof?  

Its a new revolutionary concept where the roof is designed to let the elements in making it feel like your playing outdoors. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

This is no goal posts and painted like a soccer field??? 

wonder who pitched the pitch..  probably a European architect 

On 3/28/2022 at 3:43 PM, boater said:

That walk on the quarter-mile was absolute brutality in the winter. I understand that's it's now mostly shielded by buildings.

U know it.....back in 81 there was NOTHING but a line of trees on one side and a WIDE open field on the other.  Yeah the kids these days have it quite a bit easier.....

21 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

To be honest, I think that is the perfect compromise.  Still have the outdoor home field advantage and the elements, fans have some protection from elements including heat.

Yeah.  Wind (the biggest problem) won't affect games, precipitation will be kept to a minimum and they can still have a grass field (a retractable field was never happening) which will help attract more FAs.  And the heated field should help melt snow before and during games to a degree, while the lack of infill will make it easy to clear off.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

New NFL rules.

I’ve read they are looking seriously as Seattle’s model.  

For me the wind is the problem, not the snow or rain.

what makes the wind so bad in OP, as a significant portion of the stadium is underground.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

what makes the wind so bad in OP, as a significant portion of the stadium is underground.

Seattle's is just one of many inspirations. They also mentioned LAFC's stadium, of all places. Any stadiums with overhangs and the use of ETFE plastic are the major templates, as they're trying to figure out the best way to do it for Buffalo. This place is going to be a marvel and I can't wait to see the first drawings.

20 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’ve been to 12 games in Seattle. That stadium is excellent. I wouldn’t complain if it is the template.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

I’ve been to 12 games in Seattle. That stadium is excellent. I wouldn’t complain if it is the template.

I think the major characteristics they like with Seattle's is the intimate feel and the natural sound amplification.

I could also see them building something like the "Hawks nest" seating area, and the Populous team designed something similar for Tottenham. That kind of dedicated "hard core fan" section.

6 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Anyone know when plans will be released? 

They said drawings will be released within the next few months.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I think the major characteristics they like with Seattle's is the intimate feel and the natural sound amplification.

oooh, I forgot about that.  Hopefully they have sound amplification in mind when thinking of the design.

15 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I live in Tampa, and one nice aspect of Tampa’s stadium is the pirate ship.  It’s just a fun place to go when you’re sick of sitting in the sun.

What's our pirate ship? Giant chicken wing? A dome shaped like beef on weck? 

A wall of lake effect snow would be sick. A giant statue of William Frederick "Buffalo Bill" Cody? 

3 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

A wall of lake effect snow would be sick. A giant statue of William Frederick "Buffalo Bill" Cody? 

I love it.

You could say "Have you checked out the new wing they built?" Literal wing.

And if they built it large enough and at an angle, it could look like the wing is being dipped into the stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Big Marv Levy bobblehead bar?  The broken table saloon?  

• Like (+1) 1