New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’ve read they are looking seriously as Seattle’s model.  

For me the wind is the problem, not the snow or rain.

what makes the wind so bad in OP, as a significant portion of the stadium is underground.

40° and a freezing rain say hello!

53 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I think the major characteristics they like with Seattle's is the intimate feel and the natural sound amplification.

I could also see them building something like the "Hawks nest" seating area, and the Populous team designed something similar for Tottenham. That kind of dedicated "hard core fan" section.

They said drawings will be released within the next few months.

I’ve only sat in the Hawks Nest once. Rowdy atmosphere…but that’s by Seattle standards. The madness that Bills fans could produce if you only got the most rowdy fans would be nuts.

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

Enjoy the lower prices for the next 4 seasons. Maybe splurge and try a club or suite seat for a few games. It will be more expensive in the new stadium. Just when inflation is hitting.

I relocated into better seats for this season for just this reason.  Sit in the best seats you can for the next 4 years, price of football is going to go way up.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ALF said:

Enjoy the lower prices for the next 4 seasons. Maybe splurge and try a club or suite seat for a few games. It will be more expensive in the new stadium. Just when inflation is hitting.

I have a buddy who is building a house (since his problem child burned the old one to the ground…OOPS!). He’s been watching the cost of lumber, concrete, etc almost daily. I can’t imagine a project of stadium size and what the odds are of coming in on budget in this environment. Hopefully things stabilize, for a A LOT of reasons! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I believe the $200 mil. from the NFL is only a loan, interest free.

Up to $150 million of the loan is forgivable, repaid through the visiting teams' share of Bills ticket revenue over 25 years, and is contingent on both public financing and the Pegulas contributing at least $200 million of their own equity to the project, according to the terms of the league's "G-4" loan program, which helps fund stadium construction and renovations.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

Up to $150 million of the loan is forgivable, repaid through the visiting teams' share of Bills ticket revenue over 25 years, and is contingent on both public financing and the Pegulas contributing at least $200 million of their own equity to the project, according to the terms of the league's "G-4" loan program, which helps fund stadium construction and renovations.

Thanks as I knew someone would clarify for us.  Appreciate it.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, nucci said:

Yup, If Pegula doesn't repay it the other owners eat it.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I have a buddy who is building a house (since his problem child burned the old one to the ground…OOPS!). He’s been watching the cost of lumber, concrete, etc almost daily. I can’t imagine a project of stadium size and what the odds are of coming in on budget in this environment. Hopefully things stabilize, for a A LOT of reasons! 

Many on here know that I’m an architect that designs large public commissions. Yes, the cost and availability of construction materials go up and down all the time just like the price of oil that you’re all so familiar with. The pandemic made it REALLY problematic. I can tell you that we don’t pay much attention to it on projects of this size. Trying to time the construction market is a fool’s errand. Our timelines from design to construction are simply far too long.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

This guy felt the same way in the 70’s! 
image.thumb.jpeg.a0be9d4783c1a0320cd3e46788e4dbb7.jpeg