New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

6 hours ago, eball said:

With all due respect, this post makes no sense at all.  OF COURSE if the Bills aren't there people would have to find other things to do, but it's not what anyone wants because the Bills have been there for more than 60 FREAKING YEARS.  None of those other cities you mention know what they're missing.

It's like saying, "I really love my wife, and I don't want her to leave, but if she does leave I guess I'd have to look for something else to spend my time on because look at all those other single people - they seem fine."

Jesus.

This might not be the argument you think it is with the monsters on this site 😆😆😆

37 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm not sure why you took it there. The Architects for the Bills new stadium are known around the world for their expertise in the design of sports stadiums. Just because you apparently hadn't heard of their work at Tottenham (one of their newest and best known projects) is no reason to make fun of the Architect or the Tottenham sports team itself. I'm pretty sure the London based Hotspurs have a significantly higher market dollar value than the Buffalo Bills.  I believe the point of those posting about that stadium is simply to let everyone know that 'our' Bills new home is in very talented design hands.

Go Bills! 

You've taken it here, man. I'm glad you're a fan of the Rottenham Hotpockets and construction builders, but I'm on a totally different page.

17 hours ago, beebe said:

One of the best stadium renovations in all of sports is the Dolphins' Hard Rock Stadium. I loved the indoor/outdoor feel. Walking around, you'd never know this was a near 50-year old stadium. 

aerial-view-drone-photography-hard-rock-

Cool time lapse of the construction: 

It’s not near 50 and even though I have not been there since the renovation.  I have to agree.   I saw a game there and it was brutal in that sun

Hard Rock does have some good aspects.  Those open courtyards would probably need windows that close.  A crazy thought:  has anyone ever considered having bar stool height seats in the stadium since most fans stand up most of the time?  

12 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Governor Hochul settles suit with Seneca Nation and pledges the state’s share, $418 million, toward the new Bills stadium.

https://auburnpub.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/hochul-states-share-of-seneca-nations-564m-payment-will-go-to-bills-stadium/article_5e6ba56e-43dd-56a7-b754-44156590ca97.html

I'm sure people are going to complain about this that are not from WNY but the reality is they were going to pay for the stadium one way or another.

Either $600 million in taxpayer money and spend it elsewhere or ~$175 million in taxpayer money and allocate it to the stadium.

12 hours ago, major said:

I’d like a nod to the old war memorial somewhere in the new design #justsaying

50D43EAE-FE22-44EA-9144-AF3B8FADC84A.webp

It's amazing to me that the goal posts were ever right in the middle of the endzone. Nobody in the NFL/AFL thought that was a bad idea?

Such a ridiculous design flaw, not to mention dangerous. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

14 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's amazing to me that the goal posts were ever right in the middle of the endzone. Nobody in the NFL/AFL thought that was a bad idea?

That's nothing....remember, hockey goalies didn't wear masks back then! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

CFL still has goal posts at the goal line I believe.

• Like (+1) 1