New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

2 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

Everything i read, like anybody else on here , is that the usual NYC blowhards are making a stink .. frustrating for sure, but the State has a surplus due to unused Covid   funds. All posturing , IMHO 

The who?

Anyway, it's not about having extra money around this year, it's about what is the best use of public money.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The who?

Anyway, it's not about having extra money around this year, it's about what is the best use of public money.

The very best use of public money is construction. The money stays local, is immediately multiplied back out into the private sector economy and the community gets an asset that’ll generally last for decades. Can anyone name a better use?

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The who?

I agree , not disputing anything , was just offering my opinion about the downstate politicos , thats all.. sorry if you took it wrong 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Maybe.   I'm guessing they won't be interested in paying for naming rights in this moment of anger.............but you never know.........taking money from people's vice's ranks just barely above stealing it outright........so I don't think principle should be an issue for a well run gaming company.    It's about the next buck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I want the Bills to get their stadium but hopefully not to cut 800M from Family and Children services to get it.

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/hochuls-proposed-nys-budget-cuts-children-and-family-services-funding-by-800m

7 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

I read somewhere that the $800m being cut were provided by the Feds as a Covid bonus last year.   Didn’t have it prior to Covid not getting it any more.

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You are aware that you don't buy a new stadium on Amazon right?  It doesn't get built in China and delivered to your porch. It's built by hard working, blue collar construction workers, who buy construction materials from other hard working blue collar local product manufacturers.....who use the fruit of their work to buy yet more stuff....and wait for it..... to feed their children so that THEY DO NOT END UP ON THE FAMILY AND CHILDREN SERVICES logs.....right?

I'm getting tired of repeatedly cleaning this nonsense out of this Buffalo Bills thread.

Stow it, you sumbitches. :pirate:

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The very best use of public money is construction. The money stays local, is immediately multiplied back out into the private sector economy and the community gets an asset that’ll generally last for decades. Can anyone name a better use?

Than a publicly funded NFL stadium?  The funded stadium as a local economic stimulant has been disproven for years---and  it has been posted one here endlessly.    

Considering how they are used (spare us the tired old "stadium concerts and bowl games" stuff), it an extremely limited use object that generates zero revenue for nearly every day of its existence.   It's an asset that has almost no value other than to it's sole rent paying tenant for which it was built.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Than a publicly funded NFL stadium?  The funded stadium as a local economic stimulant has been disproven for years---and  it has been posted one here endlessly.    

Considering how they are used (spare us the tired old "stadium concerts and bowl games" stuff), it an extremely limited use object that generates zero revenue for nearly every day of its existence.   It's an asset that has almost no value other than to it's sole rent paying tenant for which it was built.

I believe you misread my post. I am not talking about the eventual use of the stadium....but thanks.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I believe you misread my post. I am not talking about the eventual use of the stadium....but thanks.

So construction for construction's sake?  Just build something to reap some small local bump unto the project is completed?

Why not build something with value?  You get the construction period increase in the local economy ands then the intrinsic value the structure you paid to have built?  Isn't that intuitively a better way to spend the money?

36 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm getting tired of repeatedly cleaning this nonsense out of this Buffalo Bills thread.

Stow it, you sumbitches. :pirate:

With all due moderator respect....this single thread is devoted to the recent stadium financing deal. As best as I've been able to read, almost all of the comments (both pro and con) have been limited to that very topic, and it feels like everyone has been rather respectful....even in their varied opinions. 

My two cents.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

So construction for construction's sake?  Just build something to reap some small local bump unto the project is completed?

Why not build something with value?  You get the construction period increase in the local economy ands then the intrinsic value the structure you paid to have built?  Isn't that intuitively a better way to spend the money?

Thanks! Now we're on the same topic. 🙂 Yes, in general construction projects are an excellent expenditure of public money. Some people think the funds are poured down the drain. They aren't. Construction projects take tax money and put them immediately back in the private sector from which the tax money came in the first place, with only a small fraction going to public administration.

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

With all due moderator respect....this single thread is devoted to the recent stadium financing deal. As best as I've been able to read, almost all of the comments (both pro and con) have been limited to that very topic, and it feels like everyone has been rather respectful....even in their varied opinions. 

My two cents.

Thanks! Now we're on the same topic. 🙂 Yes, in general construction projects are an excellent expenditure of public money. Some people think the funds are poured down the drain. They aren't. Construction projects take tax money and put them immediately back in the private sector from which the tax money came in the first place, with only a small fraction going to public administration.

Agreed, but constructing this is pouring public money into the drain.  Its a 1.35 billion monument to what amounts to extortion.  Build the same amount in housing.  Instant value to many who actually helped fund it, that last way beyond the trucks pulling away and the ribbon cutting.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Until folks start posting manufactured faux political articles and hollering about how THEY DO NOT END UP ON THE FAMILY AND CHILDREN SERVICES in all caps, which drags the thread into the kind of irrelevant political screaming matches about made-up bullspit that 90% of the Bills fans in this community don't want polluting their forum.

So pretty please, with sugar in top, stow that ****.

image.png.96d4062e7532bf9b4f97fe51ce581d98.png

How they extrapolate "majority of NY voters" from a poll sample size of 812 is a bit of a stretch.   The poll operator is clearly a Jets fan

Edited by Lost
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

Until folks start posting manufactured faux political articles and hollering about how THEY DO NOT END UP ON THE FAMILY AND CHILDREN SERVICES in all caps, which drags the thread into the kind of irrelevant political screaming matches about made-up bullspit that 90% of the Bills fans in this community don't want polluting their forum.

So pretty please, with sugar in top, stow that ****.

image.png.96d4062e7532bf9b4f97fe51ce581d98.png

Good luck

Go Bills

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lost said:

How they extrapolate "majority of NY voters" from a poll sample size of 812 is a bit of a stretch.   The poll operator is clearly a Jets fan

The majority of voters would oppose virtually every government expenditure if they were asked about them separately. The premise of the article is complete garbage. 

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The majority of voters would oppose virtually every government expenditure if they were asked about them separately. That premise of the article is complete garbage. 

the Post in general is complete garbage.

• Like (+1) 1