Patterson back to Falcons

BillsMafi$

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Because Arthur Smith and the Falcons are the first situation where he has thrived?  Why risk a change?

There's no better team/Offense/OC where he could be even better?  That Offense is down to him and Pitts.  Matty Ice is done.

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

maybe patterson was doing the right thing in his mind who knows.. I couldn't care less what he does

Fair enough.  I don't read minds.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's no better team/Offense/OC where he could be even better?  That Offense is down to him and Pitts.  Matty Ice is done.

Fair enough.  I don't read minds.

I'm sure he enjoyed getting so many touches last year after years of being underutilized.  Yeah, guys want to win, but they also want to play.  It is a game after all.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm sure he enjoyed getting so many touches last year after years of being underutilized.  Yeah, guys want to win, but they also want to play.  It is a game after all.

Bills could use a guy like that right now.  Many teams would give him plenty of touches-no??

Maybe even a game or 2  on national TV as well......

• Dislike 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why? They're a terrible team going nowhere.

They use him in a unique way that maximizes his value and playing time. He could go to another team and not be used the same way.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

They use him in a unique way that maximizes his value and playing time. He could go to another team and not be used the same way.

Kamara, Jones, Ekeler are used in this way to good effect on better teams.  Bills would definitely get him the touches.  In fact, because of the numbers he just put up, this is exactly why a team would bring him in, obviously---to be used in the same way.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Kamara, Jones, Ekeler are used in this way to good effect on better teams.  Bills would definitely get him the touches.  In fact, because of the numbers he just put up, this is exactly why a team would bring him in, obviously---to be used in the same way.  

From his perspective, he doesn't know if another team will be able to achieve that for him. Better teams have better targets that eat up the share of targets. He can continue to be the main engine in that offense.

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

1 year wonder, glad the kid is finally being utilized correctly.  It was the right decision to stay with ATL.  

I think a one year deal with Buffalo would have been better for him.  He’d put up better numbers here. 

That said, I bet ATL is paying him to try to keep Ryan happy after going after Watson and losing Gage in FA and the stud WR (totally blanking) to gambling suspension.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

From his perspective, he doesn't know if another team will be able to achieve that for him. Better teams have better targets that eat up the share of targets. He can continue to be the main engine in that offense.

I guess. He's done it once there....

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

IDK, it took him until this 5th team at the age of 30 to breakout.  Can't blame him for wanting to stay where he was finally used.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

IDK, it took him until this 5th team at the age of 30 to breakout.  Can't blame him for wanting to stay where he was finally used.

I think some people on here are under the assumption that if you don't take a cheap deal to play for the Bills you don't want to win

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Apparently he doesn't care about winning.

There are limited opportunities in landing a "life changing" contract in the NFL. There are plenty of financially broke former scrub players out there with rings. Can't blame him for cashing in.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

There are limited opportunities in landing a "life changing" contract in the NFL. There are plenty of financially broke former scrub players out there with rings. Can't blame him for cashing in.

Those scrub players may have won a ring but chances are good many of those rings get sold for cash when that player runs low on cash.  Now those 0layers who took care to set aside some funds will maybe keep their rings but I'd suspect that's not the majority.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.