Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

25 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

I wish these long threads had summary updates every new page. 

Summary:

some dude:  No RB rd 1, value”

some guy:  “but Jonathan Taylor”

another dude:  “but OL”

another guy:  “but Jonathan Taylor!!”

rando: “we need an elite back”

another rando: “elite backs never win Super Bowls”

sucka mc:  “but Jonathan Taylor”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Summary:

Never mind the fact that Jonathan Taylor went in the second round lol

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

But Jonathan Taylor!!

Last night I finished watching every carry and catch from halls career 

Scouting report incoming 

I think he's really good but I still compare him to another running back that went in .... Shocker.. second round

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Scouting report incoming 

I think he's really good but I still compare him to another running back that went in .... Shocker.. second round

I agree, he is really good.

If we want him in round 2, we’ll have to trade down from 25 or trade up from 57. 

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Never mind the fact that Jonathan Taylor went in the second round lol

Come on! Sometimes the talent evaluators use other mitigating factors to drop a player's value. With Taylor they were concerned about his usage in college or the fact they didn't throw him the ball. Using revisionist history, how many teams would take him in the 1st? How many teams would let Tom Brady fall to pick 199? Thurman Thomas fell to the 2nd rd because teams were concerned about his knee injury. 

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Scouting report incoming 

Thurman Thomas

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Probably ... 33-40 probably a sweet spot if he falls to rd2

He won't get pass Arizona if Murray is back

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

How was it? I think I just missed it as they are doing move the sticks now. 

He smiled when they asked him about the Bills. Said he feels he's the best RB in the draft

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Come on! Sometimes the talent evaluators use other mitigating factors to drop a player's value. With Taylor they were concerned about his usage in college or the fact they didn't throw him the ball. Using revisionist history, how many teams would take him in the 1st? How many teams would let Tom Brady fall to pick 199? Thurman Thomas fell to the 2nd rd because teams were concerned about his knee injury. 

Thurman Thomas

Here’s the problem….You’re operating under the assumption that Breece Hall is as good as JT.  If an NFL FO thinks Hall is Taylor, they may take him rd 1.  Beane included.  If they don’t take him rd 1, they don’t feel the same as you.  As of right now, NFL FO >> you.  We’ll see how they feel in a week 

Murray isn’t going anywhere.  You think AZ will pick him with their first pick?

Edited by NewEra

31 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Thurman Thomas

No not Thurman 

He reminds me a lot of a three down back from Tulane 15 years ago 

The size, strength, speed combination... The ability to catch the ball out of the backfield 

Plus vision and wiggle to hit the cut back and make defenders Miss in space... Long run away speed  

Good contact balance and can run through arm tackles... And even push the pile a little ... Solid stiff arm

I see a matt forte type player who was really good.. that was my comp Midway through the year and still is

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Come on! Sometimes the talent evaluators use other mitigating factors to drop a player's value. With Taylor they were concerned about his usage in college or the fact they didn't throw him the ball. 

The usage, his fumbling, and the fact he didn't catch the ball much were knocks on him. I liked him. I liked AJ Dillon too. I like Breece Hall. We'll see how the board falls, but I probably wouldn't go with him in Round 1 unless there's none of the top CB's or WR's left. 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

The usage, his fumbling, and the fact he didn't catch the ball much were knocks on him. I liked him. I liked AJ Dillon too. I like Breece Hall. We'll see how the board falls, but I probably wouldn't go with him in Round 1 unless there's none of the top CB's or WR's left. 

I think that’s how it will play out, but really boils down to one thing imo.  Does Beane have Hall as a first rd prospect.  If all of the 1st rd graded WR/CB/OL are gone, Hall will likely be the pick @ 25….only if we have a 1st rd grade on him or if we can’t find a partner to trade down with.  

3 hours ago, Dr. Football said:

Edwards-hillarie ran a 4.61, I’d be pissed if we took him in the first round, sure he’s decent, but if he ran a 4.38 I think our conversation about him would be different! I hope we take Hall and I hope I’m right about what he can do in our offense! You should be too! 😂

IF we take Hall, I hope you are right as well. I will root for him just like every player on our team. IF we don't take him, I hope he sucks!😁

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

IF we take Hall, I hope you are right as well. I will root for him just like every player on our team. IF we don't take him, I hope he sucks!😁

Absolutely!!! 🍻 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Scouting report incoming 

Who's your comp?

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Here’s the problem….You’re operating under the assumption that Breece Hall is as good as JT.  If an NFL FO thinks Hall is Taylor, they may take him rd 1.  Beane included.  If they don’t take him rd 1, they don’t feel the same as you.  As of right now, NFL FO >> you.  We’ll see how they feel in a week 

Murray isn’t going anywhere.  You think AZ will pick him with their first pick?

The real problem is assuming JT would be JT in an offense with JA.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Summary:

Leonard Fournette went top 5.  Just sayin.....he was dam near their MVP.

These past 20 years are such an outlier because the ultimate outlier at QB won 9 freaking Super Bowls or whatever.  

Now that that's over lol ...... the last 5 Super Bowls featured the very run heavy 49ers, the very balanced Rams offense (once with Todd Gurley), Joe Mixon, and Patrick Mahomes (Damien Williams I believe was getting the carries when they won).  Did I see Nick Foles hold up the Lombardi or was I dreaming that?  That team had an elite oline.  Jay Ajayi and Lagarette Blount!

RBs may not win you SBs but you need to have a legitimate running game not centered around the QB.  

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

The real problem is assuming JT would be JT in an offense with JA.

That’s really not a problem at all.  

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

These past 20 years are such an outlier because the ultimate outlier at QB won 9 freaking Super Bowls or whatever.  

Now that that's over lol ...... the last 5 Super Bowls featured the very run heavy 49ers, the very balanced Rams offense (once with Todd Gurley), Joe Mixon, and Patrick Mahomes (Damien Williams I believe was getting the carries when they won).  Did I see Nick Foles hold up the Lombardi or was I dreaming that?  That team had an elite oline.  Jay Ajayi and Lagarette Blount!

RBs may not win you SBs but you need to have a legitimate running game not centered around the QB.  

But what does this have to do with Jonathan Taylor?  

26 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Actually it goes against having an elite RB.  The winners had guys like Fournette (cut and a FA), I believe Sony Michel in LA - another guy that was moved from his drafted team.  Damien Williams an UDFA on his 2nd team.  Philadelphia had multiple very average backs.  

Not one 1st round RB on his original team leading the team to victory.

What it shows is that you can get a RB anywhere be it FA, trade, UDFA and as long as they and the OLine can give you a touch of balance - you have a shot.  

What you do not need is to draft a RB in the 1st or 2nd round and expect it to make you a sudden Super Bowl contender.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Late in the draft process there is information overload and you can begin to doubt some of the things you KNOW are right.

When you are considering a RB in round 1...........ask this simple question.............in the past 30 years what RB that the Bills could have picked in round 1 that subsequently went in round 1 did the Bills live to regret NOT taking with that pick?

There aren't any.

But they should regret ALL of the RB's they have taken in round 1 in that time frame.

None of them even got a second contract and that was BEFORE not giving RB's second contracts was accepted as the best move. 

Your 1st round pick is a chance to add a franchise building block..........RB's are just short term rental-level impact for your franchise........and the notion that a rookie RB of any ilk is the final piece of any SB puzzle has proven to be without merit for decades now.

For the first 25 of the last 30 years the Bills stunk because Ralph Wilson and his hand-picked successor, Russ Brandon, put maximizing profits ahead of winning football games.  The Bills did not start prioritizing winning over maximizing profits until 2018 because Pegula kept Brandon in power after he purchased the team.  It was only after Russ Brandon got the boot and Beane was given real GM power (including setting budgets for coaches, scouting, etc) did the Bills start putting winning ahead of profits.

Once the salary cap was instituted in 1994, the Bills didn't give many of their first round draft picks second contracts not just RBs but also DBs whom they traded out with regularity. 

1994 - Jeff Burris  DB  1994-1998

1995  - Ruben Brown G 1995-2003 9 times Pro Bowler, 8 times with the Bills, 1 time with Bears

1996 - Eric Moulds WR 1996-2005   3 times Pro Bowler for Bills

1997 - Antowain Smith RB 1997-2000  won 2 SB rings with New England in 2001 and 2003

1998 - no first round pick

1999 - Antoine Winfield CB 1999-2003  3 times Pro Bowler for the Vikings

2000- Erik Flowers DE 2000-2001

2001 - Nate Clements DB 2001-2006 Pro Bowler for the Bills

2002 - Mike Williams OT 2002-2005

2003 - Willis McGahee RB 2003-2006  Pro Bowler with both Ravens and Broncos

2004 - Lee Evans WR 2004 -2010

2004 - JP Losman QB 2004-2008

2005 - no first round pick

2006 - Donte Whitner S 2006-2010 Pro Bowler for 49ers and Browns 

2006 - John McCargo DT 2006-2010

2007 - Marshawn Lynch RB 2007-2010  Pro Bowler for Bills, 4 times Pro Bowler and 1 time All Pro for Seahawks won SB with Seahawks in 2014

2008 - Leotis McKelvin DB 2008-2015

2009 - Aaron Maybin DE 2009-2010

2009 - Eric Wood 0C 2009-2017

2010 - CJ Spiller RB 2010-2014  Pro Bowler for Bills

2011 - Marcell Dareus DT 2011-2017 2 time Pro Bowler, 1 time All Pro for Bills

2012 - Stephon Gilmore CB 2012-2016  1 time Pro Bowler for Bills, 3 times Pro Bowler and 2 time All Pro for Patriots, 1 time Pro Bowler for Panthers

2013 - EJ Manuel QB 2013-2016

2014 - Sammy Watkins WR 2014-2016

2015 - no first round pick

2016 - Shaq Lawson DE 2016-2019

2017 - Tre'Davious White 2017-present   2 times Pro Bowler for Bills

Brown, Moulds, and Dareus were the only outstanding first round players at their positions that the Bills signed to second contracts until Beane re-signed Tre White.  Brown, Winfield, McGahee, Whitner, Lynch, and Gilmore were all named to Pro Bowls after the Bills either released them, declined to re-sign them or traded them.  Lynch and Gilmore were also named All Pros after leaving the Bills.  Both also won Super Bowl rings as did Antowain Smith.  Ruben Brown also played in a Super Bowl with Bears while the Bills didn't even play in the post season from 2000 until 2017. The Bills failed to draft particularly well in the first round for most of the last 30 years, and they compounded their problems by sending most of the best players they developed packing rather than paying them.  For most of the 2000s, the Bills were irrelevant to the NFL except as a farm club for other teams.  

It wasn't drafting McGahee, Spiller and Lynch that caused that any more than it was drafting Winfield, Clements, Whitner and Gilmore.   They were all good players.  The Bills were a dysfunctional franchise for most of the last 30 years.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Actually it goes against having an elite RB.  The winners had guys like Fournette (cut and a FA), I believe Sony Michel in LA - another guy that was moved from his drafted team.  Damien Williams an UDFA on his 2nd team.  Philadelphia had multiple very average backs.  

Not one 1st round RB on his original team leading the team to victory.

What it shows is that you can get a RB anywhere be it FA, trade, UDFA and as long as they and the OLine can give you a touch of balance - you have a shot.  

What you do not need is to draft a RB in the 1st or 2nd round and expect it to make you a sudden Super Bowl contender.

When Singletary inevitably leaves, the replacement is locked in.  

I wouldn't expect the RB we take in whatever RD to come in and dominate.  

But as compliment to Motor in year 1...where they keep each other fresh makes this offense better - if Hall is the real deal.  

Not going to hate the pick.  

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

When Singletary inevitably leaves, the replacement is locked in.  

I wouldn't expect the RB we take in whatever RD to come in and dominate.  

But as compliment to Motor in year 1...where they keep each other fresh makes this offense better - if Hall is the real deal.  

Not going to hate the pick.  

This is why I think we draft Hall. We will likely be looking for his replacement given the cap situation. 

This is why I think we draft Hall. We will likely be looking for his replacement given the cap situation. 

lol now it’s the “cap situation” why we need to draft this guy. Funny that wasn’t mentioned when you started this thread to brigade for Hall.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

lol now it’s the “cap situation” why we need to draft this guy. Funny that wasn’t mentioned when you started this thread to brigade for Hall.

I think Hall is very talented, cap situation isn’t the only reason why we should draft Breece. It’s unlikely we give Singletary a new contract when we can get a rookie RB with equal or better production. 

I think Hall is very talented, cap situation isn’t the only reason why we should draft Breece. It’s unlikely we give Singletary a new contract when we can get a rookie RB with equal or better production. 

well yes it’s certainly possible that Motor doesn’t get a 2nd contract, but that’s a stance reflective of a general opinion on RB’s worth that seems to be taking hold around the league. It has nothing to do with the cap - it’s easy to find money for a RB since, again, their position isn’t highly valued and an extension for Motor wouldn’t cost much.

All this, of course, also goes against your opinion that drafting Hall in the 1st round is worth it. He’s not; no running back is. 

edit: probably already posted in this long rambling thread, but the draft network guys seem to agree:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/breece-hall

Also, how exactly is this guy a “bigger” Marshawn? He’s taller by a couple inches, sure (not always good for a RB.) They play at basically same weight.

Edited by JoPoy88

18 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I think you are going to be awfully disappointed on draft night, you might get your wish in round 2 though.

You may be right, TBD has spoken... Breece in the 2nd for the Bills