Haack restructures contract

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

There's no way they think he's the guy. He's legitimately the worst in the nfl and had arguably one of the worst single games in nfl history, and we are restructuring..... are we paying him 1 mill to just hold?

His guarantee was cancelled so no.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Sounds like we are drafting Araiza😉😉

As little as I think we’ll be punting, I’d consider him in round 5.  

Haack did the right thing in taking a paycut.  His next job may not play games on sunday

I would be fine if Araiza was selected in the 1st round by Buffalo.  Ray Guy was a 1st round pick and that really paid dividends to the Raiders for years.  It's a game of field position and if you have a punter that can add 20 or so yards to the average punt, you have something very special.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The fixation on a punter on a team with a top D and top 3 O is mystifying.

Week 1 disagrees...we lost the ability to host KC by 1 solitary game. You may not need a great punter all the time, but if a critical game comes down to a big punt I'd rather have Araiza then some Haack.

3 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Why?? Cut him!! He’s terrible. 

They got rid of the guarantee. They will draft a punter in the late rounds. If they go with the rookie the savings will only be about 600k. If Haack kicks better then he is still cheap. Good move that won't make one bit of difference on the 2022 season outcome.

12 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Ok fine.  Can we change his position to “holder”?

If he’s strictly a punter, and we do the math, if he were to punt twice a game on average for 17 games, with the time it takes him to get it off this is barely minimum wage. 

"#DUUUVAL Logan Cooke is that young superstar to build the team around"

"-if the Packers win it all, it will be because they signed bojo"

I mean I get that they're an account dedicated to punters, but holy crap I think they're a little too high on their own supply.  You don't win championships, or build teams around, punters.

14 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Week 1 disagrees...we lost the ability to host KC by 1 solitary game. You may not need a great punter all the time, but if a critical game comes down to a big punt I'd rather have Araiza then some Haack.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You just need a guy who doesn't mess up. Unfortunately the Bills have Matt Haack.

SB bound teams don't blame a blocked punt in week 1 (where a crappy Steelers Offense scored 10 other points in the 4th Q and the Bills couldn't covert a 4th and 1 on the Steelers 41) on their inability to lock up home field advantage. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

SB bound teams don't blame a blocked punt in week 1 (where a crappy Steelers Offense scored 10 other points in the 4th Q and the Bills couldn't covert a 4th and 1 on the Steelers 41) on their inability to lock up home field advantage. 

Maybe not but I would settle for a punter who can do the basics. Haack just plain sucks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.