Brandon Beane looking for speed ? Cardinals grant WR Andy Isabella permission to seek trade

HOUSE

image.png.ed7d44be6e04331bb92e86c5fdd13344.png

Andy Isabella's time in Arizona appears to be coming to an end.

Isabella's agent, Bradley Blank, told CBS Sports' Josina Anderson on Wednesday that he's been permitted to seek a trade.

"I think we have all concluded, including the Cardinals, that it might be best for Andy to get a fresh start," Blank told Anderson.

The Cardinals drafted Isabella in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft with designs of the UMass product adding a speed element to the receivering corps. That hasn't worked out.

With teams constantly looking for speed, it's possible a club could view it worth taking a flyer on Isabella in 2022, especially if they had high grades on him coming out of college. His lack of production indicates the cost in any trade wouldn't be steep -- possibly as low as a swap of draft selections.

4.31 seconds

His 2019 NFL Combine 40-yard dash turbo speed of 4.31 seconds was another reason to keep him. "His explosiveness, his speed, he can play inside and outside, very conscientious player, can play special teams, can be in the return game," Kingsbury said

https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-grant-wr-andy-isabella-permission-to-seek-trade

https://www.google.com/search?q=andy+isabella+40+speed&client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=HtAfYt6-IeuDwbkPh7u0-Ak&oq=Andy+Isabella+spped&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYAjIECAAQDTIGCAAQDRAeMggIABAIEA0QHjoHCAAQRxCwAzoLCC4QgAQQsQMQgwE6CwgAEIAEELEDEIMBOgQIABBDOgUIABCABDoFCAAQxAI6BggAEBYQHjoFCCEQoAFKBAhBGABKBAhGGABQiAxYtCtg40toAXABeACAAcYEiAGAGpIBCTAuMS40LTMuM5gBAKABAcgBCMABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Intriguing.

All depends on the price.

Won't be expensive

With teams constantly looking for speed, it's possible a club could view it worth taking a flyer on Isabella in 2022, especially if they had high grades on him coming out of college. His lack of production indicates the cost in any trade wouldn't be steep -- possibly as low as a swap of draft selections.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Won't be expensive

Oh I know, he won't be expensive as far as money goes.

I'm just wondering what the Cardinals expect in return. I'd offer no higher than a 6th.

Isabella is worth a look.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

There will be a few speed options if he's serious. Isabella likely would be the least expensive option. DJ Chark and John Ross are both options, however both would be a tad costly and have some injury concerns. 

I fully expect a true blazing WR to be brought in. 

Tyreek hill runs a 4.29 40 Isabella a 4.31

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Tyreek hill runs a 4.29 40 Isabella a 4.31

Well, he’s certainly fast enough! My main question is WHY he produced so little. I was curious about him coming out of college, and would have expected more. How are his routes? Hands? Coverage awareness? Or is he just fast? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Let me ask him

He says yes

Apparently, he's returned 1 punt and 8 KOs in his illustrious career.  And in 2021, he caught 1 pass for 13 yards.  Was he injured?  If not, I'd say the Cards would be lucky to get a 6th or 7th rd pick for him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Apparently, he's returned 1 punt and 8 KOs in his illustrious career.  And in 2021, he caught 1 pass for 13 yards.  Was he injured?  If not, I'd say the Cards would be lucky to get a 6th or 7th rd pick for him.

Yes, but if he was a used car, his ad would read 'Barely Driven!' 😁

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

In 2018, he led the country in receiving yards per game (141.5) and was named to the 2018 College Football All-America Team. Isabella was Pro Football Focus's highest rated wide receiver in college football, posting a season grade of 93.2.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Isabella

Edited by HOUSE
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HOUSE said:

In 2018, he led the country in receiving yards per game (141.5) and was named to the 2018 College Football All-America Team. Isabella was Pro Football Focus's highest rated wide receiver in college football, posting a season grade of 93.2.[12]

Hey, I loved him coming out of UMass, but he's done absolutely nothing in three years in the league, on a team that loves to throw the ball...

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Yes, but if he was a used car, his ad would read 'Barely Driven!' 😁

Certified Pre-owned…, 

37 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I would be willing to give up a 4th rounder

Wow seems steep for how little production he has had in 3 years.  3 TDs on 31 career catches.  13.7 YPC stat is impressive and some long (88, 54) receptions in there in year 1 and 2.  Only one catch in 2021, his year 3 and only 8 game appearances too - not sure if he was hurt - no mention here  https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/26/nfl-trade-deadline-arizona-cardinals-andy-isabella-candidate/

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

Can he return punts and KOs?

looks like only 1 PR for 1 Yd and 8 KO returns for 166 yds in 3 years, not a strength.  He has had 50 total touches as receiver, rusher or returner in 3 years.  Something  seems amiss to me given he was taken in 2nd rd 2019. - would only offer a 7th 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Isabella

He’s a Modern Day Zay Jones! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

Wow seems steep for how little production he has had in 3 years.  3 TDs on 31 career catches.  13.7 YPC stat is impressive and some long (88, 54) receptions in there in year 1 and 2.  Only one catch in 2021, his year 3 and only 8 game appearances too - not sure if he was hurt - no mention here  https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/26/nfl-trade-deadline-arizona-cardinals-andy-isabella-candidate/

looks like only 1 PR for 1 Yd and 8 KO returns for 166 yds in 3 years, not a strength.  He has had 50 total touches as receiver, rusher or returner in 3 years.  Something  seems amiss to me given he was taken in 2nd rd 2019. - would only offer a 7th 

Another Hallmark movie in the making:

"Andy Isabella led the nation while in college...but as a pro, he languishes on the bench.  Can he convince his coach and his girl he's got moxie?"

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I will I will give the Cardinals Matt Haak + my old Beta VCR

Throw in an 8 track with your full collection of tapes to close the deal! Make it happen! 

I seriously have to wonder what happened to him! 

• Like (+1) 1

I saw only one highlight and it showed him catching the ball with his chest not his hands. I need to see more, speed is fine but you also need to catch fast balls with your hands b.c it will bounce off your chest.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.