Brandon Beane interview on Eric Wood podcast

YoloinOhio

Would you rather have Superbowl parade start in Buffalo and end in Orchard Park or start in Orchard Park and end in Buffalo?

This is one of the questions for Beane.  Knowing how Bills fans like to tailgate he thinks better to end in Orchard Park.

On blue cheese vs ranch dressing Beane was a ranch person but now likes both blue cheese and ranch on wings.

Thinks OL hardest to scout (other than QB) because some teams are just pass, pass, pass.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Would you rather have Superbowl parade start in Buffalo and end in Orchard Park or start in Orchard Park and end in Buffalo?

This is one of the questions for Beane.  Knowing how Bills fans like to tailgate he thinks better to end in Orchard Park.

That's a great question, just because it sure is fun to think about.

Realistically, it would all be downtown, right? Like a Delaware Ave route similar to the St Patrick's day parade?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

What would the path be from buffalo to op?

Would it make more sense to start up in Amherst/Williamsville/clearance area on transit and just drive all the way down to the stadium? Would there be enough fans to line the streets? 

One thing I would not doubt regardless of whatever crazy route they come up with, the streets will be PACKED with Bills fans. It will be the entire Erie county population. Schools will close.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

What would the path be from buffalo to op?

Would it make more sense to start up in Amherst/Williamsville/clearance area on transit and just drive all the way down to the stadium? Would there be enough fans to line the streets? 

And I assume you mean Clarence and that is quite a distance. Maybe you meant Lancaster.

Beane mentioned Orchard Park.  Some want to move stadium and parade out of Orchard Park.

There probably will be pressure for it to be partly in Buffalo so I would assume it would start at Sahlen Field (so more could be there) and would proceed via South Park and Abbott road to Bills stadium.

image.png.4c16022104deda8e72d9a813626f14c7.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

One thing I would not doubt regardless of whatever crazy route they come up with, the streets will be PACKED with Bills fans. It will be the entire Erie county population. Schools will close.

Be more than Erie County residents showing up for that. I (a season ticket holder) live in Niagara County, for example. Many other season ticket holders and fanatics alike live throughout Western and upstate NY and Southern Ontario. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Be more than Erie County residents showing up for that. I (a season ticket holder) live in Niagara County, for example. Many other season ticket holders and fanatics alike live throughout Western and upstate NY and Southern Ontario. 

I mean, I live in Atlanta and I, along with most of our 1500 members of Bills Backers Atlanta, would be there too! :thumbsup:

I'd expect a lot of Bills fans who are scattered across the country to be in town for it. Cant wait!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

On blue cheese vs ranch dressing Beane was a ranch person but now likes both blue cheese and ranch on wings.

Thinks OL hardest to scout (other than QB) because some teams are just pass, pass, pass.

Well all we do is pass pass pass so it shouldn't be that difficult.

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Bills fans from all over the world would travel to WNY for the celebration. I know I would make the 6 hour drive from NJ. The celebration would be epic. It would certainly beat the Rams celebration in front of their small fair weather fanbase.

I will come to Buffalo for such a parade. Have already waited 32 years for it, so wont miss attending when it actually happens 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

Bills fans from all over the world would travel to WNY for the celebration. I know I would make the 6 hour drive from NJ. The celebration would be epic. It would certainly beat the Rams celebration in front of their small fair weather fanbase.

100% agreed!! Absolutely right that people would travel from all over. I will be one of them for sure. Haven't made the 13hr ride in over 10 yrs due to hip/knee issues, but as the wife has known from day one, when that day arrives I will tough it out and be there for a Championship celebration parade.

I will definitely be in pain and even more afterwards, but it will be worth every bit of it.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

I'd totally come to town for that celebration. My cousin lives in south Buffalo and told his wife if the Bills win the Super Bowl he's leaving the house for several days and to not bother looking for him.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane sounds like a such a cool guy so I get why people love him.   But it’s almost prohibited to say anything negative about him.  

He basically confirmed what most of suggested - he’s not a fan of trading 1-3 rounds picks for an established player unless on a short term deal.  So you won’t see him go “all in” the way LAR and TB have done the past two seasons.  He’s philosophically opposed to this idea.  

He also alluded to drafting more DL or OL.  I’m all for getting better linemen for Josh but Beane’s picks on the defense line have been mostly unsuccessful.  

All these ideas sound practical but for anyone hoping for a “big swing” in 2022, don’t expect it to happen.  I have a feeling the Bills replace departed players with new acquisitions that are going to perform at a similar level.  

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

There is also this from the official Bills site…. No idea what the ***** Tasker is talking about but he’s towing company line…. And I hate the philosophy. Stop being so damn conservative and bring some elite players in here to get you over the top.

Well, imo I do believe quite a bit more will be done this off season than we saw last year. I mean considering this team is a nut sack hair away from a Championship, you'd think he'd get at least 1 or 2 players possibly somehow that he feels  will get them there. 

Interested to see how this plays out

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes… to be fair, in his interview with Wood, Beane wasn’t against trading picks for established players at all… he just mentioned being careful with the cap and details of players contract. 

Yeah but I came away with thinking he was pretty much against the short terms moves that we’ve seen from LAR and TB the past two seasons.    Which is what some of us think the Bills need to do to get over the hump 

I don’t think he would be interested in trading a 3rd round pick to rent a player like Von Miller for half a season.   That totally makes sense, but then again Miller was a big reason why the won the Super Bowl.  

The example they brought up was Stephon Diggs.  They did trade a 1st and 3rd but Diggs was under contract for several seasons reasons at a reasonable salary.  I think these are the moves that Beane will be looking to, rather than taking 1 year gambles on premiere players 

Edited by JohnNord

On 2/17/2022 at 4:32 AM, Greg S said:

When the Bills win that chip I’m on the red eye out of California that same night.  I don’t smoke but I’ll be handing out cigars like I just had a baby.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea, he made the point about one injury away from derailing that season and being screwed the next few seasons because of that big move you made…. Which I understand but sometimes you gotta take some risks…. And I think he values his picks way too much. 

While I want a Super Bowl championship as much as anyone, I respect that Beane is not a “this year or bust” kind of GM.  I do understand fans like you looking for the splashy move to “get over the top” but the Bills were literally 13 seconds from probably being in the SB this season — after losing arguably their best defensive player.  Every draft pick is a risk; I don’t think Beane is gun-shy or afraid of anything.  He simply has a different philosophy not everyone agrees with.  It’s so easy to sit back as a fan and point out the misses on players or coaches, but compare what Beane and McD have built to the other 31 franchises and tell me which one you’d rather be a fan of (and why)?  I can tell you that friends of mine who are fans of other teams now look at my Bills paraphernalia with envy.

Without making a single splashy move the Bills are the co-betting favorites to win next year’s Super Bowl.  I’ll take that every year.

The interview was excellent.

• Agree 3

Beane always tells you something when he talks. Trading away premium picks for 1 year rentals is not for him. Would he trade away a premium pick for a premium asset where there was more longevity involved? He has already proved he would with Diggs and I have no doubt he would be willing to again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They were 13 seconds away after an incredible performance from Josh who absolutely carried the team… despite the talent disparity between the two teams. I think they need one more elite player on both sides of the ball and should do what it takes to get them…. I’ve said since it last off-season, it’s a solid but not spectacular roster surrounded by an elite QB. They need better players around him. 

Yeah, you didn’t answer my question — you just repeated your desire for splashy moves.  Beane understands what he needs to do to keep improving the roster.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It was a dumb question… of course I’d rather be a Bills fan...  but  I’d rather they take more of a KC/Rams approach to FA and swing big when necessary…. The Bills are missing elite talent outside of Josh, White, and maybe Diggs…. If they had two more guys on both sides of the ball nobody is beating them. 

I dunno, man...every year you beat your chest over another team you wish the Bills were more like.  You're typically wrong.  The Jets, the Browns...

I'm pretty certain at least 25, and perhaps as many 28 or 29, NFL fan bases wish their teams operated more like the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea, he made the point about one injury away from derailing that season and being screwed the next few seasons because of that big move you made…. Which I understand but sometimes you gotta take some risks…. And I think he values his picks way too much. 

This isn't a criticism, just an observation: from reading your posts over a long period of time, I realize your instincts and mine are pretty much exactly opposite. 

Some people who post here fall, in my mind, into the category of "fools." You do not. But when the traffic light is turning yellow, you hit the gas while I hit the brake. I don't think either choice is the "right" one--very few choices are right all of the time, but still.... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.