This Friggin' Guy, Allen sends Vet(and wife) to Super Bowl

The Wiz

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Sounds like some type of pre-arranged commitment, not something Josh is doing on his own.  The military pays these pro sports leagues for all the "honoring" they get before and during games.

It's marketing.

You must be fun at parties. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

"Giving up a successful career to serve our country and enlist in the U.S. Army is incredibly admirable."

Maybe Allen is actually speaking to this guy's specific story and there'ssome unknown context, but this sounds weird by itself.

Serving in the military for a multiple tours is in itself a successfull career. The pay, experience, benefits and training you get is incredible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Sounds like some type of pre-arranged commitment, not something Josh is doing on his own.  The military pays these pro sports leagues for all the "honoring" they get before and during games.

It's marketing.

Yea the USAA and VFWHQ twitter account is full of other players donating tickets to Vets and agreeing to meeting with them while golfing in a tournament the same day.

I should have known better.  :rolleyes:

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It's marketing.

SSGT Cory Geisler is a Bears fan.  You would think they could have paired him up with a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's marketing.

Well I'm sure the vet appreciates it. If I got to go to the Superbowl the last thing I would care about is if it was for marketing. But in my experience from the military I probably would have gotten my leave denied for some dumb reason.

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The pay, experience, benefits and training you get is incredible.

100% chance I wouldn't have the career I have now without the military. But I missed the "incredible pay" portion in my enlistment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

12 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Not only is he playing in the Pebble Beach Pro-Am this weekend but took it upon himself to send a Vet and his wife to the super bowl and plans to meet up with them.

https://13wham.com/news/local/josh-allen-gives-veteran-a-trip-to-super-bowl?fbclid=IwAR1lUg02-SbGMY3drabFrHtP5VQDT0XrmH45EC4PyaHo2pS-2AVvYpJ6BQE

Merge if needed.

Class act.

Also this post now has 17 trophies, no more trophy reactions

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Well I'm sure the vet appreciates it. If I got to go to the Superbowl the last thing I would care about is if it was for marketing. But in my experience from the military I probably would have gotten my leave denied for some dumb reason.

100% chance I wouldn't have the career I have now without the military. But I missed the "incredible pay" portion in my enlistment.

Yeah I totally disagree with that post.  There's nothing great about an Army career unless you're doing what you grew up wanting to do, and even then there's no "incredible pay," lol. If you want the incredible pay you better be ready for 30 years and a commission and hope to make General before they push you out.

Other than that, the Army can be a great tool to get a great job, like you and me, but if you don't have a plan and just stay in enlisted, you're absolutely giving up a better career. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My takeaway from this is that we will start seeing USAA commercials with Josh Allen instead of Gronk.  I'm cool with that.

Yes! With Josh doing something FOR the vets instead of trying to weasel a benefit that's only for vets. I hate the Rodgers and Mahomes commercials, featuring millionaires who think they're entitled to a discount on car insurance, but the Gronk commercial is even more insulting.

I know, I know - it's scripted. But if he had any dignity, he'd turn down that script.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.