Malik Willis: The next Josh Allen?

YoloinOhio

53 minutes ago, BidsJr said:

There will never be a "next" Josh Allen.

I do wonder if there is another QB like Josh that defied more modern scouting techniques will more teams return to drafting big arm QB's with strong physical profiles? The old adage was that you could more easily fix accuracy than straighten someone's arm. But quickly that was disproven by the amount of big arm QB's with accuracy issues not fixing those issues throughout their pro-careers. With Josh's success story I do wonder will there be a market correction as teams try to find the "next" Josh Allen. 

This is going to become an annual thing involving any QB that has a strong arm and is mobile but to me it's as lazy as saying he's the next Tom Brady. You can't find another Josh. He is not made up of traits that you can look for and duplicate outside of very broad terms. Tom Brady is accurate, Josh Allen has a strong arm, etc. 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I heard from several people that Josh absolutely crushed his whiteboard breakdowns like very few before him. When I hear that about all the “next Josh Allen’s” out there, I’ll pay more attention. As for the physical comparisons, Josh has the fastest ball velocity and hand speed ever recorded, so there’s that, too. Off the charts mentally and off the charts physically is rare to say the least. 

I read that about his white board prowess as well, Josh Allen has elite Arm and Brain arrogance, it goes well with his nonstop drive to be the best. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I read that about his white board prowess as well, Josh Allen has elite Arm and Brain arrogance, it goes well with his nonstop drive to be the best. 

Go Bills!!!

Brain arrogance. 😂 Good one.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

This is going to become an annual thing involving any QB that has a strong arm and is mobile but to me it's as lazy as saying he's the next Tom Brady. You can't find another Josh. He is not made up of traits that you can look for and duplicate outside of very broad terms. Tom Brady is accurate, Josh Allen has a strong arm, etc. 

If you are old enough, do you remember when every DT was the next Warren Sapp? 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Back when we heard reports about Josh Allen's Senior Bowl week, my reaction was that I was "intrigued."  I thought he had elite traits, but needed development.  I understood at the time that having elite traits does not guarantee success in the league.  I think Ryan Leaf had some pretty elite traits too.  Now Malik Willis:  If I were a QB needy team I would be intrigued by him, but I would understand the risk.  There is always a risk in drafting any QB.  Most never become starting caliber QBs in the NFL.  Even first round QBs are hit or miss, and few every become elite out of all who are drafted.  But if you need a QB, it's nearly impossible to obtain a proven veteran.  If you draft a QB, it's rare that you can find a QB who has both polish and a full set of elite traits, ala Josh Allen.  So the teams looking for QBs in the upcoming draft will have to decide if they want to take a chance that a QB who has plenty of experience in a high level college program has enough of a skill set to help a team make the playoffs and maybe win a Super Bowl (the risk New England took with Mac Jones), or do they take a chance on a freak of nature from a school like Liberty University.  I have nothing against the guy, and the team that drafts him may or may not end up with a great one.  I'm just glad Buffalo took a chance on Josh Allen, and it turned out the way it did.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's Mayfield Josh bumps with after the completion, I think?

Yes it is! They are friends. But tbh, Josh is friends with everyone. 

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did you know Josh Allen got an interception off Josh Allen? I heard that.

ABOUT A BILLION TIMES!!!!

I had to mute “Josh Allen” on Twitter for a week after that game because I couldn’t take it anymore. I missed a bunch of stuff about our JA but I had no choice. 

Don’t hold your breath.. I’m trying to decide if he reminds me more of Russell Wilson or Tua Tagovoila. I like his ability to extend plays, he has an okay arm with pretty good touch, but what is this kid’s ceiling? Very undersized, physically his skill set is under matched, what’s the ceiling here?

Ultimately when it comes to QBs, I always veer to the side of the players who are athletic freaks. Can’t teach 6’5 with a 99mph fastball. Any good coach worth his salt should go for the athletic anomalies, not the “pro ready” QBs with low ceilings. With this kid I see neither..

It's funny.  How many experts (I didn't want him either, but I'm not an expert) said that no QB could ever have as bad a completion percentage as he did in college and succeed in the pros as it's never been done before.  Now they're looking for "the next Josh Allen"?  GTFOH.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.