Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

There are reports that Daboll was the pick when Schoen was hired. That the entire process was a complete sham.

What's wrong with knowing who you want as coach right away? 

Do you know how many companies go through an RFP process even when they already have a vendor in mind? It's policy. As it is in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

This is the downside of Rooney rule. People got the people they really like and want them but Rooney rule makes it more in a mess in this way.

According to several on this forum, just having the opportunity for a sham interview can be a transformational experience.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Anyone with any common sense knew this would happen eventually.  The NFL screwed the pooch by putting the Rooney Rule in place to start with.    You dont fight racism but putting a rule in place that judges someones interview worthiness by the color of their skin.  The racist and unfair NFL with 75% minority employment.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

The hiring process is not a sham - people will hire who they want to hire, in all types of jobs.  It happens all the time and has nothing to do with race.  What is a sham is the rule that states there must be a minority interviewed.  Get rid of the rule.

The rule is fine it gets people's foot in the door, yeah it can lead to some awkwardness like this but it's not bad in and of itself.

2 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

The Bills did the same thing interviewing two blacks coordinators knowing they were just going to promote Ken Dorsey. 

it definitely happens and I hope he wins this. Just get rid of the Rooney Rule. 

Unless the Bills were honest and up front.  But the candidates interviewed just to meet and exchange ideas.  What if Dorsey gets a HC in a few years.  they have familiarity, as long as everything is up front.

I'm sure this type of thing happens all the time, in any business.  When hiring, you have favorites and after interviewing them, you may think that is the person you want to hire but go through the motions with others.  That's not discriminatory in and of itself, rather its the rules that are ridiculous, it creates tokenism in and of itself.  Daboll is a solid choice, there's not doubt about that.  Reasonable minds can disagree who the better coach will be, who fits what the team is trying to do.  I'd put Daboll's QB guruism ahead of Flores by a mile.  

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

And so what if it was? They were FORCED to proceed with the sham. It’s the NFL and people like to work with people they know and get along with. Kind of like political appointees. Do you think those are pretty well pre determined ? It’s how the world works. 

If so, that’s against the rules.

Thats how the world works.

5 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Wow talk about career suicide!

I think that the allegation against Ross will do him more harm than the alleged racism. The Rooney Rule would seem to at least partially open the NFL up to this, and I am NOT saying that I dislike the Rooney Rule. Frankly, it doesn't sway me one way or the other.

His allegation against Ross might be true mind you, but what owner in his right mind would hire someone who just ratted out his fellow owner?

Too bad he is a defensive guy. Alabama will probably lose, or even fire O'Brien. Maybe Saban could have saved another career. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

The rule is fine it gets people's foot in the door, yeah it can lead to some awkwardness like this but it's not bad in and of itself.

It's terrible precisely because it causes things like this.  A saying comes to mind, "the road to H e double hockey sticks is made with good intentions". 

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Anyone with any common sense knew this would happen eventually.  The NFL screwed the pooch by putting the Rooney Rule in place to start with.    You dont fight racism but putting a rule in place that judges someones interview worthiness by the color of their skin.  The racist and unfair NFL with 75% minority employment.  

Players. Not coaches or front office.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.