$10-15 million dollars per second.

TC in St. Louis

After a few days of contemplation and abject misery, I came to the conclusion that the Bills played the dumbest 13 seconds in the history of sports.

Then I started to think about the economic impact.  Imagine, if you will, a home game this weekend.  Ticket sales, parking, concessions, hotels, restaurants....huge loss there.

Now let's think about the impact of winning the Super Bowl (you know we would have).  The migration to this city from Bills fans all over the country would have been unprecedented.  The parade would be the biggest in history....and the hotels would be sold out for 100 miles.  Restaurants would break all records.  Merchandise sales would be off the charts.  

I'm guessing those 13 seconds cost the city of Buffalo at least 100 million.   

Let's say the morale of the entire Bills community is elevated to the point of mayhem, and we all become more productive, resulting in great things.  And 9 months from Super Bowl Sunday about 1 million babies, all named Josh, are born.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean, I was going to get tickets and a hotel this weekend, so there's probably $1,500 of that $100M you are guesstimating. That's why we need a dome. Could have scheduled an RV show for this weekend instead, but nope - no revenue now until the summer. 

Yeah I did it. This is now a dome thread. Damn right I'd get tickets and a hotel for an RV show. 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

Yeah but imagine if we would’ve ended up losing to Cincy at home in the AFCCG,  how painful that would be.  By losing to KC we avoided that situation from happening.  Good on us.

Exactly! Can't get an even more devastating loss if your not in the game #thinkingahead

9 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

After a few days of contemplation and abject misery, I came to the conclusion that the Bills played the dumbest 13 seconds in the history of sports.

Then I started to think about the economic impact.  Imagine, if you will, a home game this weekend.  Ticket sales, parking, concessions, hotels, restaurants....huge loss there.

Now let's think about the impact of winning the Super Bowl (you know we would have).  The migration to this city from Bills fans all over the country would have been unprecedented.  The parade would be the biggest in history....and the hotels would be sold out for 100 miles.  Restaurants would break all records.  Merchandise sales would be off the charts.  

Let's say the morale of the entire Bills community is elevated to the point of mayhem, and we all become more productive, resulting in great things.  And 9 months from Super Bowl Sunday about 1 million babies, all named Josh, are born.  

I would have spent my money attending the Super Bowl, so LA would have got my money.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

I mean, I was going to get tickets and a hotel this weekend, so there's probably $1,500 of that $100M you are guesstimating. That's why we need a dome. Could have scheduled an RV show for this weekend instead, but nope - no revenue now until the summer. 

Yeah I did it. This is now a dome thread. Damn right I'd get tickets and a hotel for an RV show. 

Make it an outdoor RV show in the current stadium.    Some people like the cold/snow

12 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Great points. 

I know I would definitely be at that parade from Jersey, without a doubt. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.