Bills should pay close attention to whoever the Raiders and Broncos hire as new HC

FilthyBeast

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yes!

The Broncos hired Nate Hackett who was a failed offensive coordinator here. They also traded for Russell Wilson who looks like a shell of himself and his teammates can’t stand him. They were eliminated from the playoffs like 2-3 weeks ago and sit at 4-11 after being blown out by the Rams yesterday. 

The Raiders hired Josh McDaniels who has been miserable anywhere outside of New England. That has held true in Las Vegas! They traded for superstar WR Davante Adams to compliment Renfrow, Waller and Jacobs as weapons for Carr. They sit at 6-9 after blowing a ridiculous about of games and getting a gift from the Pats 2 weeks ago. They’re still “in the hunt” but only in name. 

I would like to point out to FilthyTroll that McBeane are really good at their jobs, and while they should learn from other teams as much as they can, EVERY team is looking at them as the blueprint. 

Y'all want to act like what we have here sucks and then you look at these “stacked teams” like Miami, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Cleveland that can’t get it to translate to the field. 

Denver 3-8 Vegas 4-8 in one score games.  Vegas flips a few of those games they are in a WC spots.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Nobody says Beane and McD suck. Literally no one.

But don't act as if they are not infallible. They make mistakes just like every other HC and GM. 

Ok let‘s look at this and break it down…

McBeane are really good at their jobs, and while they should learn from other teams as much as they can, EVERY team is looking at them as the blueprint.

I said the following:

1) McBeane are really good at their jobs. 

2) Other teams look to them as the blueprint for team building.

3) They need to continue to learn as much as they can from other teams 

That was me saying they’re infallible? 

Let’s look at this one quick…

Nobody says Beane and McD suck. Literally no one.

So it’s not “literally no one” Ethan. 

And these were just the first 3 I found by searching the word “sucks” 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 1/26/2022 at 2:34 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Obviously improving their own team is first priority, but I can guarantee they will have some degree of interest in what these teams do and what the philosophy behind it says.

The Chiefs are the gold standard for the entire league and it's simply an arms race league wide to keep up, but more so in the the AFC West and conference as a whole.

I know this was posted before this season but still. The gold standard is a team that is 1-5 in their last six games against the Bills and Bengals? Are the Bills and/or Bengals not the gold standard?

On 1/26/2022 at 4:48 PM, Nextmanup said:

HC should be offensive minded in every situation.

Having a defense guy as the HC is flat out the wrong way to go.

Why? B/C if the offensive genius in the house is plucked away to a HC job, you have to start over--which might well be the Bills this season.

If the offensive guy is your HC, he'll never be plucked away.

And offense is WAY more important than defense in the modern NFL.

Nathaniel Hackett: "Hold my beer"

13 hours ago, djp14150 said:

they thought they were a QB away…but failed to factor in a new coach.

I can see Sean Peyton coming into that situation very easily.  He likes a veteran QB (who has won a SB) and could milk 3-4 years out of Wilson.  THey have a stellar defense and a running game.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Denver 3-8 Vegas 4-8 in one score games.  Vegas flips a few of those games they are in a WC spots.

Vegas set an NFL record for blowing double digit second half leads this year 

17 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I can see Sean Peyton coming into that situation very easily.  He likes a veteran QB (who has won a SB) and could milk 3-4 years out of Wilson.  THey have a stellar defense and a running game.

He runs an offense that is as bad or worse a fit for Wilson than Hackett's was.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.