Divisional round Saturday - Rams at Bucs on NBC

Just Jack

Just now, Kmart128 said:

You can. You can review forward progress. If a ref deems forward progress they cant overturn that. But a fumble with clear recovery you can

The play was blown dead. How can you change possession when the play is over? 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I didn’t think that was reviewable? 

Clear recovery, sure. Fumble, OK. But I didn’t think you could change possession after the whistle was blown. 

Another example why fans think the league has an outcome agenda. Keep it close or changing channels. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Considering McVey is supposed to be a super intelligent coach, his playcalling at the end of the half was idiotic. The Rams should have been passing into the endzone and not running it.  They literally just blew a chance for the coup de grace killshot right there at the end of the half. Maybe it wont matter by the end but leaving those points out there and having Brady on the other side is really tempting fate!

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

I didn’t think that was reviewable? 

Clear recovery, sure. Fumble, OK. But I didn’t think you could change possession after the whistle was blown. 

It is reviewable if there's a clear immediate recovery.

Side note, a score there would have at least given me a buffer on my Rams by 13 bet.  Now it's one score from losing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think I spoke my peace enough.  I want my team to compete for a super bowl every single year.  Thats my standard.  Tampa kind of did what the Rams did.  Got an aging QB and aging star players.  They won one.  Their competing is about to come to an end.  Brady is about done.  Gronk is done.  That team is headed for rebuild.  Hell their HC might be done because he cant develop a QB.  Rams will be there soon.  Stafford is getting old.  They have no cap space.  ODB and Von Miller are one this year deals.  They have no draft picks.  My standard is every year not one year here and there.

With that I am tired of talking about this.  In the beginning all I did was post the two different methods and said which one I prefer.  The second time I explained why I prefer our method.  Now its getting into a battle of which method is better.  Im not into that discussion because I don't care which method is "better."  They are both methods.  I prefer ours. I won't be changing my mind.

And on the Buccs - you have a point. I think their plan was all about going all in for a year or two to win a title. The Rams haven't as evidenced by the fact they have been making these deals for 5 years and have kept having winning seasons and winning playoff games. 

And I am not debating which one is "better". Not at all. I am a build through the draft guy too. I'd prefer our method. What I am disputing totally is the myth that the Rams have built in an unsustainable way. They haven't. Matt Stafford is 33. He can play at a high level for at least another 3 or 4 years. Donald is locked up. Kupp is locked up. Woods is locked up. Floyd is locked up. If they have another 3 or 4 years of competitiveness they will have been consistently competitive for almost a decade. You can't label that as unsustainable. It isn't conventional. It isn't build through the draft (although they have drafted very well in later rounds which has helped them fill out their roster), but it is a sustainable way of building and it is simply not true to describe it as going all in for one title. Tampa, yep, that's what they did. The Rams have been consistently good for a while and are well set to be for a while longer yet. 

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

100% the Bucs come back to win.

Is there really any doubt?

It's like a nightmare that never ends with Brady

Yes there really is doubt.  I doubt it.  The team doesn't have enough talent anymore and the talent they do have is mostly too old to compete against a team like this.  The only way Tampa is coming back is if Stafford starts throwing a lot of picks.

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.