1/16/22 - Around the NFL - NFL Super Wildcard Weekend 4:30 PM ET - Niners at the Boys

BuffaloBill

Just now, Hawaii50 said:

Should have gone for it!

Nope. Take the points and keep the momentum. It's an easy kick in a comfortable dome.

Cowboys offense is doing nothing.

Kick it early. Go for it late. Don't overthink it.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Don’t like the kick….. should have gone for it. Dallas can catch fire and 13 points isn’t cutting it

Shanahan knows better. Early in the game, take the points and keep the momentum.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Nope. Take the points and keep the momentum. It's an easy kick in a comfortable dome.

Cowboys offense is doing nothing.

Kick it early. Go for it late. Don't overthink it.

Disagree.  Win or go home.  Dallas can put up points fast.  Same reason I wouldn't be happy with two field goals against KC.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This game is a total coaching mismatch. There is no reason the Cowboys and all their talent should get shut down like this... But that's a Mike McCarthy special.

Almost criminal how he only won one Super Bowl with Rodgers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Disagree.  Win or go home.  Dallas can put up points fast.  Same reason I wouldn't be happy with two field goals against KC.

That logic makes no sense. If Dallas can put up points fast, then take all the points you can get. 49ers maintain a 2 score lead.

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Almost criminal how he only won one Super Bowl with Rodgers. 

True but the new coach hasn't made it yet either

Just now, LeGOATski said:

That logic makes no sense. If Dallas can put up points fast, then take all the points you can get. 49ers maintain a 2 score lead.

I think 4th and 1 at the 20 is a good opportunity to try and get more points. If they start trading TDs for FGs like Dallas is capable of then those FGs won't mean crap.  In certain situations I agree that taking the 3 is correct but that isn't one of them.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

True but the new coach hasn't made it yet either

I think 4th and 1 at the 20 is a good opportunity to try and get more points. If they start trading TDs for FGs like Dallas is capable of then those FGs won't mean crap.  In certain situations I agree that taking the 3 is correct but that isn't one of them.

It absolutely was. The 2 plays before that the 49ers were struggling to get anything. Shanahan, having his finger on the pulse pf his team, chose right. Take the points. Momentum is so important in football and analytics doesn't account for it at all. 

49ers are moving the ball and getting points while Dallas has only been able to muster 1 good drive. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

It absolutely was. The 2 plays before that the 49ers were struggling to get anything. Shanahan, having his finger on the pulse pf his team, chose right. Take the points. Momentum is so important in football and analytics doesn't account for it at all. 

49ers are moving the ball and getting points while Dallas has only been able to muster 1 good drive. 

4th and 1 from the 20 yard line in the first half is basically an automatic go for it spot. 

Kicking a FG is a ***** move.

There is no other way to spin it.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I switched over to Nickelodeon just for the heck of it for a couple drives and the commentary was better than a lot of normal crews.

I did too! Romo and Nance were boring me. Eagle Jr and and Nate Burleson have so much better energy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.