Who wins in this ungoing political Civil War ? Would citizens react to stop it.

The split widens in political terms, the civility has been lost, I am right you are wrong is the only position. Imagining this could happen 50 years ago in the middle of the ending of Vietnam and Nixon was not possible.

Is this Russia and China Co operating in the past 10 years behind the scene.

Have they turned the tables in the CIA efforts around the world by attacking democracy at it's base.

As a Canadian I ask, how would we react if the split widens as Putin wants. How would the world react. 

As home turmoil occurs Ukraine is easy prey, Taiwan is easy prey, etc etc.

Russia wins, China wins. 

Would the US citizens allow a split. (I pray they would NOT and will NOT). 

just wondering, as a Canadian why do you care about US politics?  i dont know anything about Canadian politics and honestly dont care.  My gf went to college in Canada and her Canadian friends visit and always ask about our politics.  

41 minutes ago, Beach said:

just wondering, as a Canadian why do you care about US politics?  i dont know anything about Canadian politics and honestly dont care.  My gf went to college in Canada and her Canadian friends visit and always ask about our politics.  

Good luck with that. I've been asking Niagara that for months and months. He just calls me names, and never answers.  Maybe your more polite (curious) approach will unlock the secret code.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

The split widens in political terms, the civility has been lost, I am right you are wrong is the only position. Imagining this could happen 50 years ago in the middle of the ending of Vietnam and Nixon was not possible.

Have they turned the tables in the CIA efforts around the world by attacking democracy at it's base.

As a Canadian I ask, how would we react if the split widens as Putin wants. How would the world react. 

Russia wins, China wins. 

I feel like I’m reading the secret journal of a young Niagara Bill Kardashian here.   What’s this all about?   What’s got you all turnt up here my friend? 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Beach said:

Because it’s basically a US territory… Like Puerto Rico 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Russia wins, China wins. 

Your poasting pattern suggests you assume a lot about American politics that is tenuously or technically true, at best. If you are in fact Canadian this isn't surprising nor is it uncommon.

The reality is that the lack of civility and the attitude pervasive in American political discourse is a feature, not a bug, and a result of sixty years of careful maneuvering by government agencies, lobbyists, and the uber-wealthy. Are Russia and China looking to benefit? Of course. Are they heavily involved? No. The sad fact is that treacherous Americans have done these things to their own people.

The CIA does not exist to spread the American way around the world. This is a common misunderstanding of what their mission and goals are.  The CIA is an intelligence gathering agency that exists for the sole purpose of ensuring domestic security. On paper, they answer solely to the President. "Ensuring domestic security" has been interpreted in a variety of ways over the years, to include arming and funding despots friendly towards American interests and carrying out political assassinations half a world away. They play a very long game and don't really answer in any way to the people of the USA, which is a salient criticism of the Company.

The "split" you describe isn't between Democrat and Republican, or even conservative and liberal, per se. It's a tension between those who cherish the republican values instilled in the original government of this nation and those who do not. This is why the split seems so large when it's "just politics." It's not just politics. This is a deeply philosophical, even religious divide that is played out in political and social proxy wars. 

The writers of the US Constitution stated their goals: to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to (them)selves and (their) posterity. These are not the goals of the United States Government for the past sixty years. Far from it. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The explanation is that most intelligent freedom loving people recognize that the USA is the most important country if we want freedoms in the world. When I was in Ireland in 2004 they knew all about our President, the 2000 election, and even some Senators. The world know more about the USA then Americans know about anything else.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Your poasting pattern suggests you assume a lot about American politics that is tenuously or technically true, at best. If you are in fact Canadian this isn't surprising nor is it uncommon.

The reality is that the lack of civility and the attitude pervasive in American political discourse is a feature, not a bug, and a result of sixty years of careful maneuvering by government agencies, lobbyists, and the uber-wealthy. Are Russia and China looking to benefit? Of course. Are they heavily involved? No. The sad fact is that treacherous Americans have done these things to their own people.

The CIA does not exist to spread the American way around the world. This is a common misunderstanding of what their mission and goals are.  The CIA is an intelligence gathering agency that exists for the sole purpose of ensuring domestic security. On paper, they answer solely to the President. "Ensuring domestic security" has been interpreted in a variety of ways over the years, to include arming and funding despots friendly towards American interests and carrying out political assassinations half a world away. They play a very long game and don't really answer in any way to the people of the USA, which is a salient criticism of the Company.

The "split" you describe isn't between Democrat and Republican, or even conservative and liberal, per se. It's a tension between those who cherish the republican values instilled in the original government of this nation and those who do not. This is why the split seems so large when it's "just politics." It's not just politics. This is a deeply philosophical, even religious divide that is played out in political and social proxy wars. 

The writers of the US Constitution stated their goals: to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to (them)selves and (their) posterity. These are not the goals of the United States Government for the past sixty years. Far from it. 

I agree in general with a couple modifications:

I think there's a one-party system in place where power behind the screens calls the shots and the differences and conflict between the two major party's is purely for entertainment and dramatic purposes.  Give the voters the illusion of choice every 2 or 4 years while establishing differences at the edges but not yielding on any vital interests or policies.  Influential billionaires, large powerful corporations, global interests all pull the strings and call the shots.  Members of both parties are well compensated for their efforts.

As for the CIA I think its goals are the same as all intelligence agencies around the world.  Gather information, monitor the political, social, and economic landscape, and carry out specific policy objectives domestically and internationally.  All while making themselves as invisible as possible and creating the impression that it all happens by itself without their involvement and keeping their handiwork and involvement hidden from view.  

• Eyeroll 1

The whole world cares about our politics I dont get the people who question him.  He's Canadian so what?  It's not a bright spot if we know nothing about other countries political systems either (I'm right with you there unfortunately).

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I agree in general with a couple modifications:

I think there's a one-party system in place where power behind the screens calls the shots and the differences and conflict between the two major party's is purely for entertainment and dramatic purposes.  Give the voters the illusion of choice every 2 or 4 years while establishing differences at the edges but not yielding on any vital interests or policies.  Influential billionaires, large powerful corporations, global interests all pull the strings and call the shots.  Members of both parties are well compensated for their efforts.

As for the CIA I think its goals are the same as all intelligence agencies around the world.  Gather information, monitor the political, social, and economic landscape, and carry out specific policy objectives domestically and internationally.  All while making themselves as invisible as possible and creating the impression that it all happens by itself without their involvement and keeping their handiwork and involvement hidden from view.  

Nothing in my post excludes the possibility of your description of a one-party system. It certainly acts like that, even if there's no single "wizard" in any explicit sense.

The CIA is much more evil than you think.

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The whole world cares about our politics I dont get the people who question him.  He's Canadian so what?  It's not a bright spot if we know nothing about other countries political systems either (I'm right with you there unfortunately).

but everyone answers for him.  it may be a simple answer but i question him out of my own curiosity.

16 hours ago, Beach said:

Why do you care that he does care? What makes you so interested in a persons opinions? 

These discussions always happen when Democrats are in power and procede to destroy things.  

This question wasn't asked when Trump was in power - he was being impeached since the day he won.  No one was interested in civility.  I know - he wasn't either.  Because the Left thought the Obama administration was pure and civil and unfairly attacked because racist country gonna racist. 

F all of them.  

It took till March of 2020 but these Democrats (full fledged fascists) revealed to all who they truly are.  I knew the second they nominated Obama what they were becoming but "he spoke so well!"  

I want them wiped off the planet.  It's the only way forward.  

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Beach said:

why do you care that i care that he cares?  

Ya, what’s the point if your question? 

Just now, Big Blitz said:

These discussions always happen when Democrats are in power and procede to destroy things.  

This question wasn't asked when Trump was in power - he was being impeached since the day he won.  No one was interested in civility.  I know - he wasn't either.  Because the Left thought the Obama administration was pure and civil and unfairly attacked because racist country gonna racist. 

F all of them.  

It took till March of 2020 but these Democrats (full fledged fascists) revealed to all who they truly are.  I knew the second they nominated Obama what they were becoming but "he spoke so well!"  

No riots going on now. Dems are steadier. 

16 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Russia wins, China wins. 

When Republicans see democracy as a threat here at home then the cause of protecting it around the world suffers. Trump was easy on Putin and critical of our democratic allies 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

the point is he can answer for himself.  if he wants to ignore the question its up to him.  this has nothing to do with you.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

F all of them.  

I think maybe covid broke you.  Take a vacation. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Beach said:

As the US was once seen as being a World Leader i would think that most other countries wonder how our politics work & look to us as that world leader to generate economic growth especially seeing as the US dollar is the money standard of the world .

But i sure hope they are paying attention because they will get a crash course on what not to do in making sound political decisions .

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Won't answer?   (changed it to fit my reply)

Just my point, Inferior mind at work 

Exactly - I'm still waiting for a reply on the last one but the silence is defining . Gotta love it !! 

17 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

i take it you weren’t around 50 years ago. 

• Agree 1

Looks like everyone got the "claw back" talking points

U.S. Treasury threatens to claw back Arizona funds over anti-masking school grants

The U.S. Treasury on Friday said it told Arizona officials the state's proposed COVID-19 education assistance programs targeted at schools without mask mandates violate usage rules for federal aid money to state and local governments, and the department may claw back funding.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-treasury-threatens-claw-back-arizona-funds-over-anti-masking-school-grants-2022-01-14/

On 1/13/2022 at 5:41 PM, Beach said:

Because the US is the elephant in Canada's room, genius!  :doh::doh::doh:

On 1/14/2022 at 9:14 AM, LeviF said:

Your "poast" suggests that you suffer from the same shortcomings as the OP ... except that since you aren't Canadian, you're just infinitely more ignorant than the OP  ... or living in an alternative universe where up is down and left is right.

16 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The only side that wants to shut people up or cancel them when they don't toe the company line......send them all to the sun.

The behavior of fascists 

Another example of somebody's elevator not going to the top floor.

On 1/14/2022 at 11:02 AM, Chef Jim said:

i take it you weren’t around 50 years ago. 

I most certainly was....the deaths of the Vietnam era, today wouldn't even make the news. Cronkite reporting deaths each night were miniscule compared to today's domestic deaths.

The battles were youth vs the older establishments who were all ex military so naturally supported military aggression. What Nixon did was nothing in comparison to the past 30 yrs.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:07 AM, Tiberius said:

No riots going on now. Dems are steadier. 

When Republicans see democracy as a threat here at home then the cause of protecting it around the world suffers. Trump was easy on Putin and critical of our democratic allies 

And this week, Putin invades Ukraine, trump couldn't stop and Biden has already conceded. The US seems to be at war between the oceans. I say Russia and China have spent 20 years creating this environment behind the scenes. Democracy is dying, communism grows. Nixon, and Reagan ran the relationships, even Kennedy tried, but Clinton, there after have lost.

So today the NYT reports Putin will place nukes near US border for 5 min strike timing. 

The US resolve and unity has been weakened by both Russia and China over past years.

Russia gains Ukraine and more. China gets Hong Kong full control, Taiwan, and more. 

Can Biden deal, with this? Is Biden up to Kennedy standards. My answer is no.

History shows how weak Russia was after 20 years in Afghanistan. Does history repeat it self.

Internal turmoil is rotting from the inside. Russian hackers, Chinese hackers, Co ordinated financial attacks. US dependence on China manufacturing. 

The role of NATO leader and democracy protector has been America. Putin must have laughed when trump publicly insulted NATO leaders and UN. Just like Putin wanted. Has Russia and China coordinated this weakening ability.

I hope my view is wrong...but it is getting a little more scary out there. It is a long way from Nixon-China accord and Reagan-Gobachev when US strength was obvious.

Any comments or facts to agree or disagree other than insults. 😁😁

21 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

So today the NYT reports Putin will place nukes near US border for 5 min strike timing. 

The US resolve and unity has been weakened by both Russia and China over past years.

Russia gains Ukraine and more. China gets Hong Kong full control, Taiwan, and more. 

Can Biden deal, with this? Is Biden up to Kennedy standards. My answer is no.

History shows how weak Russia was after 20 years in Afghanistan. Does history repeat it self.

Internal turmoil is rotting from the inside. Russian hackers, Chinese hackers, Co ordinated financial attacks. US dependence on China manufacturing. 

The role of NATO leader and democracy protector has been America. Putin must have laughed when trump publicly insulted NATO leaders and UN. Just like Putin wanted. Has Russia and China coordinated this weakening ability.

I hope my view is wrong...but it is getting a little more scary out there. It is a long way from Nixon-China accord and Reagan-Gobachev when US strength was obvious.

Any comments or facts to agree or disagree other than insults. 😁😁

You are correct, the present administration is not able to deal with this.

I am afraid that NO ONE is able to deal with this (Left or Right) at this point. We have been weakened too much.

The U.S. should try and stay out of these spots until we can strengthen ourselves.....it will take at least five years.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Interesting. I didn’t know that partial birth abortions were part of a “culture.”  Same for transgender people who comprise 0.1% of the population. 

Not enough people care about these issues to prevent what’s coming in 2022 and 2024 for the Democrats.  All the Rs have to do is run on the mess the country has become.  But go right ahead and campaign on these issues.  See how far it gets you.

Edited by Doc

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Interesting. I didn’t know that partial birth abortions were part of a “culture.”  Same for transgender people who comprise 0.1% of the population. 

Not enough people care about these issues to prevent what’s coming in 2022 and 2024 for the Democrats.  All the Rs have to do is run on the mess the country has become.  But go right ahead and campaign on these issues.  See how far it gets you.

doc. comon maan.

your missing the point.

yahoo news has clearly investigated that you do not believe in womens rights!!..also, women dont exist because gender is just a social construct that can be changed!

i hope I've cleared it up. 

Edited by Buffarukus

to answer the ops question

two words

tree stand.

one side is more inclined and loves nothing more then sitting in them all day, in the freezing cold, with camouflage, waiting silently for any movement, mastering multiple different weopon types

i wouldn't want anything to do with a huge group of individuals that do this as a hobby when it comes to violence. yet everyday im hearing the news call them racist pieces of s#[÷ when they are simply trying to get a few venison sausages on the weekend.

not a good idea if you ask me.

id suggest everyone stop broad stroke stereotyping each other simply by how they vote. people are alittle more complex then racists and commies. continuosly comparing them to the worst of each side is a habit that needs to end, one way or the other.

if the people your getting your info from are doing this regularly your attention is advocating this. turn it off, go outside and have a real conversation. 

Edited by Buffarukus