Buffalo Playoff position scenarios

CorkScrewHill

Bills are 2nd seed if win and Cincy and KC lose

Bills are 3rd seed if win and either Cincy or KC lose

Bills are 4th seed if win and Cincy and KC win

Bills are 4th seed if lose and Patriots lose

Bills are 6th seed if lose and Colts lose (Raiders / Chargers winner would have a better conference record – ignoring tie)

Bills are 7th seed if lose and Colts win (Colts as well as Raiders / Chargers winner would have a better conference record)

• Thank you (+1) 4

Most likely playoff bracket seems to be (edited as I pasted in the wrong thing):

1. Tennessee Titans (bye)

2. Kansas City Chiefs vs. 7. L.A. Chargers
3. Cincinnati Bengals vs. 6. Indianapolis Colts
4. Buffalo Bills vs. 5. New England Patriots

Edited by Ray Stonada
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Most likely playoff bracket seems to be:

1. Kansas City Chiefs (bye)

2. Tennessee Titans vs. 7. Baltimore Ravens
3. Cincinnati Bengals vs. 6. New England Patriots
4. Buffalo Bills vs. 5. Indianapolis Colts

So in that scenario the Bills host Indy and then would go to Nashville assuming the Patriots beat the Bengals. Then, the rematch in KC.

6 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the winner of the Chargers-Raiders game in while the loser is out. Baltimore isn't making it.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So in that scenario the Bills host Indy and then would go to Nashville assuming the Patriots beat the Bengals. Then, the rematch in KC.

damnnnnnnnnn do not want to play indy ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

A. I really worry about beating Indy

B. I do not see NE beating Cinci, unless Burrow is real banged up

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

So you think Tennesee will lose to Houston and somehow the Ravens will get in?

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the winner of the Chargers-Raiders game in while the loser is out. Baltimore isn't making it.

I think the Ravens have a scenario where they get in , but it’s probably an oddball type thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Most likely playoff bracket seems to be (edited as I pasted in the wrong thing):

1. Tennessee Titans (bye)

2. Kansas City Chiefs vs. 7. L.A. Chargers
3. Cincinnati Bengals vs. 6. Indianapolis Colts
4. Buffalo Bills vs. 5. New England Patriots

So…in this scenario the Bills host and beat NE before heading to Nashville and THEN…the rematch in KC. Yes?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

So…in this scenario the Bills host and beat NE before heading to Nashville and THEN…the rematch in KC. Yes?

Yep. Though I could also see Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase running wild and taking out KC again.

PS apologies to everyone for the wrong bracket I originally posted. 

Just now, Ray Stonada said:

Yep. Though I could also see Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase running wild and taking out KC again.

PS apologies to everyone for the wrong bracket I originally posted. 

In any case, there are going to be some really interesting story lines, including…. 

Home rematch of the Wind Bowl?

At the Music City Miracle?

Rematch at KC?

Rematch of the Iggy Shuffle AFC championship game?

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

In any case, there are going to be some really interesting story lines, including…. 

Home rematch of the Wind Bowl?

At the Music City Miracle?

Rematch at KC?

Rematch of the Iggy Shuffle AFC championship game?

All cool stories. The Bengals of Ickey Woods, Boomer Esiason, Tim McGee, etc., used to scare me back in 1988. They were like the Pistons to Buffalo's Bulls. It was so good to finally vanquish them. 

Edited by Ray Stonada

Here's the deal as I see it:

We will beat the Jets on Sunday and win the division; and get a single home game against New England almost certainly.

We'll then go on the road, and that path will ultimately go through Kansas City in the championship game, yet again.

If we play our best football we can beat everyone in the AFC including KC.

If we play up and down or falter, as we have done several times this year, any of these teams will beat us.

I can't wait for it to get started!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Here's the deal as I see it:

We will beat the Jets on Sunday and win the division; and get a single home game against New England almost certainly.

We'll then go on the road, and that path will ultimately go through Kansas City in the championship game, yet again.

If we play our best football we can beat everyone in the AFC including KC.

If we play up and down or falter, as we have done several times this year, any of these teams will beat us.

I can't wait for it to get started!

Looking forward to seeing a home playoff game with a packed house. Its been what 27 years since the last time we had a home playoff game with sellout crowd.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am rooting for Browns over cincy, and Raiders over chargers. That would result in:

1) Tenn (bye)

2) Colts (7) v KC (2)

3) raiders (6) v Bills (3)

4) patriots (5) v Bengals (4)

That's an interesting scenario, and as much as I would like to play NE, I would take a Raiders game for sure.  They might be (other than NE) the weakest team in the AFC playoffs.

Not sure Cleveland can beat Bengals right now though.  

Bengals look really good at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Looking forward to seeing a home playoff game with a packed house. Its been what 27 years since the last time we had a home playoff game with sellout crowd.

That's a great point that I think I forgot about.  Limited crowd size last year against Indy and Baltimore both!

Many of these Bills will see the might and majesty of the fanbase in full-tilt playoff mode for the first time, ever.

It's going to be fantastic! 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's an interesting scenario, and as much as I would like to play NE, I would take a Raiders game for sure.  They might be (other than NE) the weakest team in the AFC playoffs.

Not sure Cleveland can beat Bengals right now though.  

Bengals look really good at the moment.

yeah, tough for browns to win, but not improbable. Game is in cleveland. And the browns actually smoked the bengals the first time. Plus, division games are weird. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

How's this for a scenario:

1. We beat the Pats in our first home playoff game before a full house in decades.

2. We beat Tennessee in Nashville, avenging the Music City Miracle.

3. We beat KC at Arrowhead, avenging last year's loss.

4. We win the Super Bowl, avenging all of history.

You could not write a better story.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am rooting for Browns over cincy, and Raiders over chargers. That would result in:

1) Tenn (bye)

2) Colts (7) v KC (2)

3) raiders (6) v Bills (3)

4) patriots (5) v Bengals (4)

Absolutely the best case scenario! Even better if Colts beat Chiefs and play Tenn in round 2, while we face Cin. NE winner

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1

If the Chargers make it in, dont sleep on them against Kansas City in the first round. They beat KC at their place once already, and if they had just taken the points instead of going for it 9 millions times they would have swept them and won the division. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

If the Chargers make it in, dont sleep on them against Kansas City in the first round. They beat KC at their place once already, and if they had just taken the points instead of going for it 9 millions times they would have swept them and won the division. 

This is an excellent point. They seem to matchup well with KC and they have the offense to match the Chiefs if the game becomes a shootout.

23 minutes ago, Blue Devil 69 said:

How's this for a scenario:

1. We beat the Pats in our first home playoff game before a full house in decades.

2. We beat Tennessee in Nashville, avenging the Music City Miracle.

3. We beat KC at Arrowhead, avenging last year's loss.

4. We win the Super Bowl, avenging all of history.

You could not write a better story.

All I could add to that is that the Super Bowl is against Tampa, so we get in some good old fashioned Tom Brady avenging as well--OR--Dallas and we avenge 2 SB losses directly to them.  

Your outline plus Tampa or Dallas in the SB would be almost incredible.

And it could all happen, too.

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Chargers are a team I would always be afraid of in the playoffs, because they have an outstanding gunslinging QB who can single handedly win games for them.

I loved Herbert at Oregon and the guy is getting better all the time.

He is a like a clone of Josh Allen; they are both super similar. 

Why play a guy like THAT if you can avoid him and get a matchup with Mac Jones, Derek Carr, or Carson Wentz!

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Wouldn’t that affect Bengals seeding though? Maybe they don’t care much. Just curious on your take. 

Yes but assuming Chiefs win Saturday they have 0 chance at 1 seed and very slim chance at 2. 

I would think they would prioritize rest over getting the 3 seed. That's why the Browns are favored by 3 points.

• Like (+1) 2

I think the Bills are a year away from winning it all because of their run defense and run challenged offense, but if they could avoid the Titans and Colts I can see them getting to the Superbowl. 

Ideally we avoid the Titans in round 2. I can see the Chargers as the #7 seed winning in #2 Kansas City. They then beat the #1 Titans and head to Buffalo for AFC Championship.  I guess they Bills beat NE and then the Bengals. That Bengals game is not going to be easy.

Edited by Evian

37 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Agreed. The chargers are probably the last team I want the Bills to play. Great QB and receiver play, and super slippery RB.

People forget we are now thin at corner. It is actually better for us to play the running teams of the league. SD (and Cincy) have too many good receivers to cover. 

Off topic but i have yet to hear anyone mention that with the Bills making the playoffs breaks the norm of one conference champion not making the playoffs the next year….apologizes if I missed it.  

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Off topic but i have yet to hear anyone mention that with the Bills making the playoffs breaks the norm of one conference championship game teams not making the playoffs the next year….apologizes if I missed it.  

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. The chargers are probably the last team I want the Bills to play. 

I disagree. I can see the #7 Chargers beating the #1 Titans and #2 Chiefs. If we beat the Pats and Colts/Bengals the Chargers come to Buffalo in January in the AFC Title game. Not likely, but possible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.