Dion Dawkins, Stefon Diggs named to Pro Bowl

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

I dont know about that. 

Tennessee game JA has ball on 2 yard line.

Bucs game JA has ball on 7 yard line

Patriots game JA has ball on 3 yard line opt for over time...

Bills are "inches" away from being a dominant team on so many levels... just how it goes some time. We won all the close games last year, we have lost some heart breakers this year.

Doesnt make us "unequivocally worse". We are just skewed in our perceptions by the only stat that matters -- Ws and Ls.

The details on how you get those Ws and Ls matter though

The Bills being 8-6 so far while playing the 5th easiest schedule in the league to this point kind of tells me they are not as good as last year.

A 9-6 loss to one of the bottom 3 teams in the league also tells me they are not as good. You know what else tells me..........my eyes.

I'm not surprised either because I knew the oline was gonna stink.

Allen's QB passer rating is down 12 pts

his QBR rating down almost 20 pts

his int % up a full point 1.7% to more than 2.7%

You get him a good oline and with his arm he'll be firing lasers all over the field. Allen with more time would be so hard to stop. As it is he says hike and the d is instantly in his face.

You have one of the best QBs in the league, perhaps even a generational talent and you put him behind a subpar line year after year while being obsessed with the defense. I would have done the opposite myself. If I drafted a QB with the 7th pick the first thing I'd do is build a great line and get him weapons, in that order. Once Josh is well protected, has talent to throw to and has the assist of a running game (great lines are really good for the run game too, what a shocker);

then I'd start spending high draft picks and free agency on the defense. I'm obviously not a GM and I'm really happy the Bills are good again but the obsession with the defense and the seeming inability to see how important the oline is to Allen and the offenses success is definitely frustrating. The Bills have no running game because of their line, not because of their rbs. The rbs could be better but they're not the main problem.

I'm still hoping for the best and maybe Allen playing spectacularly the rest of this season can take them to the promised land but it's a lot to ask when he's trying to avoid the rush almost immediately on almost every play. 

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

9-6 loss to one of the bottom 3 teams in the league tells me they are not as good. You know what else tells me...my eyes.

I'm not surprised either because I knew the oline was gonna stink.

Allen's QB passer rating is down 12 pts

his QBR rating down almost 20 pts

his int % up a full point 1.7% to more than 2.7%

You get him a good oline and with his arm he'll be firing lasers all over the field. Allen with more time would be so hard to stop. As it is he says hike and the d is instantly in his face.

You have one of the best QBs in the league, perhaps even a generational talent and you put him behind a subpar line year after year while being obsessed with the defense. I would have done the opposite myself. If I drafted a QB with the 7th pick the first thing I'd do is build a great line and get him weapons, in that order. Once Josh is well protected, has talent to throw to and has the assist of a running game (great lines are really good for the run game too, what a shocker);

then I'd start spending high draft picks and free agency on the defense. I'm obviously not a GM and I'm really happy the Bills are good again but the obsession with the defense and the seeming inability to see how important the oline is to Allen and the offenses success is definitely frustrating. The Bills have no running game because of their line, not because of their rbs. The rbs could be better but they're not the main problem.

I'm still hoping for the best and maybe Allen playing spectacularly the rest of this season can take them to the promised land but it's a lot to ask when he's trying to avoid the rush almost immediately on almost every play. 

I think you are just emotionally over reacting to W-L record this year vs last year but I over all agree with your point that we must invest in oline to protect allen for future and that his game will improve if we do.

That said having a number 1 defense in NFL is also a major help to any QB

35 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

I think you are just emotionally over reacting to W-L record this year vs last year but I over all agree with your point that we must invest in oline to protect allen for future and that his game will improve if we do.

That said having a number 1 defense in NFL is also a major help to any QB

I'm not feeling emotional at all and I agree having a great defense also helps the offense and is also vitally important to the team. 

I'm just disagreeing that the Bills are as good as last year when it's obvious to me they are not and like I said I am not at all surprised because of the reasons stated.

I'm still hoping for the best and I don't see an absolutely dominant team out there so anything can happen.

p.s. do you think the Bills  actually have the best defense in the league? I don't. The 5th easiest schedule so far has helped them look better than they are imo.

Edited by Turk71

Lost in all the snubs is the fact Stefon Diggs just made his second ProBowl with the Bills.  He is such a great player.  In my mind he is already #3 WR of all time with Buffalo.  I know the career stats with Buffalo are far behind others, but in terms of talent Reed, Moulds, and Diggs are my top 3 right now.  Two or maybe three more years at this level and he will be second only to Reed.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Such a flawed system...ok whatever but when you realize it affects millions of dollars for players salaries either through negotiations or systemic rules (5th year option) it makes you shake your head.   

Not 1 player on the leagues best defense is worthy of being on the team?  Really.......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Poyer has deserved it for three years straight, this year was not even debatable.     The Allen and Poyer snubs egregious  and a good indication that the Pro Bowl means nothing.      At this point I think the NFL Top 100 has more clout.

I had a feeling Dawkins would make it earlier this year.  Not so much for his play, but for the same reason both Browns guards made it, they are very good at the main thing guards block for, running the ball.   The Bills are very good at passing, as such one of the tackles was probably going to make it, and Brown is a rookie.   Good for him.

Edited by thenorthremembers

I can see why Poyer gets snubbed. He kind of splits the votes of people who like the Bills D with Hyde and he doesn’t get many interceptions so he doesn’t really flash on the highlight reels. But he’s an excellent safety.

Edited by vincec

The Bills have the #1 defense in the league and have been at #1 all season. And no pro bowlers. LOL!

24 minutes ago, vincec said:

I can see why Poyer gets snubbed. He kind of splits the votes of people who like the Bills D with Hyde and he doesn’t get many interceptions so he doesn’t really flash on the highlight reels. But he’s an excellent safety.

He’s leading all safeties in INTs this season!

Just saw that Micah Parsons, probably the most impactful defensive player in the league this season not named Aaron Donald, didn’t make the pro bowl. LOL!

Edited by dave mcbride

How valiable is Lamar Jackson? His back-up is putting up even better numbers than him. Hmmmm?

The entire system is bonkers: The first sign of lack on any credibility to it - It's done with almost 20% of the season still to be played. And for most teams, the most important games of the season. I would think the performance over the next tree weeks might be the most important measurement?

Also, it may be before the last four games, when was the vote taken?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.