Beasley test positive

Buffalo_Stampede

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They haven't treated unvaccinated and vaccinated players equally since the start. The complaints that Beasley has now were the same complaints he had in the offseason. Agree with it or not those have been the rules. All of the unvaccinated players have known they were at greater risk of missing games, irrespective of the vaccine's efficacy.

This. Haha I didn’t read the whole thread before I just posted but I guess this angle is already being discussed 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe I misread but I think he was more saying the system is unfair and they should test everyone and he’s being singled out.  I didn’t really read that snippet as advocating people playing sick but I didn’t read the full statement if there’s more 

yea love cole as a player. still cheer for him.....but his reasoning is so whack. he has some good counterpoints. its almost like hes dying on a hill of very small ideas that challenge science. the part about the vax companies manipulating or pulling the wool over ppl to make money is absolute bonkers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Though in the case of unvaccinated v vaccinated players, the former are still at a disadvantage, which has been the case all along.

Well the unvaccinated gets tested everyday, which is a good thing to keep it  from spreading in your locker room. IMO he is at a disadvantage for himself but his daily testing is best for the team. Now we have a bunch of vaccinated players who can be positive and spreading it to everyone and nobody is doing anything to stop it. That actually hurts the team. 

Just now, Evian said:

The NFL just changed the rules. That is the problem. 

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Agree, but the NFL just changed their "rules" again in the past week.

Yes, they changed the rules in response to a new variant that appears to be much more likely to cause break through infections in vaccinated people, but does not appear to be more likely to cause symptomatic or severe cases in vaccinated people. Truth be told if the NFL wanted to institute the one foolproof method of stopping the spread among teams entirely they would just cancel the season. Short of that they are going to do the best they can to keep the season going and reward vaccinated players for taking the best precaution available to them. The overarching message sent by the protocols has not changed - if you are unvaccinated you are at greater risk of missing games. Obviously the risk of vaccinated players missing games is now higher because of the new variant but the gap is still there.

• Like (+1) 1

yea variant has really messed up everything to a degree. just bottom line. get vax. well continue to have more variants. hopefully not as as contagious or deadly. its a massive global problem. as long as you have huge #s of ppl unvax (india, south america, africa) this can keep going on and on and on 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Evian said:

Well the unvaccinated gets tested everyday, which is a good thing to keep it  from spreading in your locker room. IMO he is at a disadvantage for himself but his daily testing is best for the team. Now we have a bunch of vaccinated players who can be positive and spreading it to everyone and nobody is doing anything to stop it. That actually hurts the team. 

I agree with this - the only reason the NFL has stopped testing everyone is because they want the season to continue as planned due to the money involved.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Glad to hear his symptoms aren't bad.

Beasley sure aint the sharpest tool in the shed.

The rules preventing him from playing aren't designed to support him or his health.

They are designed to support the health of everyone he comes in contact with.

So many of these rocket scientists dont understand the concept of PUBLIC health.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, not quite.

There are a couple of things uninformed about it, though.

Preventive medicine like vaccines are always less expensive than disease treatment, and this is no exception.

Vaccines (like Prevnar) normally sell for about $200/dose.  The various Covid vaccines are being sold to the US Gov't currently for between $4 to <$20/dose.  A single pharmacist can administer at least 20 doses/hr, more if it's a clinic where one person is checking the paperwork and filling out vaccine cards, another is drawing up doses, a third is administering them.  6 doses fit in a tiny vial, and racks and racks of vials can fit in a freezer box.

Monoclonal antibodies are far more expensive to produce, store, ship, and administer.  Regeneron is currently selling its mAb treatment to the go'vt at a discount- $2,100 dose (a mAb treatment may normally cost $5,000-7,000).  The treatments can be given on an out-patient basis, so they don't take up a hospital bed, but they do take up a treatment room and the attention of a nurse for 90 minutes, so they cost more to administer - as much as the dose again, perhaps, or more.   The patient to staff ratio should be something like 1:5 to be sure the IVs are all running smoothly, no air, no blown veins, no adverse reactions.

Appreciate your comment and the breakdown of figures. Guess your final comment is what I meant by treatments needing a hospital bed though didn’t phrase it very well!

4 hours ago, nucci said:

Great, biggest game of season and he's out.

Beas and Felicia shouldn’t see the field again this season. It’s time to let the players that value the team, city, and fans, get a chance to play. It’s a total slap in the face to everyone that invests time and money into this organization.

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

Everyone is getting it vaccinated or not...don't hate Cole because he made a personal choice...life is bigger then football people.  The NFL is rigged these days anyway when they legalized gambling if you haven't noticed...its like watching the WWE...yes they hit and put on a show but the outcome is already decided before the opening kickoff.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, pennstate10 said:

The rules preventing him from playing aren't designed to support him or his health.

So many of these rocket scientists dont understand the concept of PUBLIC health.

He’s a millionaire and doesn’t have any teeth. The signs were always there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Beas and Felicia shouldn’t see the field again this season. It’s time to let the players that value the team, city, and fans, get a chance to play. It’s a total slap in the face to everyone that invests time and money into this organization.

I believe Feliciano is vaccinated. So why should he not see the field the rest of this season?

And compared to a lot of teams the Bills still haven't been hit all that hard by the covid.  I mean I'm watching my second NFL game in two days featuring a PRACTICE SQUAD QB because the fully vaccinated starter and back-up were down with covid.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, wagne591 said:

Everyone is getting it vaccinated or not...don't hate Cole because he made a personal choice...life is bigger then football people.  The NFL is rigged these days anyway when they legalized gambling if you haven't noticed...its like watching the WWE...yes they hit and put on a show but the outcome is already decided before the opening kickoff.  

theres a difference between "getting it" which is called test positivity. and being sick, spreading to community and other ppl, hospitlizations, and death. the NFL and vegas and WWE has no relevancy here

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Actually you don't understand the concept of PUBLIC health. Beasley is right that only testing unvaccinated players is moronic. You have to test everyone if you are going to stop the spread. The NFL is the one ignoring science and public health. Their rules are designed to keep players on the field with very little concern for the public health.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Evian said:

The NFL would test everyone daily, not just the unvaccinated players, if they cared about the virus spreading.

They don't just care about the virus spreading, they care about their players getting severely ill. That is why they are still testing symptomatic vaccinated players and randomly testing some asymptomatic vaccinated players. And as far as I know the other protocols designed to limit spreading are still there - all staff and players wearing masks indoors, limited interactions with the community, social distancing in the team cafeterias, etc. It is not a free for all for the vaccinated players.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I believe Feliciano is vaccinated. So why should he not see the field the rest of this season?

And compared to a lot of teams the Bills still haven't been hit all that hard by the covid.  I mean I'm watching my second NFL game in two days featuring a PRACTICE SQUAD QB because the fully vaccinated starter and back-up were down with covid.

Yes, Feliciano said he was vaccinated and this was backed up by Beasley.

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I don't know why the NFL is so much different than real life. What I mean is, nobody in the real world is getting tested daily or on a weekly basis to be able to go to work. People are only getting tested if they feel or get sick. I don't know why the NFL should be any different. Also I'm to the point where I couldn't care less if a person is vaccinated or not. I know just as many people that ended up hospitalized that were vaxxed vs people who were not. This whole "you have less chance of being hospitalized if you're vaxxed" is just flat out wrong. 

Not according to the data in the U.K. Maybe it is different in America.

1 minute ago, Evian said:

Actually you don't understand the concept of PUBLIC health. Beasley is right that only testing unvaccinated players is moronic. You have to test everyone if you are going to stop the spread. The NFL is the one ignoring science and public health. Their rules are designed to keep players on the field with very little concern for the public health.

youre right in that its confusing and the NFL def has an agenda. ideally. yes everyone would be tested everyday.. but thats not realistic. these "rules" were made when pandemic was relatively under control withought any idea of omicron and part of the deal the NFLPA and NFL made was to incentivize players to get vax - both for everyones health and to allow the games to be played without delay and cancellation. 

now the NFL is adopting something a lot of scientific communities and others are talking about - do we really need to regulary test vax ppl ? i think were finding we dont. BUT the definition of vax is changing. its really 3 doses. not 1 , not 2 but 3. 

a lot of moving parts. but this isnt black and white and its not so polar

2 minutes ago, Evian said:

No, the NFL would just test everyone daily, not just the unvaccinated players, if they cared out the virus spreading.  That is how science works. Vaccinated and unvaccinated players both spread the virus if they have it. The NFL either should test everyone daily or test nodody and just let players get it. This is not hard to understand. Testing only unvaccinated and players with symptoms is laughable. It is all meant just to keep players playing with a fake PR boost for the media. No science involved.

So I understand where you're coming from, and "test everyone every day" would have been my approach if I were "NFL Covid King for a Day" and was trying to limit infections on teams. 

However, Stills (NFL CMO) said their data pre-season supported that vaccinated players were 7x less likely to contract covid and they weren't seeing intra-facility spread.  I believe the claim was, that's been the case most of the fall - they've not been seeing intra-facility spread (they can tell by sequencing the virus from different infections).

Recently, Stills implied they are now seeing intra-facility spread, which is why they went to everyone masked, distanced, etc.

But he also stated asymptomatic infected players don't spread the virus, nor do recovering players with Ct >35.  I do not know what those data are or how conclusive they are, because the NFL isn't sharing it.   

So they are claiming to be driven by science, but it's their own internal science so 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He is unavailable for the biggest game of the year.  How are you not hurting the team when you aren't on the field against the New England Patriots and are sitting home once again popping off on twitter and making yourself the center of a sideshow days before the biggest game of the year?

Are you serious? 50 players tested positive for Covid Monday,most have been vaccinated. Games are being played with 3rd string QBs and 11 starters unavailable. Did you see the Browns play without their 1st and 2nd string QBs. NE has their top 3 receivers on Covid protocols. This is a problem league wide with protocols that are unworkable and will result in the competitive nature of the season being compromised. You're pointing your finger at 1 guy. More Bills will get Covid and it will be a war of attrition.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, HamptonBillsfan said:

Are you serious? 50 players tested positive for Covid Monday,most have been vaccinated. Games are being played with 3rd string QBs and 11 starters unavailable. Did you see the Browns play without their 1st and 2nd string QBs. NE has their top 3 receivers on Covid protocols. This is a problem league wide with protocols that are unworkable and will result in the competitive nature of the season being compromised. You're pointing your finger at 1 guy. More Bills will get Covid and it will be a war of attrition.

You can use social media but he can't? If he's not breaking team rules, he's fine.

4 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

The vaccinated players are eligible to return when they're asymptomatic, like Beasley claims to be.  And few are STILL publicly whining about the rules months later.  

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They don't just care about the virus spreading, they care about their players getting severely ill. That is why they are still testing symptomatic vaccinated players and randomly testing some asymptomatic vaccinated players. And as far as I know the other protocols designed to limit spreading are still there - all staff and players wearing masks indoors, limited interactions with the community, social distancing in the team cafeterias, etc. It is not a free for all for the vaccinated players.

lol. If they were worried about players becoming severly ill they would be doing everything to keep it from spreading. They dropped daily tests for 1 reason. They knew they could not have a season if every positive player had to sit out games. The new variant is so contagious that virtually everyone is positive in every locker room right now if a single guy is positive.

• Agree 1

Sucks ass. I tested positive this morning. Vaccinated and boosted and now I get to spend the holidays in isolation. Football game or not, it’s gonna hurt not being w family for the holidays, I know i feel like ***** so I feel for him.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Evian said:

What? Whether is spreads or to do with whether you are positive or not. If you are positive you can spread it. Period. Being vacinnated does nothing to stop the spread. The reason to get vaccinated is to protect yourself, nothing more.

There's a lot of data on this, and this isn't the place to discuss it, but vaccination is pretty well established to decrease spread to others in several ways:

1) less likely to be infected

2) more rapid decline in titer - shorter infectious period

3) less viable virus when infectious (may be neutralized by antibodies)

Whether this is still true with Omicron is yet to be established, since antibody neutralization of Omicron appears to be  lower in vaccinated (and previously infected) people.

1 minute ago, Codyny13 said:

Sucks ass. I tested positive this morning. Vaccinated and boosted and now I get to spend the holidays in isolation. Football game or not, it’s gonna hurt not being w family for the holidays, I know i feel like ***** so I feel for him.

Feel better soon

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

The vaccinated players are eligible to return when they're asymptomatic, like Beasley claims to be.

Beasley said in an Instagram that he was feeling fine "with mild symptoms." I think he was implying his symptoms were not bad enough to keep him physically from playing, which is very plausible. It does not mean he is symptom free or he would have said symptom free.

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Beasley said in an Instagram that he was feeling fine "with mild symptoms." I think he was implying his symptoms were not bad enough to keep him physically from playing, which is very plausible. It does not mean he is symptom free or he would have said symptom free.

Vaccinated players with symptoms aren't playing either.

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The vaccinated players are eligible to return when they're asymptomatic, like Beasley claims to be.

They need negative tests before practicing or playing.Why do you think all these games are rescheduled and the player's still aren't playing. You have a problem with Cole personally, get over it.

7 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

5 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

You can use social media but he can't? If he's not breaking team rules, he's fine.

Are you having a dissociative episode?

• Vomit 1

Sanders can play the slot, so can McKenzie. Not 5he same as having Beasley but at least we have adequate back ups. There's Not many places we have adequate back ups, so it could be much worse.

Davis - Sanders - Knox - Diggs ain't a bad foursome. If Singletary can play like a starting NFL back we should be OK. We have to play well in all three phases to win this one, We gotta be a good team. We do that, I think we win.

Any talk about OL yet? About Dawkins and Feliciano? IMHO, we need both. It's not like they are a great line all of a sudden, they need work together first, but it's still the best combo we have and they give us a chance I think. Maybe Allen feels more comfortable if Dawkins and Feliciano play? He should, I would. It's a lot better than what we ran last week for sure.

4 minutes ago, Evian said:

lol. If they were worried about players becoming severly ill they would be doing everything to keep it from spreading. They dropped daily tests for 1 reason. They knew they could not have a season if every positive player had to sit out games. The new variant is so contagious that virtually everyone is positive in every locker room right now if a single guy is positive.

youre not wrong at this point. nfl has an gneda. and thats to play its games. have its super bowl. fulfill its tv contracts and bring in its revenue 

Edited by balln
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

So we will definitely be missing 2 of our top 4 WRs and potentially our starting LT, which causes a change in starter at 3 OL positions. 

Fun!

I didn’t look for other responses because I’m lazy, so apologies if already addressed: 

This is a choice. They don’t NEED to uproot Brown and Williams. They could plug in the next man up at LT. This way you know you’re likely a liability at one position, instead of potentially 3. 

Just now, HamptonBillsfan said:

They need negative tests before practicing or playing.Why do you think all these games are rescheduled and the player's still aren't playing. You have a problem with Cole personally, get over it.

I have no personal problem with him.  I also don't hold him up to be an American hero for spamming twitter with a bunch of misinformation pulled from russian troll farms and the dregs of the internet and calling it research.

Were he vaccinated, he would have an opportunity to play.  He has no chance because of his choices and he's still blaming the rules.  

4 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Yes, because he's so precise with his language.  Particularly when it comes to medical terms and concepts.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Sanders can play the slot, so can McKenzie. Not 5he same as having Beasley but at least we have adequate back ups. There's Not many places we have adequate back ups, so it could be much worse.

Davis - Sanders - Knox - Diggs ain't a bad foursome. If Singletary can play like a starting NFL back we should be OK. We have to play well in all three phases to win this one, We gotta be a good team. We do that, I think we win.

Any talk about OL yet? About Dawkins and Feliciano? IMHO, we need both. It's not like they are a great line all of a sudden, they need work together first, but it's still the best combo we have and they give us a chance I think. Maybe Allen feels more comfortable if Dawkins and Feliciano play? He should, I would. It's a lot better than what we ran last week for sure.

tasker sounded pretty sure that dawkins would NOT be well enough to play today on radio

Edited by balln

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Feliciano was in the ER on Sunday morning.  Dawkins was messed up over the summer (and may be now).  I know people who have been on a ventilator.  This thing is no joke.  So, eff football.  I hope a guy who has kids and who works hard in his profession and generally does the right thing stays healthy and lives his life without impairment when this is done.  Everything else is secondary.  

I don't want anything bad to happen to him, but if he's not concerned, I'm not wasting anytime worrying about him.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Vaccinated players with symptoms aren't playing either.

Right, but he says that it is the rules stopping him from playing. Both can be true, some players (not just Beasley) would be willing to play with a sore throat and congestion for example. I mean, this guy played with a rib injury. His toughness is not in question. Other players feel the same. Fortunately the league does not set its policy based on that.

2 minutes ago, balln said:

tasker sounded pretty sure that dawkins would NOT be well enough to play today on radio

That is bad news. Both for Dawkins and the Bills. Seems like Dawkins may be more susceptible than average for a man of his age.

10 minutes ago, Evian said:

If they were worried about players becoming severly ill they would be doing everything to keep it from spreading.

Again, they have other protocols in place. It is basically the same protocols they had last year before there was a vaccine. The only way they can totally stop the spreading is by canceling the season.

2 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Right, but he says that it is the rules stopping him from playing. Both can be true, some players (not just Beasley) would be willing to play with a sore throat and congestion for example. I mean, this guy played with a rib injury. His toughness is not in question. Other players feel the same. Fortunately the league does not set its policy based on that.

That is bad news. Both for Dawkins and the Bills. Seems like Dawkins may be more susceptible than average for a man of his age.

yea its a bummer. theres some data on blood type have conferred some protection, but that was at the very beginning. not sure if its still true

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

The rules stopped Josh Gordon from playing like 7 consecutive seasons.  I don't get Beasley's point. 

He clearly knew the rules as he was outspoken about them all offseason.  He made a very public stand on the issue and now here we are.  Stick by your guns, Cole.  Don't blame the rules.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2