Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think it's a low scoring game. The Pats should be able to dictate the pace of the game by being better in the trenches. Pats will mix it up with lots of short passes and various runs. I see them getting lots of fields goals. 

The Bills have to run the ball effectively. Last game, Motor ran the ball 22 times and it gave Allen more time to throw. The Bills Oline is not 100% and even at 100% they don't match up well with the Pats defense. The Colts pounded the Pats. The Bills don't have that of team. The Bills are a passing team and they need the best version of Allen to win. He can't come out of the gate playing like dog poop. Not sure what's going on with him? It's been a pretty consistent theme this year. It the Pats jump on the Bills it's game over. They will just tee off on a defenseless Allen. 

Lastly, I really like Coach McD. However, I just don't see McD out coaching BB. Although, BB made a huge error in kicking a field goal in the Indy game. I will be really watching in game adjustments. 

Gonna be a homer here. Bills defense bends but doesn't break. The offense gets a timely td. Bass hits the winning field to win it. 

Bills 19 Pats 16. Let's go Bflo!!!!!

Just read an article about Buffalo's run game. They have been very effective on 1st down, the last couple of weeks. Averaging over 5yds last week and over 10 the week before. Good sign. Buffalo doesn't need a juggernaut run game, just for it to be effective and a threat. This opens up passing plays too. In the last game nobody wanted to pass because of the very windy weather. That is Buffalo's strength on offense and wind won't be a factor. They are learning to set up pass plays better with the way defenses are playing them now. Really don't see NE holding Buffalo to under 20pts. Probably not even 30. On the flip side, I do see Buffalo holding NE to less than 20. NE has a good D, but they can't stop what is coming.

My prediction:

36 - 13 Buffalo

The Bills are pissed and it shows in this one.

2 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

dont let NE dictate the pace and make this a low scoring grudge match, come out firing be aggressive and convert in the redzone. This will force Mac Jones to try and keep up and pass more, of course ol Belicheat is gonna do whatever he can to prevent this style of game.

Getting off to a good start is always important but I think its even more important in this game. If noodle arm has to match points with Allen then the Bills will win every time. Assuming of course the Bills don't lose the turnover battle which can be a great equalizer. 

• Agree 2

I notice the Bills protected Isiah Hodgkins. I think of him as a replacement for Davis, since they're built the same and seem to have similar strengths and weaknesses. But it's Beasley they need to replace. Any news on Sanders? If he's a no-go, I suppose McKenzie is the next man up, followed by Stephenson. After that, they'd have to put Kumerow in the slot, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, billybob71 said:

dont let NE dictate the pace and make this a low scoring grudge match, come out firing be aggressive and convert in the redzone. This will force Mac Jones to try and keep up and pass more, of course ol Belicheat is gonna do whatever he can to prevent this style of game.

I agree, but McD and Co play to the style their opponents dictate. This has been a consistent in his tenure. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rockinon said:

Just read an article about Buffalo's run game. They have been very effective on 1st down, the last couple of weeks. Averaging over 5yds last week and over 10 the week before. Good sign. Buffalo doesn't need a juggernaut run game, just for it to be effective and a threat. This opens up passing plays too. In the last game nobody wanted to pass because of the very windy weather. That is Buffalo's strength on offense and wind won't be a factor. They are learning to set up pass plays better with the way defenses are playing them now. Really don't see NE holding Buffalo to under 20pts. Probably not even 30. On the flip side, I do see Buffalo holding NE to less than 20. NE has a good D, but they can't stop what is coming.

My prediction:

36 - 13 Buffalo

The Bills are pissed and it shows in this one.

I hope that you are correct. I do disagree with you. Why? It boils down to a few things. First, the Bills offensive is a serious problem. I just don't see them being effective enough to put up big points. Secondly, BB will do his best to talk away the Bills passing game. Lots of cover 2 and zone schemes. He will take his chance with the Bills running game beating him. Thirdly, can you feel confident Allen will have time to throw? Fourth, I see some long prolonged drives by the Pats via running and short passes. Bills will bend but not break ending up giving up field goals. However, it will keep the ball out of Allen's hands. I see a low scoring affair here. My last point is biased but I see the Bills getting several bad ref called again especially in Foxboro. 

Edited by newcam2012

22 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

Did anyone read Beasley’s Instagram post?  Not trying to bring that topic onto this one but it does crossover. He stated that one of his vaccinated teammates is hospitalized. I sure hope that not Dawkins after being hospitalized his first go around. 

I was assuming it was Feliciano since he has already admitted as much

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We've needed 2 dependable TE's for 30 years. It never happens. Just another deficiency this organization has in finding offensive personnel. Right now all resources have to be directed to OL.

What has happened for 30 years has nothing to do with the organization in its current form. These are the most aggravating comments. 

Different owners, coaches, GMs. Unless we were constantly promoting from within or ownership was saying don’t spend resources on discovering TE… all that matters is the past 5 years. 

Yeah, we need a 2nd TE. The decisions of regimes outside of this one having no bearing on that. 

40 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I hope that you are correct. I do disagree with you. Why? It boils down to a few things. First, the Bills offensive is a serious problem. I just don't see them being effective enough to put up big points. Secondly, BB will do his best to talk away the Bills passing game. Lots of cover 2 and zone schemes. He will take his chance with the Bills running game beating him. Thirdly, can you feel confident Allen will have time to throw? Fourth, I see some long prolonged drives by the Pats via running and short passes. Bills will bend but not break ending up giving up field goals. However, it will keep the ball out of Allen's hands. I see a low scoring affair here. My last point is biased but I see the Bills getting several bad ref called again especially in Foxboro. 

Pats only need to rush 4 to pressure Allen, leaving 7 in coverage most the time against 3 receivers and a TE.  Bills running game is no threat so Pats can let them try and run because they don't have to worry about it.  Josh is going to have to run more but hopefully not too many designed run plays but more roll outs and run if the D sits back. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.