Feliciano to Covid list

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Brandon Beane in an interview earlier this season said their % of unvaxxed was in single digits. I think it was Tim graham 

Thought he stated the number of players un-vaxxed was in single digits.  So that could be 8 or 9 out of 53 which would end up with a higher percent, roughly 15%??   That would be a small improvement of the training camp numbers that were published someplace of around 20%

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Citation?

Brandon Beane in an interview.  McDermott said "in the single digits" and then Beane said 91%.  That basically means 6 players.  Boettger, Brown, Klein, Lotulelei, and 2 others.

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

What’s his point?  Doesn’t sound like he’s in the ER anymore, so maybe he should be thankful.  

His point (Feliciano's) is to quit slamming on unvaccinated players because both vaccinated and unvaccinated players are being infected/reinfected at present.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Thought he stated the number of players un-vaxxed was in single digits.  So that could be 8 or 9 out of 53 which would end up with a higher percent, roughly 15%??   That would be a small improvement of the training camp numbers that were published someplace of around 20%

Practice squad counts.  91% means 6 players unvaxxed out of 69.

39 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Gonna be a long shot if he is just getting monoclonal.  

Lotulelei talked about taking the monoclonal Ab infusion after taking to Dawkins about it and how he felt better almost immediately afterwards.  It has to be given early in an infection to "at risk" patients (which these guys are by virtue of being "Big Men") before serious symptoms develop, so Feliciano is getting it at the right time.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

His point (Feliciano's) is to quit slamming on unvaccinated players because both vaccinated and unvaccinated players are being infected/reinfected at present.

I’m not slamming unvaccinated players.  I’d think a 300lb dude who contracts Covid and actually doesn’t have to get intubated or hooked up to a ventilator would express some gratitude for having been vaccinated.  Instead of using it as a reason to not get vaccinated.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’m not slamming unvaccinated players.  I’d think a 300lb dude who contracts Covid and actually doesn’t have to get intubated or hooked up to a ventilator would express some gratitude for having been vaccinated.  Instead of using it as a reason to not get vaccinated.  

Then you weren't the target audience for Feliciano's tweet, I'm just explaining what I believe he meant.

And I don't think he intended to be using it as an argument to not get vaccinated.

41 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

A lot of those 300lb men are in much better shape than many people who weigh 180, never workout, smoke, and eat chicken wings three times a week.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Brandon Beane in an interview.  McDermott said "in the single digits" and then Beane said 91%.  That basically means 6 players.  Boettger, Brown, Klein, Lotulelei, and 2 others.

How did we get Boettger on there?

Beasley is still holding onto unvaxxed so if the list above is correct, there is one other. So at this point we have 0-1 unvaxxed who also have not had Covid since August, right? Of course Boettger's protection may be waning but the others are likely safe for a little bit.

7 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

How did we get Boettger on there?

Beasley is still holding onto unvaxxed so if the list above is correct, there is one other. So at this point we have 0-1 unvaxxed who also have not had Covid since August, right? Of course Boettger's protection may be waning but the others are likely safe for a little bit.

Boettger was out with the Covids in the pre-season.  

At the time he returned, he did the "I'm going to keep that to myself" response on being asked whether he was vaccinated.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/after-surviving-covid-ike-boettger-heats-up-battle-for-time-at-guard/article_ef814f6a-0447-11ec-a6d9-07f19a9acdea.html

He may have been vaccinated since, I could be mistaken.  I seem to be there a lot today.

Wishing Feliciano a speedy recovery. I am a little curious about his Twitter covid timeline, and was just wondering if someone more in the know could help me understand. I’m confused how he’s in the hospital Sunday, then apparently sent home/hotel, then gets monoclonal antibodies on Tuesday. If the hospital deemed him healthy enough to release, is the monoclonal antibody treatment just a personal request these guys have access to? I’d think if it was deemed medically necessary it’d be done while admitted to the hospital. I’m not looking for any controversy or debate, just curious if anyone could enlighten me. 

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Wishing Feliciano a speedy recovery. I am a little curious about his Twitter covid timeline, and was just wondering if someone more in the know could help me understand. I’m confused how he’s in the hospital Sunday, then apparently sent home/hotel, then gets monoclonal antibodies on Tuesday. If the hospital deemed him healthy enough to release, is the monoclonal antibody treatment just a personal request these guys have access to? I’d think if it was deemed medically necessary it’d be done while admitted to the hospital. I’m not looking for any controversy or debate, just curious if anyone could enlighten me. 

Could be a difference in doctors' opinions. Or maybe they were out of stock on Sunday (supply chain issues?).

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

A lot of those 300lb men are in much better shape than many people who weigh 180, never workout, smoke, and eat chicken wings three times a week.

Only about 14% of adults in the US are still dumb enough to smoke. 

Approximately 18% of adults in the US are severely obese........like Dion Dawkins, for example.

I think, as your screen name suggests, your head is still in the 1970's when 40% of adults were smokers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Approximately 18% of adults in the US are severely obese........like Dion Dawkins, for example.

I think, as your screen name suggests, your head is still in the 1970's when 40% of adults were smokers.

Nope. I will just stick to the point you are 100% wrong about, my age. 
If we were using peoples screen names to make assumptions, I would say you can’t spell. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There are a lot of idiots here clearly

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I smoke and it's a bad habit and tough to break, but I'm certainly not dumb. What makes you think people with that habit is dumb? 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I smoke and it's a bad habit and tough to break, but I'm certainly not dumb. What makes you think people with that habit is dumb? 

Additionally only 14% of Americans smoke compared to years past, and although I’m not encouraging it, how many drug addicts do we have that didn’t exist in previous eras? 

Edited by SirAndrew

44 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Monoclonal antibodies are easily available to the general public now.  There is a clinic or two in most every town here in Florida.  If you have a positive test, just go get some monoclonals...  I had a good friend in Minneapolis test positive last month.  Both he and his wife just went and got the antibodies same day they tested positive.  The reported it as a very easy process.  But once you get them, you cannot get booster for a few weeks.   Two new developments that I have heard, but not confirmed...  They are now considering offering them preventively and also, there are doubts that that monoclonals work well against omicron. .

Edited by cwater10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Additionally only 14% of Americans smoke compared to years past, and although I’m not encouraging it, how many drug addicts do we have that didn’t exist in previous eras? 

I don't know, but I would guess a lot. However that really has nothing to do with what I said, I'm asking why he thinks anyone that smokes is dumb? 

18 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Nope. I will just stick to the point you are 100% wrong about, my age. 
If we were using peoples screen names to make assumptions, I would say you can’t spell. 

Well then I guess you are a really ignorant when it comes to math.......or how to make a comparison.........or understanding what most people constitute as a healthy lifestyle.:lol:

Smokers who also eat chicken wings 3x per week, don't get any exercise etc...........probably less than 1% of the population.   

Morbidly obese.......18%.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't know, but I would guess a lot. However that really has nothing to do with what I said, I'm asking why he thinks anyone that smokes is dumb? 

I was making the point that you can call smoking dumb, but there’s a lot of people causing themselves harm. It might just be in different ways than previous eras, so smokers aren’t the only ones making bad decisions. Trying to defend you bro, I’ll let you fight your own battles. 

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I was making the point that you can call smoking dumb, but there’s a lot of people causing themselves harm. It might just be in different ways than previous eras, so smokers aren’t the only ones making bad decisions. Trying to defend you bro, I’ll let you fight your own battles. 

Yes but that's not what was said. 

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

See below in bold...maybe he didn't mean it that way, but it says people that are dumb, not the smoking. 

44 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

You are the choices you make.   

If you haven't heard that one yet then you have never gotten serious about quitting.

That's beating addiction 101 stuff. 

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

You are the choices you make.   

If you haven't heard that one yet then you have never gotten serious about quitting.

That's beating addiction 101 stuff. 

Doesn't make me or anyone dumb though. Plenty of dumb ppl that don't smoke too. You could be one of em. But people that have whatever habits happened for many different reasons. But that certainly doesn't make them dumb

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Doesn't make me or anyone dumb though. Plenty of dumb ppl that don't smoke too. You could be one of em. But people that have whatever habits happened for many different reasons. But that certainly doesn't make them dumb

Yeah, actually by saying "though" you are accepting that "you are the choices you make" is fact..........which is admitting that making dumb choices identifies you accordingly.

Again..........when you get serious about quitting an expert can help you work thru the ego issues that won't allow you to separate your identity from your choices.

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah, actually by saying "though" you are accepting that "you are the choices you make" is fact..........which is admitting that making dumb choices identifies you accordingly.

Again..........when you get serious about quitting an expert can help you work thru the ego issues that won't allow you to separate your identity from your choices.

Actually, no I'm not, sounds like something someone "lacking intelligence" would say. There are professors all over that have a smoking habit. I'm a college grad who unfortunately picked up a bad habit. Certainly doesn't make me dumb. You're pretty ignorant with your statements. It's a bad habit people pick up for different reasons and it has nothing to do with being dumb or smart.

If anyone is "dumb" here, you are definitely making a strong case with some of your recent post here. You got some soul searching to do bro. Good luck with it

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

45 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Actually, no I'm not, sounds like something someone "lacking intelligence" would say. There are professors all over that have a smoking habit. I'm a college grad who unfortunately picked up a bad habit. Certainly doesn't make me dumb. You're pretty ignorant with your statements. It's a bad habit people pick up for different reasons and it has nothing to do with being dumb or smart.

If anyone is "dumb" here, you are definitely making a strong case with some of your recent post here. You got some soul searching to do bro. Good luck with it

I hope you quit playing lung darts but maybe have one before bed to relax.........because it seems like this topic is stressing you out. 

But when you do quit...........PLEASE don't make me part of your (insert #) of steps process by apologizing to me or telling me I was right.  

You can just assume I knew smoking was a dumb choice........and didn't take your nonsensical denials and illogical insults personally........and that I just assumed you'd wise up and swallow your pride/ego and quit that habit.    

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

He may not have been admitted to hospital.  He may have had to wait for confirmatory PCR test with O/N results to get mAb treatment, not sure on whether they administer the mAbs based on an antigen or rapid test - they do have side effects, so want to make sure it's indicated first.  Feliciano may also have wanted to wait a bit and see how he felt 24 hrs later.

The monoclonal antibody treatment is available to anyone considered at "high risk" for severe covid, which is a pretty broad list at this point and would include DLmen and OLmen (Dawkins and Lotulelei have said they received).

https://combatcovid.hhs.gov/possible-treatment-options-covid-19

Since it needs to be given within 10 days of initial symptoms, hospitals and doctors have been trying to "get the word out" and most cities have infusion centers

Again, contrary to Feliciano and Beasley's SocialMediaFest, they are not a substitute for vaccines:

1) mAbs are more expensive to produce and per unit, make the pharma company more money than vaccines

2) at current gov't contract, a covid vaccine costs 100-500x less than an anti-covid monoclonal antibody infusion

3) administration costs of vaccine much lower than monoclonal antibody treatment (90 minute IV infusion)

4) same viral mutations that make current vaccines less effective, make monoclonal antibody therapies ineffective

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I hope you quit playing lung darts but maybe have one before bed to relax.........because it seems like this topic is stressing you out. 

But when you do quit...........PLEASE don't make me part of your (insert #) of steps process by apologizing to me or telling me I was right.  

You can just assume I knew smoking was a dumb choice........and didn't take your nonsensical denials and illogical insults personally........and that I just assumed you'd wise up and swallow your pride/ego and quit that habit.    

Don't  worry, I don't apologize to ignorant people that choose to insult people that have any habits in their life and like a simpleton claims "dumbness" is the reasoning for those habits. I've seen you post really stupid stuff in the past but here you're going for the gold. 

Now here you try to change it and say "smoking" was dumb, when you clearly said people in general were dumb. Don't move those heavy goal post by yourself and make sure you get some help with it. Lift with your back...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.