Tired of teams "stealing" wins from us

BeastMaster

And it especially irked me watching Belicheat and company smirking and cackling that they stole another one from us in our building.

We are the more talented team in every game. We lose because of one of three things.

1. Not enough wins on the line (O and D)

2. Mistakes and penalties (coaching)

3. One dimensional and red zone struggles

This team needs to address these major issues, because it's killing one of the more talented rosters and one of the best QB's in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Evian said:

I was down on the Bills until last night. I think that loss was exactly what they needed. They have been too conservative and too soft. I think that loss will loosen up the offense and toughen up the defense. 

just like the loss to the hapless jags? Just like the pounding they got from the colts? they're cooked. coaching has failed them. 10-7 if they're lucky, and #5-7 seed depending on what else happens in the AFCE... 

10 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

And it especially irked me watching Belicheat and company smirking and cackling that they stole another one from us in our building.

We are the more talented team in every game. We lose because of one of three things.

This team needs to address these major issues, because it's killing one of the more talented rosters and one of the best QB's in the game.

We’ve now lost 4 games this year by a combined 17 points not having a running game especially inside the opponents 35 is just killing this team 

Maybe we need to stop saying they have a more talented roster than the opponents they lose to. If that is really the case then it all comes down to coaching.  Im fien with getting rid of McDermott.  I've thought he was a fraud for a long time.. But that is too simplistic. The fact is outside of a few players the talent is just not there. Edmunds is trash and proved it on a national stage last night. The LB depth after Milano is terrible. The entire o-line is awful at run blocking.  There is not one linemen that can move a defender off the ball. Enough has been said about the lack of talent at RB spot. And despite what all the metrics say, this d-line can not generate a pass rush.

9 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

just like the loss to the hapless jags? Just like the pounding they got from the colts? they're cooked. coaching has failed them. 10-7 if they're lucky, and #5-7 seed depending on what else happens in the AFCE... 

The Jags loss did nothing. There were too many games left and there was no urgency. 

Bills need to grow up fast. Stop crying at the refs. Playing for the division, and you have:

1. Brieda's fumble that takes him out of the game
  2. Two false starts followed up by a sack on the next play
  3. Spencer Brown hold on Beasley converting first down
  4. Diggs dropping that 50 yard TD

Speaking of growing up, I don't mind opposition happy after they won. But all that punk stuff they do, laying on people after the play, talking trash, hits after the whistle. Really makes me hate rich people, who are bailed out by the taxpayers by the way. I hate Boston. I hate New York City. I always will. No wonder people try to blow them up. Next time something big happens, make them think we got their backs, and then just leave them. They are ugly people and weak cowards deep down. That guy who wanted to help the police in that shootout with the Boston Marathon bombers, and threw them a hammer and then locked his door, that's who we fight for today. They are ugly, they bring it upon themselves, they talk big but run away and they deserve zero help.

We're not the more talented team.  Let's go on and admit that.  Outside of Allen & Diggs, I'm not sure there's another player on the Bills roster I'd take over their counterpart in NE.  Of course, most of our players would be the best version of themselves on NE so there's always that i guess

So we're overlooking that N'Keal Harry gaff on the punt return that gifted us our only TD?  Their defense SHUT US DOWN.  How the F do you overlook the blatantly obvious???  We scored a FG.  

Our QB1 and WR1 are way more talented than theirs, but they are more talented at every other position group, especially in the trenches, and it showed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, BeastMaster said:

If you wanna say that, fine.

Either way...it's unacceptable and there needs to be changes made.

the pats were horrible last night.

the game in a nutshell:  one long td run and a 2 LT conversion——- One kicker goes 2-2 in FGs-  the other kicker goes 1-2.   Bills had several dropped passes.  The pats had a very questionable 4th down conversion given to them by an idiot ref. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This team is wasting a lot of talent.  But it’s a flawed team and other team’s are taking advantage of those flaws.  Also we built a team that is very passing centric and a defense that is very pass rush (and coverage) centric.  We did this at the expense of any real focus on the rushing game and run defense.  And we did it hoping to play outdoors in Buffalo in January. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

the pats were horrible last night.

the game in a nutshell:  one long td run and a 2 LT conversion——- One kicker goes 2-2 in FGs-  the other kicker goes 1-2.   Bills had several dropped passes.  The pats had a very questionable 4th down conversion given to them by an idiot ref. 

They were horrible. They were ZERO threat to do anything but run the ball, and they pummeled us with it. I guess that makes us even worse.

They couldn't stop our passing game in the windiest conditions...yet we failed 11 out of 12 tries in the red zone. 

We had chances, but poor coaching decisions left us screwed at the end of the game with only one timeout.

It's quite something when you watch a team that had no business winning actually win.

Where do you place the blame?

To be honest - I'm not quite as "down" on this team as some of the others in the this thread. Then again - I wasn't quite as "up" on the Bills all along. 

I'm sort of Zen about it...

This team - as it is now though - isn't winning any Superbowls. 

We have a number of decent pieces - but this isn't Madden. You can't fill your team with superstar  x-factors. We have a few, but the rest need to be coached/schemed up - and we aren't doing that offensively.

I will agree we need a bulldozer Running back, and some big smart bodies on both the O and D lines.  Oh - and a new O-line coach, because YEESH, they aren't good.

we have plenty of talent issues, we are not balanced, that's for certain, but no one is perfect.  the pats had a freaking rookie qb who they didn't even ask to throw the ball.  we have the highest paid d and dline in the nfl, and the qb with the most guaranteed money in the history of the game.

1/4 in the redzone, 3 filthy points, is disgusting.  that's on coaching, that's on not being prepared.  yeah, our OL is not good, our RBs are cheeks, and our WRs are too small, but we have josh freaking allen on the field, and no one else does, and we simply couldn't figure out a way to set him up ONE BLOODY TIME for a TD is entirely on coaching.  everything we run on O is either known by the d ahead of time, or it is simply asking allen to be super man and just will us some points.  our front office is our biggest problem right now, and our coaching on offense is not good.

1 minute ago, LongTermBuffalonian said:

I will agree we need a bulldozer Running back, and some big smart bodies on both the O and D lines.  Oh - and a new O-line coach, because YEESH, they aren't good.

The OL is hot garbage.  Dorkins isn't playing up to his contract, Morse looks like an old woman getting shoved around on a subway platform, and our TEs are a joke.  Putting our hopes on a 3rd round rookie had predictable results.  It's not just the OL either.  For the most expensive DL in the league they're bereft of results.  I look forward to hearing how statistically dominant they are, proving the maxim of 'lies, damn lies, and statistics'

4 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

They were horrible. They were ZERO threat to do anything but run the ball, and they pummeled us with it. I guess that makes us even worse.

They couldn't stop our passing game in the windiest conditions...yet we failed 11 out of 12 tries in the red zone. 

We had chances, but poor coaching decisions left us screwed at the end of the game with only one timeout.

It's quite something when you watch a team that had no business winning actually win.

Where do you place the blame?

I don’t think they pummeled us with it. They had 11 1st downs.  They had 11 more yards that us.  We had 11 more plays on O than them.  They were 2/13 on 3rd down conversions.  Their 1 4th down conversion was a gift from the ref.  

Why can't the Bills Run the damn ball? Our line is not on par with Indy or TB or Ten -- but c'mon -- they are still NFL-caliber players. Other teams/schemes do more with less. Why the hell has our team not figured out how to run the ball in over 2 years?

37 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I honestly think we have fed into this narrative and it simply might not be true. Are we the most talented team?  I don’t think we are. We are soft and beat ourselves. 

Outside of Allen, Diggs, and maybe Spencer Brown…who do we have on offense that other teams need to be really concerned about?  As for the defense…our only dawg is out for the year and the rest is comprised of guys that aren’t nasty. You could argue that Poyer and Hyde might fit into that, but no one else fits that mold. We have assembled a team of nice guys that are starting to fall apart and unravel. It’s very concerning. 

Just now, whorlnut said:

I honestly think we have fed into this narrative and it simply might not be true. Are we the most talented team?  I don’t think we are. We are soft and beat ourselves. 

Outside of Allen, Diggs, and maybe Spencer Brown…who do we have on offense that other teams need to be really concerned about?  As for the defense…our only dawg is out for the year and the rest is comprised of guys that aren’t nasty. You could argue that Poyer and Hyde might fit into that, but no one else fits that mold. We have assembled a team of nice guys that are starting to fall apart and unravel. It’s very concerning. 

That's my point.

We don't have stout run defenders and are soft on both lines. The talent is there with a the QB and receivers. Same with the secondary and Milano/Edmunds (when he's playing smart).

Talented, but soft. Coaching is lacking also.

I have no doubt the next meeting will not resemble this one at all, but I would venture a guess that they build off of it while our coaching staff tries to replay it.  

Now that they ran on us, I expect play action and Jones to be a factor next time out.  

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

That's my point.

We don't have stout run defenders and are soft on both lines. The talent is there with a the QB and receivers. Same with the secondary and Milano/Edmunds (when he's playing smart).

Talented, but soft. Coaching is lacking also.

I’m starting to get really concerned about the coaching as well. I love McD and what he’s about but I really feel he might be a liability. Daboll is as good as gone. Not sure about Frazier. I just know we don’t have any nastiness on either side. Brown is prob our nastiest but he’s a ways off from being great. Allen is nasty but he can only do so much. 

24 minutes ago, marky said:

Bills need to grow up fast. Stop crying at the refs. Playing for the division, and you have:

1. Brieda's fumble that takes him out of the game
  2. Two false starts followed up by a sack on the next play
  3. Spencer Brown hold on Beasley converting first down
  4. Diggs dropping that 50 yard TD

Speaking of growing up, I don't mind opposition happy after they won. But all that punk stuff they do, laying on people after the play, talking trash, hits after the whistle. Really makes me hate rich people, who are bailed out by the taxpayers by the way. I hate Boston. I hate New York City. I always will. No wonder people try to blow them up. Next time something big happens, make them think we got their backs, and then just leave them. They are ugly people and weak cowards deep down. That guy who wanted to help the police in that shootout with the Boston Marathon bombers, and threw them a hammer and then locked his door, that's who we fight for today. They are ugly, they bring it upon themselves, they talk big but run away and they deserve zero help.

AWESOME! I love seeing cretins blow themselves up in fantastic fashion! 
Goodbye, forever. 🤣 BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

40 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

Ssd but realistic.  Face it, we were handed a golden schedule, facing terrible teams often with backup QBs or rookies and we are on a lifeline to even make the playoffs.  We couldnt have gotten a much easier schedule than we had this year and we have wasted it.

• Like (+1) 1

What did we learn from last nights debacle ?

1. We can't stop the run even when they tell us that's all they're going to do

2. We move the ball between the 20's but we can't get the ball into the end zone. Let JA17 call the plays in the red zone, can't be any worse than Daboll's calls.

3. This team seemingly has no heart, no sense of urgency, just collecting paychecks

4. 5 more games and this season of under performance is over. No Super Bowl, no playoffs, just vacation plans and tee times.

5. A team that is not built for Buffalo weather doesn't stand a chance come November, December.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Evian said:

I was down on the Bills until last night. I think that loss was exactly what they needed. They have been too conservative and too soft. I think that loss will loosen up the offense and toughen up the defense. 

So, why this one and other against the Jags, Titans, or Colts.  You could make the same argument for each of them and nothing changes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

The Bills are simply not as good as everyone thought they’d would be.

Most everyone believed the preseason hype.

It’s not refs or couple missed plays in games, they’re not a top tier team.

True, I tried to be reasonable this past summer, but I was treated like a heretic here.  Pretending that 13-3 was our birthright and floor for this season, and NE's ceiling was 8-9 wins just seemed worse than Homerism.  Here we are, more or less where I expected to be, maybe a bit worse.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Evian said:

See, I thought that after the Jax loss. They haven't seemed to learn anything since then and are just as inconsistent.

I'll just spend the rest of the season having the lowest of expectations (i.e. assuming they miss the playoffs) and just see what happens, but I'm not going to pin any hopes to them that's for sure

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

Not stealing as much as giving it away.

They needed one td last night to win same as the jags. Pathetic

Crazy thing is that if they had just played for field goals in those games in the redzone, we likely would have won.  Instead, we pressed, made negative plays and either turned it over or found ourselves outside of automatic FG range.  This team is nothing if not frustrating this season.  It's like every button we've pushed has backfired this year.

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Crazy thing is that if they had just played for field goals in those games in the redzone, we likely would have won.  Instead, we pressed, made negative plays and either turned it over or found ourselves outside of automatic FG range.  This team is nothing if not frustrating this season.  It's like every button we've pushed has backfired this year.

Absolutely agree. Beyond frustrating

Bad teams find ways to lose and good teams find ways to win and that couldn't have been more true last night.

And no matter what way some fans spin it, this isn't a roster oozing with talent that keeps having games 'stolen'. Outside of a few key players it's a marginally talented roster with an average at best coaching staff who to their credit has maximized certain areas of the team to their strengths and is woefully in over their heads in others.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.