Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

I haven't seen this mentioned in this thread, but maybe I just missed it.

The Bucs' starting center, Ryan Jensen, has missed two straight practices and is trending toward not playing. His backup has 21 career snaps. They could potentially move Marpet over to center, but that would put a backup in at guard.

In any case....I'll take any advantage I can get.

Paging Ed Oliver...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Logic said:

The Bucs' starting center, Ryan Jensen, has missed two straight practices and is trending toward not playing. His backup has 21 career snaps. They could potentially move Marpet over to center, but that would put a backup in at guard.

Paging Ed Oliver...

He’s hurt too now lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

How many of our guys dehydrated back in the middle of September when they kicked Miami's ass in South Florida?

Good question. 

It seemed like there were at least 2 players who left the game temporarily with "cramps", the announcers said something about several players getting IVs at halftime, and in his Monday interview Daboll talked about how much the players put into it and seeing them packed in ice and getting IVs on the way home for muscle cramps.

I'm going to guess 2-6, of which only 1 or 2 missed snaps when it counted.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Paging Ed Oliver...

Plus, Jensen is a goon. Kinda guy you hate unless he's on your team.  

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Are you equating the defending SB champions who have the GOAT at QB with Miami a team that would just be happy to make the dance? 

Context, my man.  We’re talking about the weather and whether 80 degrees will cause acclimatization problems for our cold-weather team.

It’s relevant to ask how much problem we had in Miami in September with similar weather.

No one is equating the two teams.

5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This is basically a playoff game to me. No win would be bigger than this. Against Tom Brady? If Bills somehow win it will be magical. 

It feels that way but it’s not.  If we just beat the Panthers, Falcons, and Jets we pry sneak in.  You just need to get hot at the right time as we can beat anyone in the NFL.  Especially on the road.  Three straight road wins and we get to play in a domed Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/8/2021 at 10:42 AM, BRH said:

Brady is not going to do that.   They have thrown 517 passes and attempted 263 runs this year.  Brady averages over 42 pass attempts per game.  And there is no way he will accept a game plan that doesn't allow him to air it out, not after what just happened.

If they can get up big early, they will run to limit our opportunities to come back, but not until then.

If I’m the Bucs I run every play. The Bills defense has been beaten up against the run. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Are you equating the defending SB champions who have the GOAT at QB with Miami a team that would just be happy to make the dance? 

I know you Chowda heads are slow but we were quite clearly talking about the weather conditions.

Edited by Beast

55 minutes ago, Beast said:

I know you Chowda heads are slow but we were quite clearly talking about the weather conditions.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Context, my man.  We’re talking about the weather and whether 80 degrees will cause acclimatization problems for our cold-weather team.

It’s relevant to ask how much problem we had in Miami in September with similar weather.

No one is equating the two teams.

Isn’t it kind of silly to ask? Outside of an occasional hurricane it’s always hot in Florida. Lmao

Edited by PatsFanNH

This would be how the Bills would look if they made it to the SB. Not having Tre is a big deal and not stopping the run.

Let Edmunds cover Gronk he has the size and speed. Hope Klein is back 

Edited by ALF

20 minutes ago, ALF said:

This would be how the Bills would look if they made it to the SB. Not having Tre is a big deal and not stopping the run.

Let Edmunds cover Gronk he has the size and speed. Hope Klein is back 

Have to agree there. This is supposed to be what Edmunds is there for…to cover Gronk. Remember, Bills management thought they’d face Gronk and Brady twice a year when they drafted Edmunds. Sunday afternoon is his chance to prove them right. 

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Isn’t it kind of silly to ask? Outside of an occasional hurricane it’s always hot in Florida. Lmao

If you think it's silly, that's fine - but you were called on totally misunderstanding what's being discussed.  As a guest here, I think you might have mis-typed "oh, whups, Me Bad"

"It's always hot in Florida" .....that would be why Citrus growers have loss prevention programs for freezes, and why Frozen Iguanas are a thing?

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/weather/2021/12/02/frozen-iguanas-how-handle-florida-weather-cold-trees/8823566002/

9 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

If I’m the Bucs I run every play. The Bills defense has been beaten up against the run. 

No.  You don't run on every play.  Because the point is, if you maintain enough of an effective pass threat, the Bills can't just choke down on the run as they have against the Ravens.

Yes, the Bills have been beaten up against the run but that by itself is probably not enough to defeat us.  We beat Us.

We defeat us.  4 trips to the RZ and 1 TD to show for it will do that.  If the Bills score TDs on half those redzone trips, they win.  If they score anything on each of those RZ trips, they win.

Examples of what I mean by "that probably isn't enough to beat us":

-While collecting 222 rush yards, the Pats only managed 14 points to go with it.  And they got their lone TD off our dumb-ass stupid unforced fumble on the QB-RB exchange.  We also had 4 trips to the RZ, 1 TD, 1 FG, and 1 missed FG to show for it.

-During the Colts 41-15 Butt-Whuppin, the Colts scored 21 points off of 2 INTs and a stupid unforced fumble at our goal line.  Did their run game beat us?  Well, without our stupid ass turnovers, we certainly could have had a much better shot

-During the Tennessee game, despite giving up 146 rush yards, we were in it to win it at the end.  Again, 5 trips  to the RZ and 2 TDs; if we score on 3 (our average of last season) we win.

The Bills can be beaten far more often and more easily than I'd like.  But the Bills make a huge contribution to beating the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.